“Outstanding Troy Tour 8 day trip”
Review of Troy Tours

Troy Tours
Ranked #10 of 29 Tours in Selcuk
More attraction details
Owner description: Troy Tours, Turkey Tours Specialist, is the leading specialist tour operator to Turkey, Israel, and Nicaragua offering quality independent and escorted tours since 1991
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding Troy Tour 8 day trip”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We just returned from your 8 day tour to Turkey and loved every minute of it. We were very pleased with the hotels you selected and the itinerary of the tour. We loved all 3 of the tour guides and found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful guides. We especially loved the Turkish people, as they were extremely friendly and helpful whenever we asked for directions or information. The food and the restaurants our guides took us to were great, as well as the hotel buffet breakfasts. They had a large array of foods for anyone’s tastes and gave a good selection of Turkish dishes. We were also delighted to find only 6 people in our group, which made it like a private tour. We will definitely recommend you to all of our friends.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Pam442
Troy-LosAngeles, Public Relations Manager at Troy Tours, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent tour to Turkey with Troy Tours. I hope you travel to Turkey again and be sure let us know so we can book you on one of our tours.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ancient site of Troy”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fantastic site to visit with Turkish tour guide Cengiz who was first class, polite & very knowledgeable of this fascinating ancient place; But if traveling early in year take a warm coat as its very windy & cold

Visited February 2014
7 Thank Susan L
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“TroyTours.com Best Value for the Money- a 6 Star Rating Turkey Tour Agency !”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just got back from Turkey and Israel on Troy Tours Monthly Special 8 day 3 nights Istanbul and 3 Nights Jerusalem ! The best value for the money. Hotel is superb...Hilton in Istanbul right n the heart of Old Town...Dan Jerusalem in Israel is overlooking Mt Scopus and the View of Jerusalem near Hebrew University. Guides Sulayman and Jeremy were very knowlegable and upbeat NO DULL Moment. Make sure you book the extra Bhosphorus tours which includes cruise to the Asian side of Istanbul, Hagia Sophia and Spice Bazaar and some markets in the Asian side of Turkey. Money well spent. We went through a maze of spice, culture and arts ! Very interesting ! Email me if you have Qs, giordano26@aol.com ...Also the extra about $90 Masada and Dead Sea combo tour is well worth it. You leave 8:30Am and back around 6PM...You float in the saline water of Dead Sea, bathe in therapeutic MUD and climb the fortress of MASADA and our Driver Ash DARI even made a brief stop-over and over view of the Oldest City in the World in Jericho, down below the Mountain of Temptation ! Lots of history and Culture....All were happy and content in our group !

I AM PLANNING ON CAPPADOCIA TOUR Ismir with Troytours.com next ! Oh TURKISH AIRLINE is the #1 Airline in Europe for 3 years in a row. Excellent service, beautiful attendants very attentive with Private TV, USB Charger right in the seat and good food too with Turkish Delight ! Email me if you have Qs.

Joseph

Visited April 2014
9 Thank giordano26
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful Vacation to Turkey!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Turkey through Troy Tours. The experience was amazing--the hotels were beautiful, transportation was seemless from place to place, and our guide Mine was wonderful. We visited Kusadasi/Ephesus/Selcuk, Cappadocia, and Istanbul.

Mine was very flexible, knowledgeable, and managed the group very well. She did a great job communicating and staying on schedule, while accomodating everyone's interests.

Overall, I'd give Troy Tours 5 stars for their taste in hotels, logisitical planning, and great tour guide. Also, you could not beat the price!

The trip was a magical experience, and I look forward to booking another tour with Troy Tours someday in the future.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Lauren E
Troy-LosAngeles, Public Relations Manager at Troy Tours, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Turkey with us.
Thank you for choosing Troy Tours and trust us.
Regards, Can Cetin
Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Tour Package!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I signed up for the Monthly Special that introduces visitors to Turkey's rich culture and history. The price seemed too good to be true with one roundtrip international and two domestic flights, 2 nights each at 3 different hotels, breakfast included with all hotel stays, a lunch and a dinner, transportation and tour guide, and entrance fees to major attractions. We totally have no regrets choosing this package for our birthday trip. It was wonderful!!! Our tour guide, Mine Gezen, is the best tour guide one could ask for. She is very knowledgeable about Turkey's history and culture. Her smiling and bubbly personality kept the members of our tour group upbeat even though we have had a long day of walking and touring.

Troy Tours follows their clients' flights, so they are aware of delays and unplanned situations. Our flight from JFK was delayed for 2 hours which worried me. This implied missing our flight to Izmir. But when the plane took off, it looked like we will be landing on time. Hours later, the pilot announced an emergency landing in London's Heathrow airport due to a medical emergency. We were definitely missing our Izmir flight. I sent email to the local correspondent on the documents that Troy Tours emailed us previously. Can Cetin's reply assured that Turkish Airlines (an excellent airline, I will post a separate review) will have us covered. An internet search showed there is a flight to Izmir every hour. I breathed a sigh of relief.

In Izmir, Mine, met us in Izmir and the fun began! We were lucky to be with a fun group of people. There definitely were shared laughter, authentic Turkish dishes served, breathtaking views (including hotel room views), hilarious conversations with non-English speaking Turkish people, wallet-friendly and not so wallet-friendly shopping, and lots and lots of photo taking. We were snapping pictures like paparazzi's!!

The highlights of the tour for me was the visit to the Village of Sirince. This was not on the itinerary. But on our free morning before the flight to Kayseri, Mine brought us to the village that in the past preferred to be called "ugly village" because they did not want any outsiders coming. The village people were friendly and were always excited to have us taste their products. One store my tour buddies and I stayed long at is the Wine House near the stairs going to Saint John's Church up the hill. As soon as one reaches the last step, the store is at the right, Degirmenbogazi. I'm not a wine drinker, but I enjoyed sharing a bottle of blackberry wine with my tour buddies. The owner posed for pictures with us. Another thing that made an unforgettable impact was, Gamirasu Cave Hotel (will write a separate review). This place is amazing! It's my most favorite hotel. The staff and service is excellent. They would go out of their way to make their guests happy. I had a birthday cake waiting for me! They sang a birthday song in English and Turkish. How sweet is that!!! Finally, I enjoyed the independent trip my husband and I took with our tour buddies to Sultanahmet. A few members of our group signed up for the full day optional tour, but we decided not to. Our independent venture went well. We got on the ferry to Eminonu and from there we took the tram to Sultanahmet. There are many police/security officers to ask for directions. Sultanahmet is 3 tram stops from the Eminonu tram station.

I see that Troy Tours has a different Monthly Special on offer on its website. For those who signed up for the Turkey Tour, it's definitely worth every cent paid and more.

Visited February 2014