“Nice people, great food, fair prices: Outstanding!”

Mehmet and Ali Baba Kebab House
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Selcuk
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are Turkish family run this restaurant, 2 brothers own this place and we always try to make best Turkish food for our guest, welcome all.We have free WIFI Wireless at restaurant ( internet connection ). we have a so many vegetarian options too.We have also face page you can check Mehmet and Ali Baba kebab house
Reviewed 29 September 2014

During my two weeks stay in Selcuk I ate at least a half-dozen of times at Mehmet's and Ali's Kebab House and haven't been disapointed even once. I didn't expect very much the first time. The restaurant is quite small and rustic inside, outside one is sitting on a quiet street under a big tree, which is really cozy. At the latest after seeing the low prices, I thought the food would be accordingly. Man, was I wrong!
First you get complimentary tee and starters (bread with two dips, of which I have to figure out the recipe!). The menu isn't too big, which is very good, because what is on the menu is exceptional and there are even vegetarian dishes in it (loved the grilled vegetables!). The meat was hot and juicy (even the chicken) and perfectly spiced. I read someone complaining about the fries not being crispy. Well, they weren't standardized, ever-crispy McDonalds-fries, they were home made, in my opinion crispy enough and very tasty. I would also try some additional starters from the menu, I particularly liked the stuffed vine leaves and the "cigars".
The staff was always friendly, even when the place was crowded. They would drop by, having some chat, introducing guests to each other, which by the way led to some very nice conversations. There is also free Wi-Fi available.
After a good meal one can take a look inside Mehmet's and Ali's carpet shop. One always finds some very nice stuff to very fair prices and good consultancy. I know I did.
At this point I would also like to thank the staff for the best birthday I had in years! I'll never forget the chocolate cake surprise. I was very happy that evening!

1  Thank Taurel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

Delicious food! dessert was very good, turkish and Apple tea are free! definitely should come and enjoy the warm environment, and meet with friendly owner and staffs!

Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

The restaurant locates near Selcuk bus terminal. The owner is very friendly. The food is good. I had a fried fish which is very nice.

Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

We ate here two nights in a row. Loved the flavour of the kebabs and really loved the stuffed grape leaves. The staff members are super friendly even sitting down for a chat. Its in a nice quiet area.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

The food was good and the conversation with the owner and owner's son was pleasant. Overall a good meal here.