“Aqua fantasy review”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to this hotel in May 2014, two families totalling 10 altogether, my party was two adults and four children, hotel doesn't cater for bigger families which meant myself and my partner and to spilt children up and share different rooms, which wasn't very ideal as we really wanted to be together, on booking trip we were told we could put a request in for large room but this wasn't available on getting to the hotel. The rooms were clean, only disappointment was the one bottle of water that was free, personally think water shouldn't be limited. The overall hotel was fab, the pools are plentiful with lots of age difference which was good as my youngest is 2 and oldest is 13 so lots to do for all of them, the aqua park was brill and the slides were great, although drinks and food here isn't covered in the all inclusive which is a disappointment when paying for the all inclusive package, like wise with the ice cream only get it free in the time 12.30 to 2.30, who has kids on holiday when it's not wants ice cream throughout the day, spent a fortune on ice cream in the hotel. The food wasn't great, my little boy ate next to nothing the full trip which was worrying and wouldn't drink the juice as was very sweet, enjoyed ten days of fizzy pop which I wasn't too keen on. The staff were nice and helpful and even when they didn't understand English well quickly went and found someone who did, there were always someone around you cleaning. The shops were fine although more expensive than town but were great for families who didn't want to venture into town with family. Planet yuka was nice, they pick you up in a taxi take you and drop you back off, food was nice there with lots of choice. Another disappointment was the lack of children club for the age of our children, we were told from auntie Sandra that she had to put all ages together because they were undertaking a new building, which is understandable but our boys aged 11, 10 and 9 sure didn't want to be doing arts and crafts with 4/8 year olds, shame really when there was so many volley ball court, football courts, beach etc. I still think that there should of been staff sorting activities out that were age appropriate, didn't therefore use children's club full stay. The hotels private beach was good lots of seats and shade, the pier was great, take plenty of insect spray we were bite all over, beach is clean and has loads of water sports, you do have to pay for a lot of them which can work out expensive but was fun. Overall a lovely family holiday away and I would like to say we would go again but who knows x thanks to staff who were friendly

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ems437
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,
The entire Aqua Fantasy Team thanks you very much for your compliments about the layout, Aqua Park and the Beach.
Regarding your comment about the Aquapark; as we offer the Park to non-hotel guests, we keep our all-inclusive system within the hotel premises, where we provide 11 bars, 2 main restaurants, 2 snackbars and 5 A la Carte restaurants.
That said, it is very easy to leave the Aqua park for drinks at the nearby Flamingo bar in the hotel complex, which does form part of your all inclusive.
Regarding our all-inclusive concept i believe this is clearly communicated in all the promotional material about the hotel and the brochure/web description.
We have a lot of different room types in the hotel. You are always welcome to contact our Guest Relation team for any help regarding room type or room location.
kathynys@aquafantasy.com
We thank you for pointing out some issues to us, as it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well what can i say other than starting with thank you all at the hotel for making our holiday at the best hotel in the world one we will never forget.

Entertainment / Animation / Kids Club
I will start by saying a big thank you to all the entertainment / animation team, kids club for giving our family once again the best holiday we could ask for. You are the most hard working people i no, and you all deserve all the credit that you get off everyone that visits the hotel throughout the season. so to JACK, JAMES, GEMMA, ALISAH, SAUSAGE, SIMON, MELIH, JERRY, TARZAN, AUNTIE SANDRA, SARAH, OSSY, and anyone else on the team that i have not put down. You are all the BEST and i hope the rest of the season goes well for you all. look forward to seeing you all next year. John, Louise, Mckenzie.

First Choice Reps
Thank you to the reps for being there if we needed any help or had any questions, you were always there with the answer we needed and made our journey to and from the airport a pleasant one. When doing the lunch time games you do need to work at your ice spitting though Lol.

Food / Drink
Once again the food / drink in the hotel was very nice and the staff that work around the hotel in the many restaurants and bars deserve a lot of credit for all the hard work they do around the hotel. keep up the hard work throughout the season.

House keepers
A big thank you to all the house keepers for the hard work they do in keeping all the hotel clean and tidy from bedrooms to restaurants. It would not be as enjoyable as it is if the hotel was not clean so thank you.

Water Park / beach
The water park was even better than in the past with the new slide that is now in the park. And a big thank you to all the life guards and staff around all of the beach and pool areas for keeping me and my family safe whilst on holiday keep up the good work for the rest of the season. The beach was clean and tidy once again and the beach bar give you a chance to sit and see them lovely sunsets once again.

So once again thank you all for a brilliant holiday and look forward to seeing you all again for our 4th time next year Take care and good luck for the rest of the season from John, Louise, Mckenzie Dent.

Room Tip: As a return visitor to the hotel we as a family like to be facing the Fontana pool on the world side...
1  Thank Johndent2013

Dear McKenzie Family,
Thank you for taking your time leaving your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to read we were able to make your holiday one you will never forget.
Our entertainment team is very greatfull for your nice words and they all hope to see you again.
Thank you for your great comments about all staff. I believe comments like yours show that all our hard work and attention to detail really is recognized and appreciated by our many guests, thank you.
We apply extra care on health and safety rules throughout our hotel complex. I want to thank you again for noticing everything we are doing.
We are very pleased that we could meet all your expectations and we are delighted with your feedback!
Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relation team for your next holiday
kathynys@aquafantasy.com
We look forward to meeting you very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Got back from our 7 night stay in aqua fantasy yesterday. Wow what a holiday we had .
We arrived at the hotel in the early hours where after we checked in my husband 3 children and myself were offered a bite to eat and a drink then taken to our room on a golf buggy. Our room was very clean and comfortable.
Our first day my 14year old son was asked by Tarzan (entertainment team) to play darts which he did , I didn't see him for the rest of the day !!!!
The pools were warm and had loads of lounger . My 12 & 6 year old girls were very happy.
Food was great with lots of choice ,restaurant was very clean and helpful and happy staff.
Aqua park is brilliant with life guards at the top and bottom of every ride. I felt I could relax while my youngest played in the pools (she had a life vest on ).
The evening entertainment was very good with shows of ice age 3, James bond game show,and beach party with fireworks.
My youngest went to the kids club which she really enjoyed "auntie" Sandra , Sarah and
Ozzie were lovely .
My husband was roped into playing water polo,darts and volly ball which he then done everyday while I watched and laughed hard at Armani the organizer and his refereeing skills.
I would also like to mention ralisa, sausage and the waffle guy (can't remember his name ) .

On the day we left we had a call to say our flight was delayed for 4 hours so we could stay at the hotel . We booked a late check out till 6 but the hotel said we could have our room till 9 at no extra cost which I thought was very kind.
Thank you aqua fantasy and to all your staff for all the hard work you put in to make our holiday a happy and safe time . A wonderful time was had by all and will stay with us for the rest of our lives .
Be warned we will be back x

Room Tip: Fly to izmar.
1  Thank Lisa S

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire Aqua Fantasy team thank you very much for these wonderful compliments.
I am happy to hear you have enjoyed the food, our pools, the Aquapark and not to forget… our entertainment team. Thank you for highlighting our animation and for personally mentioning some of them.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relation team for your next holiday

Reviewed 27 May 2014

my family and friends stayed at the aquafantasy hotel and spa between 8th may and 19th may 2014 , having never been to turkey before i was a little bit unsure , but once we arrived i soon realised what an amazing place it is , The standard of cleanliness of the hotel was amazing and kept that way right through our stay , how the chef and team produce such lovely food and choice for so many people beggars belief everyday , every single member of staff was so friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them ,a special mention has to go to AYDIN ( the captain) at the beach and games room also to the entertainment team JACK SPARROW ,JAMES, and all the others , TURFYK (the lifeguard) your all fantastic ,
You MUST also go to PLANET YUKKA for a meal the food is great and LUIS FIGO is so friendly and great for advice
THANK YOU all for making our holiday so amazing !!!! keep up the good work !!!!
WE WILL DEFINATLEY BE BACK AS SOON AS WE CAN !!!!

Room Tip: if your giong just as a couple there have a quiet pool for just adults only
3  Thank nigm10

D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Aqua Fantasy.
I am glad you have liked the food, the entertainment and the cleanliness.
Your lovely comments about our team and service gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit.

Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a good 2 week holiday at this hotel but it wasn't as great as we expected. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the gardens are immaculate. Waterpark was great for adults and a few kids slides kept them entertained but shame couldn't go on more of bigger ones.

Location - we knew it was far from kusadasi but it was further than expected

Rooms - ours was tiny, it was cleaned everyday but not very well one day rubbish was left on the floor, bathroom was hardly cleaned in 2 weeks, cups and glasses not replaced when used sheets were dirty somedays and not changed but I think the biggest insult was the cleaner filling the sink with water and putting the dirty cups in for us to wash.

Staff - barely understand simple English, most were miserable and rude, although there was a few who were very helpful. We didn't get bottled water some days luckily we had spare however on the next to last day we had none left at all and had a baby who needed it for bottles, it took 4 calls and a complaint to reception to get a bottle of water. The next day they forgot again. I don't expect the staff to speak great English I'm not so ignorant to think that but I've been to Egypt twice and they're much more helpful and understanding even something as simple as getting a sink plug fixed was never done properly.

Food - good for first 10 days then for the last 4 nights it was a combination of veal or meatballs with very other choice. No kids choice just chicken nuggets or chicken fingers. Ice creams first week was chocolate or vanilla only this improved 2nd week as more guests arrived. The al a carte when booking with first choice was 1 per week but in resort it was 1 per stay. Breakfast is the biggest chaos I've seen 1 toaster for about 1200 guests, it was hard work with kids, even have to get your own tea and coffee out of a crappy little machine.

Drinks - all Inclusive spirits and mixers and beer and wine. Cocktails - one cocktail is on offer they don't tell you what it is just call it cocktail! the rest you have to pay for bit of a let down for a 5*. Have to pay extra for fresh orange again a bit much really.

Entertainment - 3 decent nights out of 14, all the good entertainment seemed to be starting as we were leaving on Saturday, rubbish really as nowhere nearby to go and whatever time of year you go shouldn't make a difference to the quality of entertainment.

Kids club - brilliant really good with kids and good disco for kids at night, repetitive but was really good for them

Shops - rip off in the hotel they really try to rip you off selling their genuine fakes as they call them and rude and ask what your problem is if don't buy from them

Sickness - my daughter was sick 2 days whilst there violently vomiting and stomach cramps, we had saw other children being sick by the pool too. Reported this to first choice as needed the room cleaned up from my daughter being so sick. The rep literally blamed us first it was her reaction to the heat although we had been there 10 days, then the rep suggested i must be that I'm dehyrating my daughter - anything to take no responsibility.

Late check out - pay for room until 6, we stepped out at 4.30 and went back up to find the cleaner on her way in to clean it for the next arrivals, needless to say it was no use to us then

Pools - freezing......

Our saviour for the bad entertainment was trips into kusadasi at night the best place is planet yucca we went there 3 times it's a great night, great staff, friendly and great with kids. Food is brilliant. Figo comes round the hotel and books up a taxi for you to take and bring you back.

Despite all these negatives we had a lovely time the hotel service just isn't a 5* we've been to far better 4* in the past, luckily we got a good deal so can deal with it not being as good as we expected.

Would we go again? Maybe one day but just for a week at the right price, but for us it's back to Egypt next year

Room Tip: World side, 2nd floor but if a family get a large room
3  Thank Kaye1984

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your informative comments and appreciate all feedback, be that positive or constructive. We are happy to read you had a good holiday and have enjoyed our beautiful gardens and our waterpark. Also thank you for your nice comments about our kids club.
We are sorry your daughter felt poorly during your stay and hope she is now feeling much better.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
I apologize for any inconvenience these must have given you.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Second time round and aqua fantasy was amazing yet again , reps were fantastic. Food was delicious especially the fried chicken . Husband had a visit to hospital for severe eat infection and the staff. , doctors and private hospital was amazing . Going back next year .

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank 123summerpink

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your short and inspiring comment. We are very happy to read that Aqua Fantasy is the best family Hotel in the world.
Also thank you for mentioning your husband got ill during your stay and that they took good care of him.
Please let our Guest Relation team know about your future holiday: kathynys@aquafantasy.com.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Aqua Fantasy is by far the best holiday my family and I have ever been to! I definitely recommend coming here! The water park was brilliant, and the different pools were great. There is also an indoor pool with slides and a children's play area which was really handy for if it got cold outside (which it didn't when we went). The food was great, with lots of variety to choose from. There was even stuff to snack on for when it wasn't a proper 'meal time'. The beds were comfy and easy to fall asleep in, although the rooms could've done with a bit more space. The staff were all really friendly and treat you like you were someone really special. When my friend knocked over a drink of coke and smashed the glass, no one got cross. The waiters just took the glass away, gave her a new glass of coke and put a clean sheet over the table! The entertainment was, in my opinion, one of the best things about the holiday. There was something different every night! Sometimes we were on the beach, other nights there were parties, most nights were on stage doing shows of all different sorts, but the entertainers always put in a huge amount of effort to make you happy! Sausage was really funny, and he had activities for mostly adults, but he was always popular with the kids too! He always put in the most effort into making sure your needs were fulfilled, and I've never seen him without a smile! And Tarzan is exactly like Sausage- he always goes that extra mile to make people feel happier, and makes a great effort to entertain everyone. He runs a club for teenagers, and always does something fun and exciting. Both of them deserve to get a job next year! They're my favourite entertainers by far! There is also a kids club for children from 4-12. Auntie Sandra always makes your children laugh, and my son (4 years old) cried saying goodbye to her. Sarah is also great with your kids too! Them four members of staff really make your holiday worth-while! Already missing Turkey, even though we've only been gone for two days! Definitely want to come back to Aqua Fantasy again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lucy F

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your “Beste Holiday Ever” review at Aqua Fantasy. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our layout, entertainment, cleaning, staff, as well as the service.
Our entertainment team works very hard to please all ages. Thank you for putting them in the spotlight. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
We thank you again and look forward to your next visit. Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements

Kathy Nys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Sunis Efes Royal Palace Resort Hotel & Spa
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#31 of 156 in Kusadasi

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!