“Don't Even Think of Statying There!”
Review of Santa Pera Hotel

Santa Pera Hotel
Ranked #878 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 September 2011

There is nothing good to say about this hotel. The location was the worst neighborhood I had ever seen in all my trips: There were brothels everywhere in the neighborhood!!! There was a very long walk to any place for shopping and even to the nearest payphone (I was told it was near Taksim). A lot of traffic noise at night (The hotel is located off a very busy street!!!). We (my wife and I) stayed there for a night and couldn’t take it for another night (our reservation was for 4 nights).
The night shift receptionist was very rude. The room, hotel restaurant, and corridors were damp. The bathroom was so filthy that we didn’t dare take a shower there. The breakfast was awful. Almost no one speaks any language other than Turkish. The bed was very uncomfortable and gave me a backache. The TV in the room was an antique 14-inch! Just avoid the hotel – actually I wouldn’t call it a hotel let alone a 4-star one.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrible!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
13  Thank AG4E
Siran C, Satış Müdürü at Santa Pera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Dear our Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Santa Pera Hotel Istanbul and for taking the time to share your valuable comments.

We have upset that you could not meet your expectations during your stay. I would like to inform you that our hotel has been completely renovated as of January 2015. Our breakfast was developed and our non-smoking room has been increased. Our hotel is located in one of Istanbul's busiest streets at Tepebaşı. İn this reason, our windows are double glazed and made aim to reduce noise. Meanwhile it is actually only a 10-minute walk from our hotel to Taksim Square.

Your choice of accommodation for next time you travel to Istanbul, I would like to indicate you are welcome to use by us.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

It was a good hotel and the staff is very very helpful escpecially Mr Ismail Cice ,the front office manager , he is very helpful we used to ask him about every place we want to go .The room ia a little bit narrow but alwaysssssssssssss clean ,the house keeping staff are always there for your comfort .The breakfast is very good ,a variety of food.Finally thnx to santa pera hotel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MagyHanna

Dear Our Guest,

Greetings from Santa Pera Hotel, Istanbul,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on our hotel.

l very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and having you as a staying guest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2011

we arrive istanbul on 22march 2010,hotel is far away from taksim square,the reception not helpful even when we advise him that we r honey mooner,just try to sell to us tripsarround istanbul,the breakfast very poor,the room very noisy,narrow,the bath room was so dirty ,the hotel rate so expensive 120$ per dbl room ,our reservation was for 5nts,when we check out after 2nts stay ,the receiptionest called ismail treatment us with nervous way ,i recommend elit world istanbul ,we stay very nice 3 nts there ,was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hussein81

Dear our Guest,

We have upset that you could not meet your expectations during your stay. I would like to inform you that our hotel has been completely renovated as of January 2015. Our breakfast was developed and our non-smoking room has been increased. Our hotel is located in one of Istanbul's busiest streets at Tepebaşı. İn this reason, our windows are double glazed and made aim to reduce noise. Meanwhile it is actually only a 10-minute walk from our hotel to Taksim square.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Where do I start? For various reasons we ended up at this hotel at 2200. We tried a few other hotels but ended up in this one as there was still a room available. Primarily we were lied to, regarding the type of room (Deluxe suite with seaview and no smoking - 0/3 were correct). As mentioned in other reviews it overlooks a 6 lane highway which never stops, there was a constant drip, akin to torture, which when we complained was turned off for about an hour before being turned on again, the room was uncomfortably warm, with no option to turn off the radiator. Finally when we attempted to complain the receptionist and on duty manager had a mild case of Alzheimers as they completely lost the ability to speak English, which they had done so previously.

All in all, all those that worked there could be compared to crooked, the whole thing was a joke, I can only implore all those considering this hotel to think again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikebravo22

Reviewed 17 October 2010

This hotel smells of sewage. It overlooks an 8 lane motorway which is very noisy 24h and difficult to sleep. The staff and not very friendly and only speak very basic English. The breakfast is not western/ continental; its Turkish; olives, potatoes, raisins, soup. The TV only shows Turkish channels. You may see on the hotel website that there is a free transfer service, well when I tried to book this they hung up the phone on me. The receptionist said they have no such service and no website. I advise travellers to pay more money and get a known chain like best western or it may ruin your vacation. All the hotels of this grade around Taxim are pretty much the same.This is not a European/ US 4 star hotel, please bear that in mind. This is more like a 2 star. If you want a budget hotel and you can put up with all that stuff then go right ahead and book.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank jaye321

Reviewed 19 September 2010

I have nothing good to say about this hotel. The location was a tragedy – the worst neighborhood I have seen in all the trips I have taken: There were at least 5 brothels in the neighborhood!!! and homeless people were everywhere; there was a very long walk to any place for shopping (Taksim for instance) and even to the nearest payphone. And the traffic noise was a killer at night (The hotel is located on a highway!!!). We (my wife and I) stayed there for two nights and after the second night I couldn’t take it anymore.
The night shift receptionist was rude with his inappropriate jokes and gestures (I can’t say what he actually did!!!); the entire hotel, including our room, was damp and the bathroom ceiling was actually collapsing (see the pictures); their room service is a joke: one time I asked for hot water and someone came at the door with a glass of hot water in his hand – don’t they have teapots there?! The breakfast is way below average; the staff, except for the receptionists, barely speaks any language other than Turkish; the bed gave me the worst backache of my life; the TV is an antique 14-inch! The bathroom was so filthy that neither of us dared to take a shower there during the two nights.
Just avoid the hotel – actually I wouldn’t call it a hotel let alone a 4-star one. On the second day I moved to The Plaza which is way better for only US$50 extra per night!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KOOLZ

Reviewed 26 May 2010

I stayed there for two days and it wasn't a very pleasant experience.Although we had a reservation the room wasn't ready when we arrived.When we went to bed we realized there were no blankets!!Not at all!!I talked with the reception and they informed me that that all the blankets were wet from the previous night rain!!!!But at least they gave us two piquet.The breakfast was as simple as it gets.Not recommended at all!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010