“By far an away the best pension in Selcuk”
Review of Nur Pension

and 1 more site!
Nur Pension
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
London
“By far an away the best pension in Selcuk”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

What can be said about this adorable small and friendly pension. The staff are accommodating, friendly and hospitable! The pension, is amazing good value.. It is always clean, the air-con works well and all the facilities needed are provided (including wifi, kitchen and a lovely courtyard to chill out in)... There really isn't anything bad to say about this place, and I am sure I will be back to see Ali and the boys next time I am in the region...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hiroshima, Japan
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Good location(with good neighborhood) and they serve nice turkish breakfast, adorable and clean room.I had pleasant stay in Selcuk with their great hospitality.Best pension in Selcuk.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in a dorm for three persons which is almost like a private room.
The pension has really nice and quiet atmosphere with a patio where you take the breakfast and a nice turkish style lounge area outside.
The rooms had AC, were clean and looked well maintained. The beds were comfortable. We stayed for two nights and on the second night there was some strange noise thumping all night which kind of affected my sleep on that night, but I think it was from a construction site on the street, so it should be transitory.
The bathroom was shared but was fairly clean.
The location is a five minute walk from the city center which for me is great.
The people running the place were nice.
The internet was not working properly during our stay.
The breakfast was the best I got in my trip.
If I where to comeback to Selçuk I would almost for sure use this pension again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flocooo
Upington, South Africa
Reviewed 3 July 2012

On arriving in Selcuk by bus from Izmir, we were approached by a handsome young man, Ramazan, who offered us accommodation at their family run Nur Pension. What a pleasant surprise when he offered to take us in his car and minutes later was given a warm Turkish welcome with Apple tea on arrival at Nur situated in the typical local district centrally situated. The owner, Ali, helped us with info and tours of the area and organised our full day tour to Ephesus etc. The accommodation is basic but comfortable and offers good value for money. Rooms are spacious, bedding clean, en-suite bathroom with shower, aircon worked well. The host and his family are friendly and hands on and take a genuine interest in their guests needs. After enjoying a typical Turkish breakfast and coffee, we were once again helped by our hosts with transport and accommodation arrangements to further explore Pamukkele. If travelling on a small budget then this is a good stop.

Room Tip: Double room upstairs No swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Indola
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Tucked away from the maın town. Basic. Old smelly bathroom with unhygenic toilet. Could hear other people in the corridor through my door! Nice people but the place needs more work done to it and better bathroom cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank havachatkiwi
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 October 2011

It's not exactly in the centre of selcuk, but it's only like 5-8 minutes away from bus station, probably less than 5 minutes from centre, and it's inside the neighborhood, feel comfortable with it. Clean bathroom, nice breakfast especially the fried omelet! The only thing is we booked a room for 4 in dorm for 5, they changed the room to winter position, so it's only fit in 3 person in it, although they offered us to take 2 separate room.

• Stayed November 2010
Durham
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I arrived on a bus from Izmir in the early afternoon and was greeted at the Otogar by the usual guys touting their hotels. One seemed rather polite and so I listened to his spiel about Nur Pension, asked the price, and agreed to check it out. He offered to take me to see it and, if I wanted to look at other places, bring me back to the otogar. The son of the owner picked me up and drove me the five minutes to the pension, which at first look was friendly, bright and cheerful. The courtyard is very pleasant. I was shown a room, which I was surprised to see was quite large. I'd asked to see a single and perhaps all their singles have huge beds and lots of space... Anyway, I accepted it at the price quoted by the guy at the otogar, 40TL. The dorms looked nice and probably would have been better value, but I really liked the room they gave me. I had my own bathroom and shower, which had hot and cold water (temperature fluctuated a little during showers but not bad). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price and was always a pleasant array of fruit, vegetables, bread, cheese/butter/jam and an egg, along with tea or coffee. Both the owner and her son were very friendly and helpful, answering my questions about area activities easily. One comment on location: it's away from the city center, shops, restaurants and other hotels, but those are only a five minute walk away, where you climb some stairs to cross the railroad tracks. The otogar is about a seven to ten minutes walk. I quite like that it was on it's own; it was quiet and it didn't seem like I was too far from the 'happening' areas.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Urkmez Hotel
Boomerang Guesthouse Ephesus
Atilla's Getaway
Atilla's Getaway
#3 of 18 in Selcuk

Been to Nur Pension? Share your experiences!