“Oh how clean you will feel”

Ranked #40 of 57 things to do in Selcuk
More attraction details
Owner description: In a building dating back to 16th century, this museum shows what Turkish life was like at the hamam or bath.
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This p,ace I can highly recommend to go after a big day. Have dinner and go to the bathhouse. Where your swimmers. You will feel totally clean relaxed and you will go back to hotel and sleep like a baby

3  Thank Kylee M

Reviewed 22 February 2013

While I'd had plenty of massages and visited baths elsewhere, I had my first tradition turkish scrub and massage in Selcuk. It was great. After the soapy massage, I had an oil massage for just 15 TL more. All the attendants were male and I felt kneaded as never before. The building itself is the traditional dome with light holes.

3  Thank Beverly J
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was my first experience in a hamam, so I had to be guided by the non-English speaking locals. I also chose to go at the women-only time, which is Friday afternoons. I enjoyed the lack of body consciousness, the sense of camaraderie between the locals. I was rubbed with a loofah (do i have any skin left?), soaped, then a quick massage. The women were settled in for the afternoon and were shocked at my leaving after only an hour, encouraging me to stay longer.

It was a great experience, totally non-touristy, a real taste of Turkish life. I could see it becomng a regular event if one lived in Selcuk. Try to allow time in your touring for a visit to this Turkish bath.

3  Thank HelenRose
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The turkish bath was great and does give a better longer lasting tan.
However paid the extra to have a full body massage afterwards which was awkward and uncomfortable as it was done by an elderly gentleman who repeatadly kept massaging my groin.
It was not in the slightest relaxing! My partner also had a full body massage which he said wasnt anything like mine.

2  Thank Natalie M
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We went to the Hammam knowing it was mixed. It was a bit seedy looking, but we did realize how old it was. Despite being mixed, the staff were all male. My husband and I both wore bathing suits. The exfoliation, scrub and rinse all went as I thought they would. I opted for the oil massage and he had me roll my bathing suit down to my hips and lie face down on the table. The massage was good, sometimes painful and almost like a chiropractic visit. He insisted I keep the bathing suit rolled down when I turned over onto my back. I was kind of uncomfortable, as he did include my chest in the massage.

3  Thank summersky