“Aqua Fantasy is the BEST hotel in Turkey!!!!”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
“Aqua Fantasy is the BEST hotel in Turkey!!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned back home to England from Turkey and this was our first holiday at this special hotel. Prior to us arriving on the 2nd of June 2014, I emailed Karen Nyas(?) with a request of a room with a garden view and easy access to the pool and upon our arrival we were accommodated in a room that met our requirements. The only downfall with the room, was the hard mattress according to my wife but I found it comfortable myself and the double size duvet on an almost king size bed didn't help either as it didn't cover the whole bed resulting in my wife and myself having a tag of war with the duvet. We reported the 2 problems to our holiday rep, who informed us that she would take immediate action and get things rectified for us as she was also aware of another couple complaining about the small duvet. When we returned to our room, we found that an additional bed sheet had been left on the side of the bed for us(must have been a breakdown in communication) but we didn't let this minor issue affect our holiday and we managed to have a laugh about it. On day 3, we approached our holiday rep and during our conversation about the mattress, the rep informed us that the hotel was more than happy to move us into a different room, but we declined this offer as we had already unpacked and made ourselves at home. I swapped my side of the bed with my wife and this sorted out the problem.lol Enough waffling now and let's focus on the hotel. The hotel staff were all exceptional and seemed to care about the guests and they all had a smile on their face and always at hand to help if needed. Special mention to one of the waiters Murat, who always ensured that all our needs were fully met and we interacted with him on a first name basis. Also a big shout out to Auntie Sandra and her team at Croco Kids Club who provided an outstanding service to all the parents who used their kids club. The Croco Kids club can benefit from having an adventure playground to compliment the hard work being done by Sandra and her team. The hotel was always kept clean to high standards and the facilities were second to none. E our housekeeper always ensured that our room 2515 was kept tidy even if we hadn't requested for her to clean the room. The hotel entertainment led by Simon and the team of various entertainers Sausage, Gemma, Jack Sparrow, Alana, James, Tarzan,etc. to name a few, always kept us entertained in various activities including the club dance which we can't get out of our heads and we were even doing it at the airport yesterday whilst waiting for our plane back to Blighty. Overall experience of the hotel was excellent and for those that don't like to go out of the resort, everything is at your disposal eg, shops, aqua park, beach, but I would recommend that you visit Kusadasi town for your shopping as obviously the prices in the hotel shops are higher than on the high street/market. The food and drinks were in abundance and there's always something for everyone. I know we have just got back, but we are already looking into booking another stay at this beautiful hotel next year and we are also inviting our relatives and their families to share this amazing experience with us. So we will be out in full force next year, but will choose a better time of the year as the weather wasn't too kind to us until the last 5 days of our hotel and we also had downpours which resulted in some parts of the hotel flooding, but this was rectified immediately and we were told by Sandra from Croco Kids Club that this was the worst weather she had experienced in her 20+ years in Turkey, but you can't pin the weather on the hotel. Just book it and don't hesitate coz this hotel is certainly the best 5* star hotel I have stayed in and if I could rate it myself, I would give it 10*. Let me take this opportunity to thank all the staff/team who made our stay pleasant and we look forward to seeing you all next year. We seem to have brought the good weather back to Blighty with us, so we still feel like we are still in Turkey but the sad reality is that it's back to work and also preparing our own food now.lol Let's sign off with the club dance. #singinganddancing

• Stayed June 2014
9 Thank TSibanda
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review and not to forget… that Aqua Fantasy is the “Best Hotel in Turkey”. I am glad i could help you with your room request and i do apologize regarding the bed sheet. This must have been a misunderstanding. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our layout, entertainment, cleaning, staff, as well as the service.
Our entertainment team works very hard to please all ages. Thank you for putting them in the spotlight. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
We thank you again and look forward to your next visit. Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements

My kind regards,
Kathy Nys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Trim, Co.Meath
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I absolutely loved this place. Hubby and I went here with our two boys an 8 year old and 17months old for a week. There were so many things I loved about this resort so I won't bore you and I will keep this brief. Staff were unbelievably and GENUINELY friendly. Food was amazing and there was something for everyone. Despite there being over 4000 people at each meal time, there was never a long wait for anything. Right on the beach. Fantastic children's club, lovely evening entertainment. PLENTY of loungers with cushions through out the resort. A free wifi area in hotel lobby with 6 screens showing various shows. 189 channels on the tv in the room, some of which are in HD and language can be changed to suit the occupant. Rooms made up everyday. Easy to get milk for bed time for our toddler. Waterpark was amazing with the most relaxing wave pool. And I must add, falcon holiday staff were wonderful no question too silly to ask and were helpful and informative every step of the holiday. All in all we had a wonderful break here and will certainly recommend this resort to anyone whether it be a family with children, young couples or even a lone traveller, theres a wonderful and relaxing break waiting for all here. Sorry, that wasn't too short like I hoped :)

Room Tip: If with young children ask to be in 'Club' side, much quieter, literally beside the beach,tr...
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous review about your recent stay at Aqua Fantasy. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our layout and ambience and happy to read that the efforts of our staff were highly appreciated.
We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

My kind regards,
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

we have booked to return to this hotel on july 19th and it cannot come any quicker for me and my family , my brother inlaw and family are travelling to this place for the very first time this is a special place for us and we hope they agree when they get home.
Whilst we are there its mine & the better halfs 1 st anniversary on the 20 th july and on the 24 th its my brother inlaws and we couldnt of picked a more beautiful place to spend it ,so roll on the 19 th july .
ps not yet travelled but had to put a date in for it to submit ???

