“Wonderful place to stay! (Visited May 2012)”
Review of Hotel Bella

Hotel Bella
Ranked #29 of 102 Restaurants in Selcuk
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional Turkish Cuisine. Rooftop Terrace dining. Views to historic St Johns Basilica and Cistern, Selcuk Citadel and Selcuk village. Large selection of hot & cold mezze. Hot grill meat shish kebabs, fresh fish or vegetarian. Traditional desserts. Special set menu price, or individual choice selection. Full bar facilities. Extensive range of quality Turkish wines. Non alcoholic refreshments available
New York, NY
“Wonderful place to stay! (Visited May 2012)”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've been meaning to write a review about this place. A group of us, around 10, stayed 2 nights. It was wonderfully located, far away from the cruise ship tourists. We had a wonderful view of St. Johns Basilica with storks' nests every where. The rooftop was simply beautiful with wonderful views. We could also easily walk into town. The food was quite good! Overall, it was a pleasant boutique hotel to stay in! The reason I only give them a 4 star - I was with some pretty tall folks and they did not find the beds terribly comfortable.

The hotel decor was simply amazing as they also sell rugs and other Turkish crafts. They offer a free run down of Turkish rugs and the different meanings of the symbols. I had some Turkish tiles made and they shipped it to me once I returned to NYC. My friends bought several rugs and it was shipped to their homes as well. We all received our merchandise in one piece.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JetSetterHobo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
“You can't beat the location and food!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I'd read good reviews for this place, both for lodging and food, but was only able to dine here. Dinner was so wonderful and an excellent value in price - 4 mezes, 2 mains for $25TL. We ordered 2 hot mezes (the eggplant/tomato and the string beans) and 2 cold (feta salad and chickpea salad). For mains, we had the lamb chops and lamb shish. Tea to finish. As it was early in the afternoon, the beautiful rooftop restaurant was empty, so we had our choice of seating. Storks' nests can easily be seen from this vantage point. The climb up to the roof allows you to admire some of the most beautiful ceramics I've seen -- tasteful, colorful tiles decorate the polished wood staircase. Just lovely. My photos can't capture its beauty, but I have no doubt that the rooms here are beautiful as well. Lovely lounge area on the opposite side of the floor. Beautiful gift shop downstairs. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tatsy74
Samos, Greece
“clean rooms and bathroom”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

was here just for a nıte.theyma de you more than well come.werry mıce staff.smıle ıs free.all the tıme ask do you need any thıng werry helpfull people.when u open ur room .smell so nıce

Visited August 2013
Lagos, Portugal
“Good food; great views”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It was time for a late lunch and we set out to look for the Bella Hotel in Selcuk. Knowing only that it was across from St. John’s Basilica, we easily found it, navigating by road signs. The folks at the front desk warmly welcomed us and directed us up the stairs to the restaurant, and though there was a sign on the door saying that they were closed for the season, the proprietor assured us they were open. Before seating us, we went to the counter where the proprietor showed us his range of mezes, and we selected several before moving to a table. As the only customers, we selected a nice table with a view; well, actually all the tables have a good view. Mezes were excellent as were the mains, meatballs for me and a chicken kabob for my wife.

If you go in spring, you may be fortunate enough to catch stork season. Just outside our window, we watched a couple of storks build their nest. The female stayed in the nest and did the detail work, while the male would fly off to gather raw materials. One hilarious exchange happened when the male was gone for about 10 minutes, only to return with one small stick. Did the female ever let him know it! She started reading him the riot act, and the male got right on the job bringing back batch after batch of sticks. We guessed that these were the old timers, because just down the hill a bit was another couple, who really didn’t seem to have the hang of nest-building. By the way, there is a terrific gift shop in the hotel that is well worth a look-see.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chipol
San Francisco, CA
“Storks, views of ruins, moussaka to die for”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a beautiful and well-run restaurant worth definitely worth paying a visit to; it will be a memorable one. Best moussaka I've ever had anywhere (I had the vegetarian option without meat; my husband had the non-veggie style and said it was the best he had ever had, having traveled for three months about Greece). The service was friendly. The views were sublime, with nests of giant storks barely out of reach, all around the upper terrace which looks over Saint John's for what amounts to an absolutely stunning and very unique view. There is good selection and everything is very freshly made and perfectly seasoned. Even if you are staying over in Kusadasi, it would be worth a visit for dinner here. And it's very reasonably priced on top of all else. It's also quite romantic once the sun goes down and the candles are lit.

• Visited August 2012