“Best place to stay in Selcuk to experience the authentic Turkish lifestyle”
Review of Nur Pension

and 1 more site!
Nur Pension
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As a deaf person on a limited budget, I had an amazing experience when arriving in Selcuk by bus with no plans, no accommodation or any idea what to expect. I met Ramazan at the Otogar and took his offer of a room for the night. I must emphasize that it was the best decision I ever made on the spur of the moment. Nur Pension is in a residential area of Selcuk and offer you an authentic experience of Turkish lifestyle in a small farming town. It is far better than staying in a hotel for those of you who want to experience Turkey at it best and interact with the locals. Ramazan and Ayako are amazing hosts, they will look out for you and make sure you have a memorable stay. Room with en-suite bathroom is spacious and clean. Breakfast is so good and well prepared. I will recommend this place to everyone who want to visit Ephesus and I will definitely return here next time I visit Turkey.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
nurpension, オーナー at Nur Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you very much for your warm and valuable comment.
We couldn't be happier to hear that you've enjoyed your stay in Selcuk with us.
This is your second home.Please come visit us whenever you'd love to.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Best regards,

Ayako and Ramazan

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The dormitory was filled with bed bugs! After sitting on my bed for less than 15 minutes, I observed at least 5 bed bugs within centimeters of me.

I do hope however that this was a fluke.
These things happen and the staff was extremely kind!

They will drive you back to the otogar if you're unhappy with your room! So that's very admirable to me!

Nice job with costumer service, a shame about the bugs.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Fischeme
nurpension, オーナー at Nur Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

We are very sorry that we gave you unpleasant feeling.
We just bought this place,Nurpension from former owner on 6th. June and we've been working on changing and renovationg lots of things in our pension everyday.
We've changed all beds and pillows in all rooms(dormitory as well) on 15th. June as previously scheduled.They are all high quality full orthopedic beds and of course brand-new.
We are now very proud of our bedding.
And furthermore,we've just installed an air-conditioner in the dormitory which you've seen.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again and thank you very much for your warm review even though you didn't stay at our pension.
Best regards,

Ayako and Ramazan

Reviewed 3 May 2013

If you are only in Selcuk for 1 or 2 nights to visit Ephesus or Sirince village, this is definitely a sufficient and a good budget choice. The room is spacious and relatively clean. Didnt have the breakfast there so cant comment on it since I left early the next day for the Izmir Airport.

The pension is located near the train station, slightly further from bus station but they provide pick-up from bus station. Thus the benefit is if you are coming from or leaving to Izmir Airport, you can pretty much walk from the train station to this Pension. The train ticket is only 4.50 TL for a 1 hour journey! bargain deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mrcapybara
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Nur Pension with my parents in a triple room. Nur Pension was very reasonably price at 45 Euro / night for the three of us, and the location was fairly central. The breakfast was generous, including a small omelette and fresh bread. However, the room smelled of cat urine; there were no top sheets on any of our beds, just two thin blankets; the bathroom, though sizeable, was a bit dingy, and the bathroom door wouldnt close shut. There was no key to lock the bedroom, though we felt quite safe. We did find the staff very friendly, and the little dog is adorable. We were referred to Nur restaurant in town which is run by the Pension owner's brother - and we had a very good meal there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank CharleVS
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Damot, You were all a pleasure to be around. The Comfort you gave us was so lovely. If I go back to Turkey I will stay here again. Clean, spacious, and friendly and let us not forget Bubbles the little dog that knows all these languages. Choose this Pension! Great service!

Room Tip: Any room is great!