“An Excellent Tour!”

Private Tour: Ephesus Day Trip
Ranked #3 of 29 Tours in Selcuk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a private tours/shore excursions/travel services provider for Ephesus and many other destinations in Turkey. About Ephesus and our other services are maintained by Ounce Tourism which is a registered business and licensed Travel Agent by TURSAB in Turkey.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I had a private tour, just the two of us, with our guide Yalcin, and our driver Yildirim. We were promptly met at the cruise port of Kusadasi. Yalcin was very well informed and we learned a great deal from him about the religious history of the House of the virgin Mary and the ancient city of Ephesus. It was awe-inspiring to see the stadium where St. Paul preached to the crowds. We also saw the Temple of Artemis. There was a steady rainstorm on the day of our tour and we were grateful for the umbrellas that Yidirim the driver had for our use. We received a bag of lovely souvenirs and literature about Turkey. Included was lunch at a cultural center, which we enjoyed with our guide. We saw the rugs being woven by women who attend a training program in order to return to their villages to engage in their industry. We saw the silk worms and how the silk is extracted in order to weave the rugs, and we learned that the design of the rugs reflects the region the women live in who weave the rugs. The day we spent in the Ephesus region was well worth the cost.
In planning the tour, my email correspondences with About Ephesus Tours were always promptly and politely answered. Also, the payment for the tour did not have to be paid until the day of the tour at its completion, which we greatly appreciated.

1  Thank MaryM94

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived in Kushadasi, Turkey by cruise ship on May 9. I booked this tour via email several months in advance and made a modest deposit via Paypal. I booked two tours with About Ephesus (Osman Turism) for both Kushadasi and Istanbul and received a better value than what was being offered by the cruise ship. We were greeted at the port at 7:30 am by our driver and our guide, Gonca / aka "Rose". We set out in a large and very comfortable van for an all day sightseeing tour. Rose is from the region and has a good knowledge of the area. Her English was easy to understand and we found her very personable. There were four individuals in our group with varying activity levels. Rose made every effort to accommodate any special requests that came along throughout the day. She provided us with coins for the restrooms and offered water on several occasions. We had no trouble keeping up with her or hearing what she had to say at the sights.

Our first stop was the Virgin Mary House. We arrived ahead of other tour groups and were the first visitors in the shrine. There was plenty of time for photographs and shopping. Afterward, we proceeded to Ephesus where we saw the library, terrace houses, and the coliseum. We also made a stop at the Temple of Artemis. Since we arrived early in the season, the crowds were very light; and we stayed ahead of schedule.

The tour included lunch which took place at a farm where they make Turkish carpet. We watched a very interesting demonstration of how the silk is obtained from the silkworm, dyed, spun, woven, and transformed into a rug. I was mesmerized. We were offered tea, shown the final carpet result; and there was no pressure to buy. The rugs were amazing.

We had a several course lunch in an outdoor picnic area that consisted of a variety of Turkish foods. The owner said he liked us so he included our drinks. There were no other tour groups around and it was a very relaxing afternoon.

On the way back, Rose presented the ladies with a little gift bag to remember our trip. We concluded our day at the "fake Grand Bazaar" near the cruise ship. We arrived back in plenty of time to make our 5:30 departure.

1  Thank NLKelly
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I booked About Ephesus (www.aboutephesus.com) for a private tour of Ephesus on
May 10, 2014. We chose this tour because of the many high recommendations here on tripadvisor. Serhat Top and his driver picked us up from our cruise
ship and gave us an excellent tour of the ruins of Ephesus and Artemis
Temple. Mr Serhat was an excellent guide, great English, very knowledgeable and
personable. Don't miss the Terrace Houses; they are the most
spectacular part of Ephesus. It seems that a part of every tour
involves a trip to the carpet factory. We had heard about the long,
high pressure presentations, so we asked Mr. Serhat to make sure we
had a quick, low-pressure presentation. He made sure we had a very
interesting quick tour with no pressure. We highly recommend About
Ephesus and Mr. Serhat.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I went on a tour of Ephesus (including the Terrace Houses and House of the Virgin Mary) on 18 May 2014. We were on an Athens to Istanbul cruise and only had one day to explore the region. Our tour guide, Feliz, with Osman Turizm, was amazing! She was the best tour guide we've ever had and we have traveled extensively. She kept us moving, was somehow able to avoid lines and crowds, and kept the attention of my husband the entire time (NOT a fan of tours, history, Biblical study, etc.). I highly recommend this excursion!

1  Thank Robin R
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was worried about booking something across the country online, but it turned out great! Our guide, deniz, was right there waiting for us! He had a wonderful sense of humor and was very knowledgable! The vehicle was clean and the driver was good! The lunch they provide is small and fair tasting! That is my only negative, the rest was wonderful! I would highly recommend them again and I would also highly recommend Deniz. He helped make the day very enjoyable! The gift bag they gave us was also full of great little keepsakes and was a nice touch to the tour! It was a great value for the money!