“Great holiday!”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for October half term and had a brilliant holiday.

Our first visit to Turkey, so we were a little nervous, but it was very quickly apparent that there was no need!

The hotel is really lovely. Beautiful grounds, right on the beach, spotless rooms, facilities and public areas in general (I have never seen so many staff employed just to keep the place clean!). All the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

We stayed in a family suite, overlooking the garden (aka a piece of "natural" land next to the hotel - which actually turned out to be interesting, with visits from storks, birds of prey, a horse and also turtles in the river!). It was a two-room suite, separated by sliding doors, one a double room, the other a single bed and sofa, with TVs in both rooms, plus storage for clothes, etc. We also had a balcony but didn't really use it. Spotlessly clean, well laid out and pleasant, the rooms were lovely. I found the bed much too firm for comfort, but my husband liked it.

The pool areas were fabulous. Plenty of sunbeds around all the pools, some with sunshades over. Pool bars serve food and drink (all inclusive) but ice creams were extra. There were free ice cream cones available outside the restaurant just after lunch each day, so you could get your fix then if you didn't want to pay!

Downside of this time of year...the water in the pools was freezing cold! My son is a competitive swimmer and we normally cannot get him out of the water, but after his first swim, even he decided it was too cold to go in again. There is an indoor pool but this was full of younger families, understandably.

The waterpark was fantastic. Wide range of rides to suit all ages and fear levels, ranging from a beach style pool with lapping water, occasional waves and a lazy river, to a children's park, through to various grades of thrill rides. Just brilliant! Many of them you use single or double rings to go down in them, so can avoid full body immersion at the end (in the oh so cold water), otherwise you just grin and bear it! Height restrictions on the bigger rides (think 120cm?) and, on the biggest ride there was a combined weight minimum, so often smaller children weren't able to go on it.

Lockers were available (charged to room card but reimbursed on return of key), so this helped with leaving valuables whilst we had fun!

The sad part about the aquapark was that it normally closes at 6pm but the first day we were there, the time changed to 5pm then a couple of days later it changed to 3pm. Ridiculous as it left you at a loose end, watching an empty waterpark! With the season ending at the end of October, it seemed mad not to keep it running till at least 5pm up to the end.

Food was good, with an incredible choice in the main restaurant every meal. There are several a la carte restaurants too (Chinese, Italian, Turkish and a steak house), and one free meal there is included as part of your package (you can pay for any additional ones). We opted for an Italian meal there on our last night. Big mistake! Menu was extremely limited, at 8pm they had run out of one of the main courses (lasagne) and the guy serving looked like he wanted to go home (the only miserable staff member we saw all holiday). I had the last serving of beef lasagne...awful. Spot the beef! Yet earlier in the holiday, on the Italian night in the main restaurant, the lasagne had been lovely. Desserts were unimaginative and disappointing. We ended up wishing we had stayed in the main restaurant. Friends we met there, on the other hand, went to the Chinese restaurant and had a fantastic meal, with a massive bottle of wine. Know what to do next time...!

The hotel is right on the beach. Dark sand but all very clean with plenty of sunbeds and watersports (extra cost).

There were activities going on every day at the hotel, but we didn't feel like participating in them. Our 12yr old son only wanted to go to the air rifle one but was disappointed to find it was for 16+ only.

A real must is a visit to the spa for a Hamam (Turkish bath), which was divine! Lovely ladies from Bali exfoliate and wash your skin in a traditional manner and the three of us were able to go in together. We followed this by massages, which were wonderful. Not to be missed!

We went to the Turkish night and saw some lovely local dancing, then watched the belly dancer.

The only trip we went on was to Ephesus, which was fantastic. Really interesting and enjoyable. Stopped off at a Turkish ceramic place on the way back, which was lovely too.

Transfers from the airport were long (two hours), tiring after a four hour flight, but they stopped at lovely places for a comfort break both ways.

All in all a great holiday, really enjoyed by us all. Definitely want to go back!

Thanks to the AquaFantasy Hotel staff for looking after us so well!

5  Thank JnKB
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a great comment… I believe the comments like yours show that all our hard work and attention to details is really recognized and appreciated by many of our guests, thank you.
I am glad to read you loved our rooms, restaurants and pools and not to forget our great Aqua Park.
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment in the Italian restaurant, let us make it up to you next time you visit Aqua Fantasy Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Where do I start! Well after a great trip with First Choice last year to one of their splash resorts I decided to use them again and after a chat with my travel advisor we selected Aqua Fantasy Aquapark in Turkey. Once again First choice were brilliant helping me select flight times that worked with a 2 year old and 6 year old.

ROOM
We stayed in a Family Room on the world side. We were ground floor with a view of the pool. The room itself was nicely decorated (could do with a refresh) but nothing that would put me off my holiday. Beds are comfortable, it has a wardrobe with pigeon holes for jumpers etc and hanging space. A safe, TV which had a few english channels including Disney which was very handy! Tea/Coffee and a paid mini bar. The room itself comprised of a double bedroom with sliding doors to a lounge area which had been converted for our two kids to sleep in. One on a single bed and the other on the sofa bed. With a door to the balcony with an airer to dry clothes and a table with x2 chairs. The bathroom was nice, good bath and shower, toiletries and a hairdryer are provided so you don't need to take them.

Towels! The great news is you don't need to take towels unless you are planning trips out to somewhere that you need to take towels. You get white room towels and towel tokens for brown towels to use around the pool and beach and you can change them when you need to.

FOOD
Ok so the resort has two main buffet restaurants, the closest to us in the World side of the Resort is the Oasis, this has the biggest food area of the resort. It was fantastic, considering the amount of people they cater for I thought the food was very good. At times excellent. Couple of dishes were not my cup of tea my cottage pie is much better :-). They do theme nights too so we had an Italian night and a Turkish Night. There is a fresh grill offering meat and fish and there is a kitchen area for the outdoor seating too which was great when inside was busy. Very large selection of salads and condiments to have with your meal. Don't get me started on the puddings! Lets just say trousers are still a bit snug! Oooh at breakfast do try the Cheese Pie! I quite liked it!

There is the Tropicana Restaurant over on the club side, this serves the same food but seemed a little smaller than Oasis. But again nice.

They also have four a la carte restaurants, Italian, Turkish Meze, Steak and Chinese. You get one meal in an a la carte during your stay (whether this be one or two weeks). We had the Italian, it was ok but I think I preferred the Buffet restaurants as it gave you (and the kids) much more choice.

Onsite your drinks are all inclusive around the pool bars and at the beach bar. Malibu Cocktails are good! Local beer was ok for my husband and wine was ok, but being a bit of a wine snob just ok :-) There are lovely ice creams but these extra. Unless you want the basic ones you get at lunch. You use your room key to charge your ice creams to.

There are also a few snack areas you can go to during the day. Our favourite for lunch was the Pearl Bar, right by our room block. It also has a nice size field right next to it so when the kids got bored they ran off to play and we could watch them. Food here was chips, pasta and Pizza by the bar then you had fresh veg noodles which were lush and the kebabs! oh my... the kebabs! The wraps were fresh and so light and the kebab meat moist and so tasty. They also have a salad bar and serve turkish pancakes savoury and sweet. In the afternoons you can also get waffles here!

RESORT
Ok so the Aqua Park (will get to this in a bit) is attached to the hotel but there is plenty to do at the hotel. Horse riding, there is a football pitch, basketball pitch, tennis, crazy golf and usual entertainment team putting on exercise and fun during the day. We did not use too much of this for reasons you will see in a minute....

On the beach the sand is darker and almost sparkly I am not sure if it's a man made beach or not but it's nice. All inclusive drinks down here too. They have pedals you can go out on and other things you can do at an additional cost jet skiing, the boat that pulls various things behind it designed to make you bump and get wet and paragliding to name a few.

The resort itself has three very large pool areas with shallower areas or small pools for the children next to them. There is an adults only pool and three smaller pools with little slides for younger children to enjoy. Our half term is a week earlier than the UK temps were up to 25 in the day but dropped to around 14 in the evening, pools are not heated so lost heat overnight brrrrr! There is a kindergarden with kids play equipment too.

In both World and Club there are indoor pools. World's indoor pool has some water slides.

There is a games room, older kids were playing on PS2's things like Halo etc! There are snooker & pool tables, a bowling alley, a shopping area, i've probably missed some stuff! In the evenings there is a man who does "sand painting" either around this area or outside at the top of the amphitheatre. I have six sand paintings at home so you can guess how much my two loved this even my 2.5 year old with me helping her to keep her hand steady to pour sand on. This is extra at 10Lira per go.

KIDS CLUB & ENTERTAINMENT
The kids club is run by two english ladies "Auntie" Sandra and Sarah. They are both married to local men and have made their lives over there. I visited the kids club they have a younger kids room and an older kids room. The club is set in its own little fenced off grounds with a large outdoor play area. My son did not want to leave his younger sister (they take them from age 4) so he did not go but our friends daughter went and loved it so much she cried when it was time to say goodbye to Sarah. In the evenings they ran the kiddie disco from 8.15 and my two loved it getting up on stage and doing dance routines. On Tom's birthday they gave him some balloons and got him up on stage for a dance and to sing happy birthday he loved it.

As I said there is various entertainment during the day the programme gets put through your door later in the day so check in reception if you really want to do morning activities.

In the evenings there was mix of usual grab people out of audience entertainment for e.g. Mr Aquafantasy and Mrs Aquafantasy. One night there was live music which we did not go to. Turkish night, belly dancing, the kids really loved the Ice Age night where they were on stage doing a little Ice Age show the costumes were amazing.

The resort itself is so very well kept people always cleaning and tidying inside and out.

So the best bit.....

AQUAPARK
Ok this is accessed through a side gate next to the Flamingo pool. You can't take drinks or food in but you can just nip out to the Flamingo Pool snack bar easily for drinks and snacks if you want.

Inside you have 14 slides I think it's 14, a wave pool/lagoon, lazy river and kids area. We based ourselves in the middle at the kids area as it was easiest with my 2.5 year old. Amazing area no higher than just over my knees at deepest. It had a turtle/crocodile floating to sit/stand on, a fish and seal who squirted water, a mushroom waterfall. Two small slides, two flume slides suitable for young ones, a walk over water obstacle course I would say age 7/8 up. A big pirate ship and a submarine both with slides and squirting water etc. There is a nappy changing station in this area and a drinks/ice cream kiosk. These are not on all inclusive you just use your room card if you want to buy and not bother going to Flamingo Pool. It's only this way as the park is open to the public too.

The rides were brilliant, If your child is over 120cm they can do most. Tom was just under but we said he's a good swimmer and he was able to hop on the double rings with us. Millie is only 2.5 but was allowed not the black hole and anaconda in the baby ring. You need to rent these at 7Lira but that's not much in english terms it has a solid base in the front of the two rings Millie sat in this and I wrapped my legs around her and she held on. She loved it!

The combo ride is INCREDIBLE! you spin round this big bowl thing go down a hole then get whooshed up the other side by powerful water... keep your bum off the floor if you don't want a colonic!!! Then down and up again spin round another bit.... BEST RIDE! But you need two adults over 120kg between you. Blue one is quick but fun. The yellow half moon shape one is great but the lifeguards can offer you a spin or no spin to make it more hairy! The very very top is a big white slide where you can all go down in a giant ring as a family! But only if over 120cm tall.

So then you have the big astroslide on mats, two vertical drop water slides, I braved one, screamed all the way, had an unplanned colonic and decided I had done it once so did not need to do the other one :-) But if you like thrills then these two are for you! In this bank there is a yellow one that spins you round a bucket then you drop into a plunge pool underneath. Going to the right are three flume rides x2 with rings x1 without ring. further down are three little speed slides sheer drops very fast that you can race with your friends. There is the black hole slides which are good fun. The main pool has a swim up bar. The lagoon is beautiful but the water was flipping freezing this time of year my kids just sat in the ring and I pushed them up and down the wave pool waves when they came on. And the lazy river runs from here right around the kids area so you can get out at the steps by the kids area. A very very lazy river not sure all the jets were working to push you around.

So we did not use the hotel pool facilities very much as the kids loved it in here so much it really makes the holiday! But if you have small children that can't be left there will be a couple of rides you can't do unless you are with another family/ask a random stranger to go on with you!

In all I have to say this was the best family holiday we've had yet!! Busy but not too busy as our week was before the UK half term. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I think the world side is supposed to be better for families ask for a ground floor room if you have...
22  Thank Sarah G

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for sharing your holiday details here on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked the room, the food and the layout.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our pools and entertainment team, our “Croco Kid’s Club” and not to forget our great Aqua Park.
Also the description about the restaurants and snackbars, we couldn’t explain it better. We are delighted with such provided details for our future guests.

On behalf of the entire team here at Aqua Fantasy thank you for such a lovely review, we hope to see you again in the very near future. You are always welcome to contact our Guest Relation team for any help regarding room type or room location.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

where do i start... amazing isnt the word, i went on holiday with my hubby and my son who is 9 years old and we arrived there on oct 12th and the best decision we made was to fly to izmar as the transfer was only 40 mins. we did get there at 11.30 and very quick check in and the bell boys took our cases to our room ,it was on the world side 2877, witch over looked the fontana pool and was perfect nice and quiet but in the main building. as we were hungry there was food layed out for us and drinks, i was so impressed at that time at night. the room is brilliant big flat screen tv, modern bathroom and so clean with towels changed every day and mini bar stocked up and a bootle of water to room each day. also loved the idea of having a daily gazete telling us all the ativities on. great idea..if one negative thing is more clothes space as 3 of us in the room. next day the welcome meeting was great alot of info and took by the lovely first choice rep liz , she was brill. we have no problems so never had to see her again but if we needed her i knew where she was. the next thing for us as we are a bodybuilding family was the gym, so off we went to find it and it was great, we where the only ones in it most days as we went 7 am every morning. it was clean and had most things we needed but some things were out of order. many people didnt know bout the gym so we went round telling everyone bout it. as bodybuilders we were so inpressed with the food, we never got board as there were the 2 big buffett resturants , the oasis was the best we thought and the food went from perfect dieting all the way to eating chips and burgers. cakes and pasteries and we everyday had the chef cooking fresh food. in the day we didnt que too to much but nights did get bit busy but didnt que more then 4 people. the one free a la carte we went to the chineeze, this was so nice and quiet in there. the food was great too even having a childrens menu. if you got hungry in the afternoon the pearl bar was great for pizza and snack food. then at 5pm we even made waffles with choc sauce it was ace, they really know how to spoil you in this hotel. we never got board with so much to do. with bout 7 pools and a adult one you can go round different ones each day. our pool was so good the fontana pool . every day there are things to do or just relax and watch everyone else. the swim up bar was great and you can get as many drinks as you like no restrictions. twice a day the live dj came on and the music was just so brill, loud and kicking and the entertainment lads and girls were just the best, we have a great time with them, dancing round the pool and they were so friendly, a few names were , james, jack sparrow, gemma, halil, also arron the lad who was at the golf most days what a nice lad he was so kind to my son. they all work so hard all day and night to keep us entertained also every night was amazing shows ,in 2 weeks not one show repeated. we even got on stage a couple of times and i won miss aqua fantasy what a laugh. the beach party was one of my faveraties it was great with fireworks after. we thought the man who is the compare of the shows is just amazing he is brill for the hotel ans speaking all those 6 different languges is just amazing. these night made our holiday. the kids club is brill, my son loved it and all the girls and lads that work there are fantastic and auntie sandra is just the best. you can tell she loves her job as she works so hard till late at night. they are entertained all day and night nearly and always safe too. wednesdays are good as they have the children from 10 till 3 going for lunch too so us parents can go to the market. we went to the market in kusadasi and the best way was to get a taxi with other couples so we only payed 12 lira and it was only 15 mins away. the market was massive and had everything you needed but i am affraid there were the sellers hassling us alot and you cant just look so i wouldnt go back there. kusadasi front was really nice and there was alot to see but i was pleased to get back to the hotel. one of the main advantages of the hotel is the massive and exciting water park. wow this is just brill the slides are great all different for different levels of excitement. my son went on some but we found we had a great laugh while he video us. the life guards are brill and very nice to you and most spoke english too. one we met called tolga was brill very nice to my son and a laugh too. the water park is open 30 mins before it opens to the public and its a great idea, then later on in the day we would go back in there again. what a amazing time didnt que for rides either. great time of year to go. the weather was so nice 28 most days and pure blue skys. the only thing is the water at the park and the pools was little cold but we still went in. the sea was little warmer and the beach front was great . very safe for children too. always a sunbed too. the whole hotel, from the reception to the resurants, to the pool to the rooms and gardens and public toliets were just so clean. we never seen any mess . in the restaurants the people who worked there were brill if something was split the next min someone was there cleaning up amazing. also the waiters were great gettting you drinks too, they remembered us day after day and we very friendly all talking english. i got wifi witch was very cheep per day i was very impressed. this hotel is so safe for children and my child always felt safe. my hubby had a masarge too it was really nice and the staff are so perfessonal aswell. well i could write so much more but just book up and go there you wont be dissapointed. we went for 2 weeks didnt get board, the food we never got fed up once, everyone so friendly and we will be booking again soon for next year. thanks to the hotel and staff for making it a wonderfull place. from 2 bodybuilders xx

Room Tip: the world side is the best and over looking the fontana pool.
6  Thank Nicola G

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review at Aqua Fantasy. It is nice to hear this was one of the best holidays you have had. Thank you for highlighting some of our staff. This gives them great motivation for the future.
Regarding your comments about the storage space in the room and the fitness equipment, we will definitely work on them.
Once again thank you for your nice words and we look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family and I stayed here for a fortnight returning 26th October. We had a ground floor family room with a garden view, (world side) very peaceful. I would say that these rooms need updating a little. Also more storage space for clothes is required. My 5 year old daughter loved The Crocodile Kids Club, especially Sarah! I've never known such a brilliant kids club. My daughter would go 10-12 3-5 and 6:30-8:15 she loved it so much. We always watched the International kids disco held at the Ampitheatre at 8:30-9:15, Aunty Sandra is a ball of energy which the kids love. My daughter is already saving her pennies to return next year so thanks to all at Croco Kids Club, Aunty Sandra, Sarah, Ozzy and Ruby.

The Aquapark is brilliant fun. We mostly bathed around Treasure Island so that when my youngest daughter wasn't at kids club she could enjoy this kids area. There are so many different areas to bathe. Beware the water is cold...icy cold.....especially the lazy river (we called it the "idle river") if the water had not been so cold I do believe my daughter would not have spent so much time in kids club! Please note that to ride most slides at the park you need to be over 120cm in height, and some 140cm. The new ride which is open from 1pm - 5pm also has a weight restriction. It takes 2 riders at one time with a weight of between 120-180kg. Be prepared to wait a while inline for this ride, but it's worth it! Also beware to lift you bottom as high as you can on this ride, I learned the hard way and scratched my bum on what felt like a cheese grater! Your all inclusive does not run in the park, if you need to eat or drink you will be asked to produce your room key and it will go on your end account. We never ate or drank in there as The Flamingo pool bar and snack bar is only a few feet away from the park. You can come and go from the park as much as you like. Do not try to take food or drink into the park, you will be searched. The water park opens to hotel guests at 10:30am, and to the public from 11am. There is a 7D cinema at the aqua park (which lasts 6 minutes long) we didn't use it but heard good reviews. The lifeguards are not only friendly and hard working but easy on the eye too!

There are 2 indoor pools at the hotel, 1 world side 1 club side. We used the one at world side. My 5 year old loved it as the water was warmer.
Regarding outdoor pools.....you are spoiled for choice. We never used the Atlantis (adult only pool) but it looked lovely and very peaceful. All the pools are kept spotlessly clean and look very inviting, despite the temperature! When it is so hot outside it's very refreshing to jump in. We stayed mostly at the Flamingo Pool, also a quiet one (end of season in October remember) it had many benefits......close to the aqua park entrance, close to Croco Kids a Club, it has a pool bar and a snack bar and toilets. Perfect for us. Some of the other pools like the Fontana Pool and Caribbean Pool were busier with music and pool games. Towards the beach is a pool for toddlers with slides, this again was a busier area.

Food is in abundance at the hotel, always available in huge amounts. We mostly ate at the Oasis Buffet Restaurant (world side) The buffet restaurant on club side is called The Tropicana. I advise using Oasis, it's slightly larger and walkways wider. These areas obviously get very busy, chaotic too. Yes you will queue for certain dishes like pancakes and omelettes at breakfast but it's worth the wait. All food is displayed beautifully, all fresh and tasty. Breakfast is 7-10:30 lunch is 12:30-2:30 and dinner 7-9:30. Your all inclusive ice cream is only available from Oasis and Tropicana restaurants, from 12:30-2:30, anywhere else in the complex is chargeable. There are themed nights in the buffet restaurants, including Turkish, Mexican and International. I didn't like Turkish or Mexican but International was brilliant, amazing roast beef and lamb! Desserts are plenty. My advice is to get your cold desserts along with your starter and main so as not to queue for 10 minutes! Remember to take a walk outdoors at the buffet restaurants as food is also being cooked out there too. The buffet areas are run like a well oiled machine, the waiting staff are amazing and the cleaners are always there. My daughter who is very fussy managed to survive on pizza, spaghetti bolognese, chips, chicken pasta and bread every day.

We used the Pearl snack Bar open from 12:30pm on a few occasions, it was nice to sit outdoors and eat. I really enjoyed the noodles. My eldest daughter (14) loved the hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs and kebabs. The Flamingo snack bar opens at 12:30 and has the same dishes daily, pizza, pasta, spaghetti bolognese, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, Turkish pancakes and salad bar.....you can also pour your own soft drinks here.
You are entitled to 1 a la carte meal per holiday. We used the Chinese, I didn't really enjoy it, it was very bland. Wish we had used the Italian instead.

A visit to watch the sun set at the beach is a must. It's really beautiful. You can even ask one of the photographers from the shop inside the hotel to do a sunset photo shoot. The beach bar is great too, shame there were no bar snacks though. The beach itself is lovely, the tide stays the same and the water temp was like a Luke warm bath. We used the Jet Ski's at €40 for 15 minutes and The Great Big Mable ride at €10 per person for 15 minutes. You can also use the banana boat and do parasailing at a price. The pedalos are free and included in your all inclusive. There are plenty sun beds to choose from and hammocks too.

The staff we met were ever so friendly and spoke good English. Emirhan the young barman/waiter was amazing. He made us some fantastic Malibu cocktails. He worked everywhere from the Irish bar downstairs to the buffet restaurants! It was his last day at the hotel during our stay. We never met our maid. She changed towels, made beds, and emptied bins daily. We might have had our bedding changed once in 2 weeks and she certainly didn't actually clean or Hoover daily. Going back to our room, we had problems with the sliding doors, both had to be repaired and the balcony door needed screwing back in. We also had a flood in our bathroom which was reported. The bath tub had a small crack in but after 4 baths there was a big flood on the floor. We were told we could move rooms but we were only a few days away from leaving so declined and had showers instead. You receive a 1.5 ltr bottle of water daily. The mini bar is stocked well but we never found a price list so I can't tell you how much items were. Each person is given a towel card upon arrival, you exchange these for beach towels either down in the spa by the indoor pool or by the hut by the beach. There is a kids park on site that we never used, also a tennis/basket ball court. There are cash machines at the very entrance to the resort. By the cash machines is a taxi rank, we never used taxis as the local Dolmus bus is cheaper. The Dolmus stop is on the road at the entrance to the resort. We took the Dolmus into Kusadasi town for a mooch. I believe we paid €2 each way. We also went to the local Kusadsi Market held on a Wednesday. Lots and lots of "genuine fakes" we took a trip up the hill to Adaland. Due to it being end of season the water park was closed but the Dolphinarium was open. We paid €20 each to watch the dolphin show which lasts 1 hour, it's ok. We also paid €85 each to swim with the dolphins for 20 minutes after the show. You could buy a disk of all photos taken during the swim for €80! We just bought 1 picture each at €5. We had to walk back to the resort afterwards (if you choose to swim with dolphins there is no shuttle bus available) it was a short walk so we didn't mind. The Thompson reps were always very welcoming and available for you at certain times of the day at the hotel reception area. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, the floors are constantly being cleaned. The grounds are beautiful. We didn't use the games room, bowling alley or Diso Blue so I can't comment. We also didn't use the spa facilities.

There's not a lot else I can say......if you have managed to read this far well done!

I loved our holiday and would definitely return. The only downsides are that the lighting in the rooms are very dim, and the maid didn't clean to my standards!

Thank You Aquafantasy, look forward to returning in the near future :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 0rainbowangel0
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guests,
We want to thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review. We are happy to hear you had an excellent time and enjoyed all facilities, including the Aqua Park.
Thank you for noticing everything we are doing to satisfy all guests. Our kitchen team works really hard to make sure our food is for everyone’s taste and we receive lots of fabulous feedback from our many guests. Also our Housekeeping team are doing their best to keep the Hotel area clean.
I apologize for any inconvenience you must have had concerning your room. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, so we can keep up our high standards in future.
Aqua Fantasy follows and exceeds the ISO rules and regulations (ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 22000-2005) throughout the hotel complex. I want to thank you again for noticing everything we are doing to keep everybody safe.
Our entertainment team also thanks you for your nice comments.
Also i want to thank you for highlighting our layout and the location of the Hotel, which is a huge plus for our guests being close to Ephesus and Kusadasi.

We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have just arrived back after 2 weeks at aqua fantasy. We have 2 children aged 6 and 10 and both of them had the most amazing time.
We stayed in a standard room and I have to admit that we found it a bit cramped. It could have done with a bit more drawer space for clothing. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was nice and powerful, we had clean towels everyday as well as a complimentary 1.5 litre bottle of water each day. The room was kept very clean although there was quite a bit of black mould on the tiles around the bath which could do with being seen to.
The food was great, enough choice to keep everybody happy. We didn't have chips once, not even from the snack bar. The amount of people that had plates piled high with the damn things was amazing, we don't pay all that money to eat chips every mealtime. There is always pasta, rice, vegetables and many meat dishes available each day. The theme nights were good (especially the Turkish and Mexican nights). We ate the Chinese al a carte one night and it was lovely, very tasty and filling.
Pool wise, there were so many to choose from and there were always plenty of sunbeds available. You can do as much or as little as you want around the pool, again, something for everyone. The water park was amazing, my son was too scared to go on any water slides at all last year at another hotel but this year there was no stopping him, we all had a go on almost everything. Although the all inclusive doesn't extend into the water park there is a bar and snack bar 60 seconds away from the entrance on hotel grounds that you can use. Between 5 and 6 some of the snack bars offer freshly cooked waffles, they are to die for, we had them most days (they are very hard to resist!)
The room key you are given also acts as an in hotel credit card. You can use this to pay for the bowling, pool tables, ice creams and any other extras you want to purchase (apart from the independent shops). You can then pay it off as you go or pay it in one go upon departure. We only used it for a game of bowling which was 48 lira for 4 of us (around £16). Whilst talking about money I would recommend taking Turkish lira and some British pounds with you. We took euros and everything worked out more expensive using that. Even in the local markets it's cheaper to pay in lira or pounds than euros. The hotel have a currency exchange facility, you will need some lira if you plan on catching the bus into town.
The kids club staff were fantastic, my son especially loved aunty Sandra! They offer 2 sessions a day (excluding Mondays) as well as a film club each evening where the kids to go to dinner together and watch a film. On Wednesdays they hold a 5 hour long sessions so you can take advantage of going to the market in kusadasi child free! The kids discos were good fun and the entertainment most nights was great.
I would certainly return to this hotel again, we all had a great 2 weeks. It's very good value for money, the staff were all very friendly and work very hard. The grounds and public areas were spotlessly clean and the food and drink choices are excellent. You simply can't go wrong!

6  Thank Mariecb76

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your detailed holiday experience following your recent stay at Aqua Fantasy. It is a huge plus for our future guests following us on Tripadvisor to read such a detailed Hotel description, i couldn’t have written it better myself. It gave myself and my team enormous pleasure to read how much you liked our Food, our pools and our entertainment team and not to forget our Aqua Park.
It is nice to hear you had an excellent holiday and you are happy with the service we have provided.
Thank you for highlighting our layout and the location of the Hotel, which is a huge plus for our guests being close to Kuşadası.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed from the 28th of September till the 4th of October and we're sad to be leaving such a wonderful hotel with the nicest staff we've ever met and can't wait to go back there in august the food was amazing especially the kebabs and waffles the beach party was the highlight if my trip although the raki didn't agree with me ! The aqua park was great for my kids aged 4 and 12 especially the lazy river all in all it was a fantastic holiday and can't wait to see everybody next year

Room Tip: We stayed on the world right by the pool was fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michellewillow1310
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the Aqua Fantasy Team i want to thank you for your beautiful words. I am happy to hear that you liked our activities, Aqua Park, Food and drinks, except maybe for the raki.
We look forward to your next visit. Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed from the 19th September to 4th October and were talking about coming back on the transfer home. The staff are all very friendly and make a real effort to make you feel welcome. The entertainment team were fab as well. The shows were brilliant, always something different every night which the kids loved.
The food was amazing and the weight gain we've all come home with is testament to the standard of meals that you can have. yes you may have to queue for a few minutes for some popular things like omelettes, but so what, you don't have a bus to catch!
The pools are really well thought out with very shallow for babies through to mid pools for older toddlers. We were never bored! The aqua park was amazing with something for everyone, we were there nearly everyday, my youngest son loved the pirate ship and the splash pool area is a fab place for small children.
The lifeguards there are 100% and we are very thankful to the lifeguard that helped me when my eldest son was complaining of a sore ear, he looked him over and advised we see a doctor, which we did, at the hotel. The hotel doctor arranged for my son to be taken to hospital where he spent the night and had a small operation. All the staff that helped us I give my heartfelt thanks to.
The hotel staff work tirelessly to make sure that you have a great holiday. The bad reviews you see on here are the type of people that complain because it rains!!
If you have a family that like water you will not regret coming here!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen R

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words. We are also happy to read you enjoyed our food, our pools, as well as the service.
Our entire staff works very hard to please all ages. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
Let us know if you have any requests on your next stay: kathynys@aquafantasy.com
Kathy Nys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#33 of 155 in Kusadasi
Richmond Ephesus Resort

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!