Urkmez Hotel
Anz Guesthouse(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$20
Saint John Hotel(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
Wallabies Aquaduct Hotel(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$24
Hotels.com
Hotel Kalehan(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
Boomerang Guesthouse Ephesus(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$11
US$90
US$87
Homeros Pension & Guesthouse(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$26
US$143
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$91
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I came to Selçuk after an awesome stay in Cappadocia. Didn't really expect anything to match up to Goreme. But Selçuk main square is beautiful. I stayed at Urkmez Hotel and was warmly welcomed by Jimmy and Ozi (Oguzhan Ozan). The best thing about the hotel is that it's 1 min walk from the train station, 2-3 mins from the bus station and sits right in the middle of the most amazing local street that comes to life in evenings. It has a beautiful terrace where they serve breakfast and best place to sit and watch the sunset over the castle. You can almost get a birds eye view of the town. I would recommend this hotel and would hope to come back some day soon again. Thanks Jimmy and Ozi for making my stay most memorable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank khush i
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Coming off our stay at the large and bustling Istanbul Hilton Bosphorus we were thrilled to find this quiet little gem. It's hard to find a proprietor more interested in making sure you were taken care of. Jimmy and his young son Oke, and their entire staff for that matter, really went above and beyond in helping us enjoy this wonderful town.

We were initially concerned about the location, however the Inn is directly across the street from the Temple of Artemis ruin, and a short 10 minute drive to Ephesus. The Selçuk town center was a lovely way to spend the evening and enjoy dinner and is only a 5 minute drive which was provided complimentary for our family of five by Jimmy.

We would certainly recommend this hotel to any family looking for clean comfortable accommodations in warm and authentic surroundings.

Room Tip: Hotel will provide laundry service at a reasonable rate. For our family of five we reserved the two upstairs rooms - the family suite and the king suite - which worked out nicely. Rooms are air conditioned and have electric black out shades to block the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This quaint hotel is only two blocks walk from the tram station out of Izmir. Jimi, the owner, went out of his way to make my stay comfortable, connected me to a local tour guide and helped me mail packages home through the Turkish Post Office. He quickly responded when there was a problem with the air conditioner in my room.

My twin room was clean- but I spent most of my time relaxing on the balcony overlooking the street cafes below. The hum of tourists dining, locals singing and music from one cafe brought a restful sense after a busy touring day. At times, I went down to join the liveliness; otherwise, I read a book, emailed family back home or just took in the sights and sounds of a quaint Turkish town.

One important fact for some travelers, is there is no elevator. My room was three flights up a narrow winding staircase-- but not narrow enough to trigger my claustrophobia. The staff carried my luggage up and down, thank goodness!

The Bascilia of St John is just a few blocks away. It was a pleasant walk through a nice neighborhood of eateries and shops. The hotel's rooftop terrace provided seating overlooking the Fortress... what a great place to begin the day with the breakfast that is provided.

I have seen some remarks about small bathrooms for this hotel. I found my bathroom adequate for my needs. I have no complaints about this facility or Jimi. A wonderful experience that I hope to repeat on my next trip to Selcuk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Deanna W
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a small, four-room hotel in a quiet yet very conveniently located area of Selcuk. The town centre as well as all main sights are in easy walking distance, and even Ephesus can be reached on foot in half an hour or so, although we did it by car. The hotel is thus quiet yet at the same time you can get to all restaurants easily. The rooms are well-appointed, although they look bigger on the pictures than they actually are, and bathrooms are small. Nonetheless, there is enough space to stay comfortably. Much has been written about the owner Cuneyt, and he and his wife and son were indeed marvellous hosts. Breakfast was good, too. And Selcuk is a wonderful little town which has not yet been completely taken over by tourists.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We chose this wonderful small boutique hotel because of it’s high reviews here as well as it’s location.
We rented a car at Izmir airport and it was an easy 45 minute drive (with our GPS directions).

Our goal was to spend one day seeing Ephesus, Sirince and the local sights in Selcuk and for our second full day to take a day trip out to Bodrum.
We found Selcuk to be a good location for these purposes.
And we found the owner/manager, Cüneyt to be a wonderful, friendly and helpful host at this charming hotel.
He spoke English very well and was a wealth of information and advice.
Before arriving in Turkey he was always quick to respond to all my emails and questions.

We stayed 3 nights in the King Suite and we were pleased with everything about it.
The room size was very spacious. There was free, fast wi-fi, a small refrigerator, tea and teapot, and 2 bottles of water were provided daily.
The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and pillows (and extra blankets and pillows as well).

The bathroom was nice with a good shower, plenty of hot water and good water pressure.
However, it was on the small side with not a lot of shelf space for toiletries but there was a dressing table and mirror in the room so it made for a decent space for me to do hair and makeup.
The second story room had French doors that opened out onto a lovely west facing view and you could see Isabey Mosque (and of course hear the compelling call to prayer).

All of the windows had electrically operated shutters so that you could darken the room nicely and of course it helped keep out any noise.

A well-prepared, typical Turkish breakfast was included and served in the lobby/dining area.
Each day the selection was a bit different but usually included staples such as olives, cheeses, salads, breads, fruits, pastries, yogurts, coffee and juices. Eggs were made to order. Delicious!

The location was great, on a quiet street just a few minutes walk from St. John’s Basilica and the Ayasuluk Fortress.
It’s walking distance to town (about 0.3 miles) with shops and restaurants (although there is a substantial hill between you and town).
Ephesus is just a short 2 miles away.

I’d also recommend visiting the charming town of Sirince, about 5 miles east of Selcuk (but the drive is on a windy road over a small mountain so the drive takes about 20 minutes.) Well worth it if you have the time.

I think this is THE place to stay when visiting Ephesus! Such a delightful atmosphere with a helpful and hospitable staff.
You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple