Homeros Pension & Guesthouse
US$125
US$93
Travelocity
Richmond Ephesus Resort(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$51
Nur Pension(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
US$22
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestsrooftop terraceturkeythe ownerfamily atmosphereturkish homethe bushis motherother travelersturkish stylewatch the sunsetnearby ephesusbreakfast and dinnerfresh fruitturkish carpetsfamily runguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked through the door, I was home. Dervish and everyone who worked here were some of the kindest people I met in Turkey - always open to having a conversation and ready to help you find the best way to see all the sights. Dinner and breakfast were great - Dervish's sister cooks delicious food and you get to sit around with the fresh wind blowing and hear about everyone's travelling stories. But perhaps my favorite part is the bedrooms. Each has it's own beautiful touch, but they are like returning to your own bedroom in Turkey. It is not staying in a hotel - it is returning home. This is a great place to stay and I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I felt like I knew Dervis before we had even met! From booking the room to promptly answering all of my email questions, he was incredibly helpful and provided us with great information that made our first visit to Turkey go smoothly. When we arrived, Saziye greeted us warmly, showed us to our comfortable and cozy room, and told us when dinner would be served. Definitely opt to eat dinner at the pension because Saziye is an excellent cook! She served us an amazing meal with so much food that we couldn't even finish it. We asked to eat dinner again at the pension on our second night there, and initially, Saziye said that she wasn't sure if she was going to cook that night since there might not be any other guests for dinner, but she would know for sure by the time we returned from our tour at Ephesus. We didn't want her to go to the trouble, so we said that we'd just eat in town. But when we got back, she told us she'd already started cooking and told us when to be ready to eat. She made the meal just for us, and it was again excellent.

Although the room we stayed in wasn't large, there are so many common areas for the guest that we hardly noticed. We loved relaxing on the rooftop terrace and talking with the other guests. We arranged to have our laundry done, and they did it and folded it for an extremely reasonable price. Saziye helped us out with tips about the farmers' market and how to take the bus to our next destination.

Selcuk was one of the nicest places we visited in Turkey, and Homeros Pension was a truly memorable place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor of the building across the road from the main building. The room was quiet, and the A/C worked well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Homero's is just delightful - I loved everything so much I stayed there twice!

* the family atmosphere makes Homero's a super friendly "home away from home" (Dervis, Saziye, Barbora & co were amazing - such fun, enthusiastic people and so welcoming!). As a solo traveller I really appreciated their kindness.

* the rooms are really funky and unique - each decked out with beautiful carpets, kilims, furniture and decorations (Dervis let me look at some of the other bedrooms when they were empty and they are all lovely!).

* the terrace dining area is a treat for the eyes and a gorgeous place to hang out and meet other guests. The rooftop terrace is a great place for drinks at sunset as it has magnificent views all the way to the sea.

* the food is delicious - breakfast is yummy, with different fresh fruit everyday, as well as the traditional Turkish fare of tomatoes, olives, cheese, yogurt, eggs etc. I highly recommend Homero's dinner too - it's cheap, with lots of scrumptious food, which changes every night. Wine, beer etc available too. There was always a really fun and lively atmosphere at dinner, too.

* other good things - excellent location (I walked 5 mins to and from the bus station) close to the town centre, nice and clean, laundry service available, good wifi and you can ask Homero's for travel advice and they'll happily book tours, buses etc for you.

I cannot recommend Homero's highly enough - I've travelled to many places around the world and this is one of the loveliest and friendliest places I've ever stayed in! I had a fantastic time in Selcuk and I'm sure I'll be back - thank you so much to the Homero's family for making me feel so welcome, you guys are awesome!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Saziye welcomed in the morning and gave me some fruits and a cup of apple tea as welcoming drink and food. This was so nice for a person who just took 2 flights and 1 bus ride for a total of 17 hours travel.

My room was tiny but comfy. The staff cleaned it every day.

Great location. Helpful staff.

Dervis was nice and interesting.

The dinner was great. I tried twice. The price was reasonable also. So is the breakfast (even better as it's included in the room fee)

Anyway a good place to stay like home. :) would recommend it

另外 之前看过背包客栈的po文让我很紧张 但是这两天内作为单身女子独行的我似乎并没有遇到骚扰事件 老板只是喜欢开玩笑但完全没有动手动脚 而且也不过火

虽然听说晚餐有个侍者会专门和单身女子搭话但可能因为我两天都和别人坐在一桌完全没感受到这个问题

因此无法评价这方面 请自行决定

但是如果是两个人或以上或者单身男性还是推荐

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sissi C
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I love everything. I do mean what I wrote. The room is really beautiful. The Dervis family is really good. They offered the best Turkish dishes I have ever tried. I really enjoyed my talk with everyone. We talked for hours exchanging views of my experience in Turkey and their experience in Thailand. They made Selcuk my favorite town in my Europe trip. I am going back to Turkey soon in a few years and will definitely return to see them. Oh man I really miss everything.

• Stayed: July 2014