“Great place!”

Ranked #26 of 32 Selcuk B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here two nights so we could see Ephesus and surrounding areas during the off season. We arrived on December 8th, 2012 and left on the 10th. There were two other rooms occupied during our stay there. The staff were friendly and very helpful, they gave us info on where to eat, places to see, how to get there and got us booked on a tour to see Ephesus and surrounding areas. The room was comfortable with fresh linen, non-stop supply of hot water and great central heating! B'fast was a plate of bread, cheese, butter, honey, orange slice, olives and tomatoes. It was a great way to start our morning or touring! And the best part was the price- 27 euros for two of us for one night!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Paris Hotel ıs a great lıttle hotel conviently located ın the center of Selcuk. I stayed at this hotel for a total of 9 nights. For the amount İ paid İ had a private room with bathroom and my own balcony and a fıllıng breakfast every mornıng, The hotel was homely and İ found Turgay and his Australian wıfe Tracey and all staff to be very welcoming, friendly and helpful with any ınquiries İ had, it definitely was great value for money. Because the hotel is so central, getting around the main town is quick and easy. Also the bus station where you can catch a bus to major tourıst places ıs a street away making ıt so easy to walk to and from the hotel at all hours feelıng completely safe. After my stay at Paris Hotel İ highly reccomend anyone planning on visiting Selcuk ın the very near future to do the same.

Room Tip: When checkiıng in ask for a room that has a balcony. İt`s always great when you get back to your roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Paid around 25 Euros for one night.Hotel is an old building.The bed is too noisy and soft as it has been used for a very long time.There are no blinders on your windows to darken your room for a better sleep.Having said that, the breakfast was ok as you get an omelette that you usually not get at most hotels in Turkey.

Room Tip: See room before you book.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank CanE567

Travellers are raving about these Selcuk hotels

Istanbul
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Paris Hotel is indeed a very good budget hotel. I had a private room with a a private bath and a balcony for only 21 Euros including a decent breakfast. This hotel is in the center of the town, very close to Otogar and also 4 minutes walk to the three streets with bars and restaurants. The friendly owner, Mr.Turgay Meler, is very helpful always and is ready to help with all your car rental or other needs. I also appreciated the great service by friendly Umut Atas, who constantly offered some tea and also offered help in many other ways. They both speak English fairly well. The owners wife is an expatriate Australian lady but during my stay there I did not have a chance to meet her. The rooms have air conditioning which is temperature controlled but when I was visiting Ephesus late October 2012, I used the heater option for about an hour before I went to sleep. The equipment is silent and works very well.
You have to ask for towel and sheet changes but that did not bother me at all. The rooms are very quiet at nights and I could get sound sleep and that is what counted the most. In my room the free wireless connection was excellent so that I could use my computer whenever I wanted to. I stayed there 4 nights and was very satisfied with my hotel. By the time I left I felt that I was part of the hotel family.
I highly recommend the Paris Hotel for all those budget travellers who are not asking for luxury or frills. The cost/value relationship offered by this hotel is outstanding.

Room Tip: If you can get one, choose a room with a balcony facing the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank enigma2007
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We only had a short stay here but after we had already checked out and completed our day tour the lovely Australian lady who owned it was very kind to let us use one of the rooms showers and towels whilst letting us dry washing and keep our bags safe. This was greatly appreciated before an overnight bus. Very easy close location to bus station also. Would come stay here again its basic but all you need.

• Stayed September 2012
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Had a very nice experience in this hotel ! Very well located and really cheap.
The staff is really nice too (they send me back to France my phone, as I forgot it there).
If you want to stay in Selçuk (such a beautiful place), I would recommend staying at this hotel !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I went there in summer 2012. I was suppose to stay there 5 nights. But at the third night, a member of the staff came into my room at night around 11 o'clock. He didn't knock at my door. I was very scared. When I asked him what is he doing in my room at this time, he said that he wanted to bring me my laudry! The next morning, I left the hôtel and I took my laundry. Finally, a nice turkish men helped me and came with me to the hôtel to speak to the owner and the member of the staff ou did that bad thing to me. The owner apologized and the member of the staff too. I travelled a lot since many years and nothing like this never happend to me before. Like we say in french: "Tout est bien qui finit bien". Caroline from Quebec, Canada

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo