“Wonderful welcoming Homeros guesthouse!”

and 1 more site!
Homeros Pension & Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 32 Selcuk B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful welcoming Homeros guesthouse!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are looking for a warm, homey, authentic Turkish guesthouse in Selcuk with a fabulous location (Ephasus is easily walkable), great views from the rooftop terrace, very good and ample breakfasts and wonderful, helpful hosts, then Homeros is the place for you. Our family of 4 really enjoyed our stay and Dervis and Shaziai went the extra mile in helping to organize side trips, and even breakfast to go when we left early our last day. We also had some of our best dinners there - consummate hosts! As a family it was great to get all of us in 1 room, very good value that we aren't always able to get. Selcuk is also a great town - we were so glad we'd chosen to stay there rather than the more touristy/cruise ship destination of Kudusai. Very warm memories of our stay all in all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula3-2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay in Selcuk. Close to the action but very quiet area. Wonderful, lively, friendly hosts. Good rooms, great breakfasts, wonderful little homely terrace areas for reading or eating. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay while visiting Efes. You can appreciate authentic decoration all around the pension. We would definitely stay again at this place in our future visits to Selçuc. Tip: don't miss the view from the terrace, you can see the ruins of the temple of Artemis from the top.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived at Homeros Pension dripping wet due to rain. Saziye placed my sopping clothes near the wood stove to dry, and then offered me tea. I felt welcome immediately. I was then shown to a delightful room with en suite bathroom and heat. It was so cozy and inviting that I ended up extending my stay. Breakfast was delicious - copious amounts of fruit, and bottomless coffee. I had such a positive experience at Homeros that I decided to return a week later. I enjoyed reading on the rooftop terrace, wandering through town, and exploring the country side. Definitely the highlight of my fantastic trip to Turkey.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sarailyse
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was the best hotel/guesthouse that we stayed in during our whole trip! The owners were so lovely and welcoming - they cooked us dinner one night and took us out to a great restaurant the other night we were there. The room was decorated in a warm, creative way with antiques and lots of Turkish textiles; it was perfect! Plus, in the other building there was a rooftop terrace where it was nice to sunbathe or just look out over the city. We met some other guests who stay at Homeros all the time, so I think that's a testament to how great this guesthouse is! Selçuk was also one of our favorite towns - some sights to see nearby (Ephesus especially), with a relaxed smaller-town feel. We were lucky enough to spend two nights here...HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Your guesthouse is very beautifull & creative,and local features,this is my favorite hotel in Turkey. hope you can like my small gift,this is my special select before trip to Turkey,
and only give to my dear,hope you can remeber us when you see these gift,
If you can hang the keylock in your guesthouse,I will be very honored,
if yes,pls take phote and send to me,I will save this momory,
time is so short,if any chance in Selcuk in the furture,I will always select your house,
and I will aslo introduce your home to our friends if they are intrest in Turkey,
thank in advance,by the way,you are so pretty,I am regret missing phote with you!5555555555

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We arrived after a long bus trip to be greeted by our host Dervis. What a lovely person! He greeted us with wine to warm our bones and then drove us to friends of his. His friends are Turkish "gypsies" and we got to spend a few hours in their home, with them and their children. I was taught how to make the perfect Turkish coffee and Turkish apple tea! What a treat! After which we spent a night at Homeros. A warm and cozy room with amazing appeal. A real taste of Turkish tradition, with welcoming touches. The next morning we were spoiled with a great breakfast, made with only the finest local ingredients. We truly felt part of the family and it was an honour meeting the owners of Homeros. The only regret is that we only spent one night there! An absolute must for anyone in the Selcuk/Ephesus area. Dervis and staff - we will see you again soon! :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple