“An excellent meal at a very good price.”

Mehmet and Ali Baba Kebab House
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Selcuk
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are Turkish family run this restaurant, 2 brothers own this place and we always try to make best Turkish food for our guest, welcome all.We have free WIFI Wireless at restaurant ( internet connection ). we have a so many vegetarian options too.We have also face page you can check Mehmet and Ali Baba kebab house
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

The Kabob House as such a good find. I had the lamb, and it was fantastic! I also finished off with some baklava, which was the best I have ever tasted.

Mehmet (the owner) is so nice and helpful. We were having trouble finding the ANZ Guesthouse (which is also amazing!) and he took us there himself. He also owns a carpet shop next to the restaurant. We had a look inside and there were so many beautiful carpets, bags, and scarfs! We bought some souvenirs for ourselves and some gifts for friends, he gave us a very good price, much cheaper than other places in town.

6  Thank Jess M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 31 March 2013

A small fabulous find in Selcuk! Mehmet has the most awesome kebab in Selcuk! The food was really good at reasonable prices. I just had to go back there again and again. The kebab wraps were extremely addictive. Do try the meatballs, pancakes, kebab wraps with beef/chicken!

8  Thank desTnee
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Wonderful people!! Great Turkish food! Highly recommended! Nice location and beautiful decor. We will be coming back again with new friends.

8  Thank wjlock
Reviewed 22 March 2013

It took us 2 tries just to find the place. Some directions say it's at the back of the museum, which it technically is, but it's on a steep, side street behind the museum. I think i had pictured it as part of the complex or just in the rear of a courtyard.

Once we found the place and took a seat outdoors in the shade, the owner greeted us warmly and brought our food quickly. The kebabs were quite good and as were the appetizers. This place had a mom-and-pop shop feel to it and a row of turkish ladies were looking at us from the upstairs balcony. This entertained us even though we had no idea what they were saying. We met some fellow travelers at this place as well. This place certainly deserves its place in the rankings... i just wish there was an easier way to describe its location.

7  Thank HC_LA
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Selcuk as part of a cross-Turkey journey we took during spring break. As someone who is working in Turkey, I eat a lot of Turkish food. The simple and homey fare they offer here is some of the best I've had in awhile, and an unexpected treat in such a touristy location. We liked it so much, we came here twice!

At first we were apprehensive because our hostel host brought us here without asking. He definitely had our best interests at heart, though. Mehmet and his son were extremely hospitable and welcoming. My boyfriend is a vegetarian, which can be a struggle in some parts of the country, but Mehmet had great recommendations. During our first visit, we shared some decent sarma, followed by some incredible gozleme. The nar (pomegrate) sauce tasted good on everything. My manti was tasty and fresh. We hung out for awhile afterwards talking about Turkish cay and rappers. A great meal!

6  Thank Maggie K