We loved absolutely everything about the Homeros Guesthouse!
The moment my family of six arrived, we were graciously welcomed into the dining room and offered tea and coffee. Shesiye then brought us olive oil, honey, butter and all the necessary utensils so we could have a little picnic lunch before setting out for the afternoon. She also invited us to have dinner at the hotel, and it was honestly one of the best, and most filling, meals we had in Turkey. Everything was homemade, fresh and delicious, and she even took extra care to prepare a special vegan meal for my brother! The breakfast the following morning was equally delicious. Tons of fresh fruit, eggs, bread, pomegranate jam, cheese, yogurt, and many cups of coffee. Shesiye even gave us extra oranges to pack for our lunch!
Our hosts further went above and beyond by offering to drive us to the top of Ephesus (so we could get an early start and avoid some of the crowds!), and even arranged two cars to fit all six of us. Dervis was funny and helpful along the way and really made us all feel at home.
The 3 rooms we stayed in were beautifully and uniquely decorated. The beds were super comfortable, and the rooms had everything one might need including warm blankets, shampoo, wifi etc. etc. My sister loved the decorations so much that she bought the ceramic coasters right off the mantle!
Our only regret was just spending one night in Selcuk. We hope very much to be able to go back to Homeros Guesthouse again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1991 a popular place with travelers, run by Dervis with the help of his mother (she cooks great meals) and his sister Oya. The roof terrace gives a splendid 360" view over the old part of Selcuk town, with many antique sites a stone's throw away. Guest rooms are divided over 2 buildings (across the street) and are uniquely decorated with local antiques. Most rooms have en-suite bathroom and aircon. Free: transportation to Ephesus, use of internet (wireless), bicycle use. Every evening before dinner wine is served on the roof terrace to make the beautiful sunset even more enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Homeros Pension & Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homeros Pension And Guesthouse
- Homeros Pension & Guesthouse Hotel Selcuk
- Homeros Pension & Guesthouse Turkey/Izmir Province