“Maybe it was jus a bad night”
Review of Hotel Bella

Hotel Bella
Ranked #31 of 105 Restaurants in Selcuk
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional Turkish Cuisine. Rooftop Terrace dining. Views to historic St Johns Basilica and Cistern, Selcuk Citadel and Selcuk village. Large selection of hot & cold mezze. Hot grill meat shish kebabs, fresh fish or vegetarian. Traditional desserts. Special set menu price, or individual choice selection. Full bar facilities. Extensive range of quality Turkish wines. Non alcoholic refreshments available
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was by far our least favorite meal in Turkey. Our fish was not cooked all the way through and the sides dishes were really just so so..Only one choice for desert and the night we were there it was not edible for most of our group. Hopefully we just went on a bad night because it is really a lovely place.

2  Thank ttravelerbug

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We went mainly to view the neighboring stork nests, and were fascinated by the families with young birds, but were equally impressed with this decorative roofed dining patio and excellent food.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Broad selection of mezze starters, fresh fish, chicken and meats; reasonable fixed price; attractive location overlooking St. John Basilica/Castle and level with a nest of storks for evening entertainment. Easy to watch the sun go down and spend evening on terrace, with helpful staff. Owner will take you to kitchen to explain and select food that arrives with spaced intervals so no rush.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Title sums it up. I had a well-cooked fish; my wife had lamb chops she found chewy and greasy. They served the hot meze still in aluminum foil - not a good touch.
Their two hotels are excellent; restaurant just average.
We had a better meal for half the price at Boomerang Garden Restaurant.

2  Thank chas58
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I love this hotel. I'll admit it. I stay at the Bella when I travel on my own in Turkey and when I bring groups for Turkish culinary/culltural tours. This was my fourth stay, first time in the fall. Late October, early November weather in Selcuk is lovely, the region is verdant with lot's to do, see and enjoy. I find the Bella to be one of those small, sweet hotels that are all increasingly rare and hard to find. Extraordinarily helpful owners, wonderful staff, comfortable, simple but nicely decorated rooms. And, a wonderful rooftop restaurant which I understand is being enlarged this winter during the quiet season. The Bella offers an excellent fixed price dinner with three generous portions of mezzes, grilled fish or a kebap of your choice, dessert and tea. Breakfast is a typical Turkish breakfast plus a delicious omelet or scrambled eggs if you wish. Sets you up for the day very nicely.

The Bella also has a newish 'boutique' sister hotel called the Hotel Nilya which is a few blocks away and offers a very nice accommodation as well. Bathrooms are bigger and rooms have wifi (at the Bella too).

Finally, if you are interested in Turkish tribal rugs, kilims or high quality tiles the shop within the Bella is absolutely a first rate choice. NO hard sell, extremely knowledgeable owner (Nazmi, one of the co-owners of the Bella and Nilya) and the quality-price ratio is excellent, not to mention the selection. I have had several very happy clients who have purchased rugs and tiles here. And I've bought a few as well.
affordable teasures to live with. Definitely consider the Bella. It is a genuinely convivial and very well run hotel.

1  Thank GreatDaysInParis