Found a lot of kindness as the main point of difference from other places I have stayed. Ever present and helpful there was a cup of tea or coffee when ever I went to the lower Terrace. Perfect for enjoying a glass of wine while the sun set, it was easy to feel at home, improve my Turkish, catch up on Internet time and relax.
The rooms are a little tight by Aussie standards, but the decor very local and interesting to check out up close.
I came and went a number of times, and one night enjoyed the dinner experience which was excellent value for money, filling and tasty. My own meal to better this one cost 120 TL per person!
In the end it is the personalities that make the place - I had the chance to speak with Dervis for some time after dinner and appreciate the genuine attitude to hospitality, the challenges marketing and the high commissions that he pays when people do not book direct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1991 a popular place with travelers, run by Dervis with the help of his mother (she cooks great meals) and his sister Shaziye . The roof terrace gives a splendid 360" view over the old part of Selcuk town, with many antique sites a stone's throw away. Guest rooms are divided over 2 buildings (across the street) and are uniquely decorated with local antiques. Most rooms have en-suite bathroom and aircon. we organise transportation to Ephesus,free use of internet (wireless), bicycle available to use. we have one of most beautiful panoramic view and unforgetable sunset , Every evening before dinner wine is served on the roof terrace to make the beautiful sunset even more enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Homeros Pension & Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homeros Pension And Guesthouse
- Homeros Pension & Guesthouse Hotel Selcuk
- Homeros Pension & Guesthouse Turkey/Izmir Province