“Good short stay for Ephesus”
Review of Artemis Hotel

Artemis Hotel
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Very good location and friendly staff. Room (double) was basic and showers a bit weak but more than good enough for just the one night. Unfortunately the room was not that sound proof enough to block out the 5:30am call to prayer. Another downside was the breakfast which was mostly gone by 9:15 but still got exactly what we wanted from this reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex K

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel is in a central location close to the bus and train stations. Restaurants, supermarket etc all close by too. The double room on the second floor was clean and comfortable. The air con worked well. The staff were very friendly and helped in the booking of Ephesus tour, Samos and other activities. Breakfast is included. This hotel is good value for money.

2  Thank KatlesAUS
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed in a double room and it was really clean and comfortable. The shower was huge and the air-con worked perfectly. They also did a huge load of washing for us. The hotel doesn't have a elevator so make sure you like stairs.

The breakfast was awesome, with yogurt, fruits, cereal, spreads and Turkish tea!

The owner and his wife were so helpful! They picked us up, gave us heaps of advice and helped us book all of our tours! Not only did they help book tours in selcuk they helped with our tour to Gallipoli and then Istanbul! So helpful!

2  Thank Katemccarthy23
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

All of the staff here made me feel so welcomed! After a long overnight bus they directed me to the hotel, and helped me sort out all of my tours. Actually, that evening when I needed to go to a pharmacy, the manager said the closest ones were closed so he personally took me on his moto to another one to help me get what I needed. Like all Turkish people, these guys are so hospitable, respectful, friendly, and warm! Definitely go visit them, and Definitely a good value too! :)

1  Thank Jaron R
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Even though this Hotel was in a good location in Selcuk, it was lacking a few basic comforts. Firstly, our room was on the 4th floor, no elevators. We requested a double and got a twin room, and we were told nothing else was available. The showers were cold...unless you got up at 5am. Basically, it was an average backpackers type. The 2 rating is for the guy at the counter, Tom, he was really cheerful, helpful and a bit of a larrikin. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erich E
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I spent 2 days in the Artemıs Hotel and all I have are really good words for the hotel itself and specially the staff who runs it. Ever since I got there, they did their best to make me feel confortable, as it I was at home, and helped me with all the questions I had concerning the logistics of my trip, such as transportations, accommodatıons and activities. It's located in the center of Selçuk, really close from the train and bus stations, and steps away from the restaurants, grocery stores,... everything is within a walking distance. Nice place for visiting Ephesus and Saint John's basilica. I found it at really good price, considering the cleanliness and the quality of the rooms and especially the great breakfast they serve every morning which is included in the price. I would definitely come back if needed.

Room Tip: The rooftop is a nice place to enjoy the sunset.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Araiztegi
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed in the four bed 'dorm' room, was clean, comfortable bunk beds and had spacious en-suite.Good place to visit Ephesus from. Didn't seem to be the busiest place, but was a decent price and was closely located to restaurants, the bus station etc. The owner even met us at the bus station and showed us the way. Wasn't spectacular but was a comfortable stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends