“Best food we had in Turkey”

Bizim Ev Hanimeli Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Selcuk
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio
“Best food we had in Turkey”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My dad and I traveled to Turkey July 2014. We stayed and ate at some of the best places throughout Turkey. The food we had here was the best food we had, even compared to the 5 star restaurants we had been dining at. We bought two cookbooks and once we got to our hotel we regretted not eating more while we were there :)
Great people. Great good.
Highly recommend a visit for anyone who visits the area.
Will be posting a picture of the owner and I with her cookbook.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank TravelingTXlatina

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
“Just have to have the cookbook”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were taken by our tour guide to Bizim Ev. We were pleasantly surprised. Not only was the buffet interesting and delicious but the variety of dishes provided us with so many tastes we had to order the cookbook. The various dishes using eggplant and other vegetables had us going back for more. The family was very accommodating and made special dishes for our grandchildren. A must stop for those wanting to experience home cooked Turkish food.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarasotaretired
Orange County, USA
“Fabulous country meal”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We visited during a tour of Ephesus. Wonderfully simple but comfortable setting and the food was great. All fresh and well presented in a buffet style.

West Orange, New Jersey
“Good food. Lots of vegetarian choices ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Our tour guide took us there after a tour of Ephesus and the Virgin Mary home. Very nice surprise. Buffet had lots of choices. Vegetables including baby okra and fried zucchini flowers were very good. Homemade lemonade was excellent Shady location and traditional Turkish folk dancing made it memorable

Sacramento, California
“Fabulous way to try all the Turkish specialties!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were taken to this hospitable restaurant by our tour leader on a day trip to Ephesus. So, I can't comment on some aspects of it, such as reservations and price. But the experience is great. A huge choice of items are available on the buffet. All are explained and you can try as many as you like. We were seated on an outside patio which was very pleasant. I did not buy the cookbook (My Mother's Kitchen) while I was there, but realized when I got home that there was no better way to get basic recipes for all the delicious cuisine I sampled in Turkey, so I sent for it after I got home. I am very glad I did. It is easy to follow and even includes suggestions of where to get the ingredients in the U.S.

• Visited May 2014