Stayed here for October half term and had a brilliant holiday.
Our first visit to Turkey, so we were a little nervous, but it was very quickly apparent that there was no need!
The hotel is really lovely. Beautiful grounds, right on the beach, spotless rooms, facilities and public areas in general (I have never seen so many staff employed just to keep the place clean!). All the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
We stayed in a family suite, overlooking the garden (aka a piece of "natural" land next to the hotel - which actually turned out to be interesting, with visits from storks, birds of prey, a horse and also turtles in the river!). It was a two-room suite, separated by sliding doors, one a double room, the other a single bed and sofa, with TVs in both rooms, plus storage for clothes, etc. We also had a balcony but didn't really use it. Spotlessly clean, well laid out and pleasant, the rooms were lovely. I found the bed much too firm for comfort, but my husband liked it.
The pool areas were fabulous. Plenty of sunbeds around all the pools, some with sunshades over. Pool bars serve food and drink (all inclusive) but ice creams were extra. There were free ice cream cones available outside the restaurant just after lunch each day, so you could get your fix then if you didn't want to pay!
Downside of this time of year...the water in the pools was freezing cold! My son is a competitive swimmer and we normally cannot get him out of the water, but after his first swim, even he decided it was too cold to go in again. There is an indoor pool but this was full of younger families, understandably.
The waterpark was fantastic. Wide range of rides to suit all ages and fear levels, ranging from a beach style pool with lapping water, occasional waves and a lazy river, to a children's park, through to various grades of thrill rides. Just brilliant! Many of them you use single or double rings to go down in them, so can avoid full body immersion at the end (in the oh so cold water), otherwise you just grin and bear it! Height restrictions on the bigger rides (think 120cm?) and, on the biggest ride there was a combined weight minimum, so often smaller children weren't able to go on it.
Lockers were available (charged to room card but reimbursed on return of key), so this helped with leaving valuables whilst we had fun!
The sad part about the aquapark was that it normally closes at 6pm but the first day we were there, the time changed to 5pm then a couple of days later it changed to 3pm. Ridiculous as it left you at a loose end, watching an empty waterpark! With the season ending at the end of October, it seemed mad not to keep it running till at least 5pm up to the end.
Food was good, with an incredible choice in the main restaurant every meal. There are several a la carte restaurants too (Chinese, Italian, Turkish and a steak house), and one free meal there is included as part of your package (you can pay for any additional ones). We opted for an Italian meal there on our last night. Big mistake! Menu was extremely limited, at 8pm they had run out of one of the main courses (lasagne) and the guy serving looked like he wanted to go home (the only miserable staff member we saw all holiday). I had the last serving of beef lasagne...awful. Spot the beef! Yet earlier in the holiday, on the Italian night in the main restaurant, the lasagne had been lovely. Desserts were unimaginative and disappointing. We ended up wishing we had stayed in the main restaurant. Friends we met there, on the other hand, went to the Chinese restaurant and had a fantastic meal, with a massive bottle of wine. Know what to do next time...!
The hotel is right on the beach. Dark sand but all very clean with plenty of sunbeds and watersports (extra cost).
There were activities going on every day at the hotel, but we didn't feel like participating in them. Our 12yr old son only wanted to go to the air rifle one but was disappointed to find it was for 16+ only.
A real must is a visit to the spa for a Hamam (Turkish bath), which was divine! Lovely ladies from Bali exfoliate and wash your skin in a traditional manner and the three of us were able to go in together. We followed this by massages, which were wonderful. Not to be missed!
We went to the Turkish night and saw some lovely local dancing, then watched the belly dancer.
The only trip we went on was to Ephesus, which was fantastic. Really interesting and enjoyable. Stopped off at a Turkish ceramic place on the way back, which was lovely too.
Transfers from the airport were long (two hours), tiring after a four hour flight, but they stopped at lovely places for a comfort break both ways.
All in all a great holiday, really enjoyed by us all. Definitely want to go back!
Thanks to the AquaFantasy Hotel staff for looking after us so well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk
- Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA Turkey/Izmir Province