I recently stayed at the Tuncay while visiting Turkey with my mother. We had a rental car, so had the chance to drive around town and look at most of the places (since my mom was with my mom was with me, I wanted to stay at the nicest place I could). We looked at a dozen places including the Bella was a bit gloomy and grim and the Nilya was super pricey. While walking along, we saw this place and stopped in because we liked the location.
The owner speaks English EXCELLENTLY and he knows the city and area well. We had just driven from Pergama where our car had been broken into and a window smashed. The owner called the rental agency, arranged for the car to be fixed at a nearby shop, and even took us there and picked us up. He went way way out of his way to help us. It was really above what he needed to do.
We were just lucky because we actually chose the place because the rooms were spotless clean, modernish, cheery, and the space was pretty and safe (we wanted security after the car breakin). They have really nice public spaces which had speedy Internet access. And, it was much cheaper than anyplace else in town. I think i twas really nice. I would recommend for any of my friends coming through Turkey.
Also, there are some good restaurants just a quick stroll from this place:
- The cute little bakery/pastry shop right at the cross walk on the other side of the big street has amazing cheese/spinach/sweet things for nothing.
- Pinaar Pide on the second street has really good Pides - just watch how much take away busines they do.
- Down the street on the same side at the very end is a great little place doing lots of business - can't remember the exact name but it is yellow.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Tuncay Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuncay Pension Turkey/Izmir Province