2 Thank barlows2014
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a fabulous review.
We can’t wait to meet you all in July.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you: kathynys@aquafantasy.com

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just a short review to say that we have returned from our 2nd family holiday at the aqua fantasy and have already booked the 3rd visit for next year

Amazing place!
Fab for kids!
Varied choice of food!
Always get a sunbed at one of the many pools!
Lovely rooms!
Brilliant waterpark!
Fantastic service (thank you Kathy)!
Beautifully kept grounds!

Do not hesitate visiting this place especially if you are a looking for a family holiday
Just wonderful x

Room Tip: The World side is the refurbed side and is more of a hotel, whereas the club side has older décor bu...
4 Thank victoria e
Dear Victoria and family,
Thank you so very much for these beautiful, warm words. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are glad to know that we were able to fulfill all your expectations. I am happy to read that the efforts of our staff in every department were highly appreciated.
I also want to personally thank you for your nice comment, you are more than welcome!
We can’t wait to see you again next year.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is huge with direct beach access. With a huge selection of swimming pools for different age groups there is something for everyone.
The connecting Aqua Park is excellent but the new ride only opens 2 hours after the rest of the rides so it gets very busy. Also for the new ride you have to be 140cm and 14 years old.
The food at the hotel is ok with a variety of dishes but not as good as I've had in Turkey in the past.
Unfortunately the cleaning standards towards our room were pretty poor. The bathroom didn't get clean at all and we had to ask for the sheets to be changed. Also we had a king size bed with only a double quilt??
The guest relation desk is most informative and will answer all your questions.
We booked a meal in the steakhouse which is not part of the all inclusive deal but at 60 lira (around £18), thought it was worth a punt. It was a nightmare. Took the waiter over half an hour to offer us a drink, steak was not brill and dessert didn't turn up so we walked. We did complain and got a 50% discount although for what we received, didn't think it was even worth that.
The hotel overall is clean and tidy with shops for all your genuine fake goods.
Ice cream only free between 12.30pm and 2.30pm otherwise it's 4.5 lira.
To be honest it's a nice hotel but could be better but had a nice time anyway (despite the poor June weather).

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Dwelyn W
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for your informative review. It is good to hear you had a nice time.
Thank you for mentioning our Guest relation department. For any future guests following us on Tripadvisor, know that our team is here to help you. So if you have any questions or if you need anything, please don’t hesitate to come and see us.
I apologize for any inconvenience you might have had, but i do hope to meet you again here in Aqua Fantasy Hotel.
Warrington, England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from a week at the Aquafantasy. We had a pretty average holiday here really although the weather didn't help which obviously isn't the fault of the hotel.
Our room was a family suite situated above the main oasis restaurant and overlooking the main fontana pool. The view was good and I can't fault the room, very modern and clean and nothing broken. In fact I can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel at all, I also can't fault the staff apart from the life guards.
The first choice reps were very good and helpful. The entertainment is not brilliant, the kids disco was ok if your kids are very small, there wasn't much in the way of evening entertainment for over 10's as they weren't allowed to sing in the karaoke, it was adults only. There was a talent show but unless you had been in the kids club you couldn't enter as they had rehearsed it all that morning at club.That said, there is something on every night and it's not going to be to everyones taste.
The day time activities and entertainment are hosted by a big camp,bloke called Simon Sez. Whether you find him funny or not is personal choice.
The food is fairly good for a massive hotel, breads, fruits and salads all good but the hot food not amazing. We ate in the Pearl Bar every lunch as they did fresh noodles and kebabs, plus hot dogs and chips and nuggets and pizzas for the kids, they also did fresh waffles around 5. it is quieter here than in the main restaurants.
The location of the hotel is isolated, 15 mins to the nearest towns in a taxi or dolmus. Kusadasi is a shambles, not nice at all. Selcuk better.
On the first day my daughter had an accident on a water slide at the hotel and broke her front tooth, no ones fault but the life guard was so busy chatting to 3 girls he didn't even notice. In fact we regularly saw the life guards on their mobiles.
The water park is really good. can't fault it.
My low score really is based on the location as if you want to go out and walk somewhere you can't. Also the food for being repetitive and average. And lastly the fact that for an all inclusive so many things were chargeable. Ice creams are extra except for between 12.30 and 2.30, they sell popcorn and candy floss in the evening all extra. the indoor bowling, pool, etc all extra, obviously the arcade machines and also the sand art. Oh and cocktails are extra too.
Our saving grace was the indoor pool as the weather was bad and the indoor pool had a slide and stepping stones and a jacuzzi.
The beach was ok but looks like it is man made, but the pontoon is a good sunbathing spot and a lot of the water sports are included.
The hotel is very multi national which I liked, I met Iranians, Dutch, Germans, other Turkish people.
If you stay here you must do a trip to Ephesus, it's fab, we did the Thomson half day trip as it worked out much the same as doing a taxi, paying on the gate and getting the audio and was less hassle and the guide was lovely.
To conclude, I definitely won't be returning to the Aquafantasy, it's just not special enough and too isolated and big for me and I've been to better all inclusives.

Room Tip: I was very happy with our room as we could see the sea, mountains and the pool. Room 2875
2 Thank Sammyd159
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your informative comments and appreciate all feedback, be that positive or constructive. We are happy to read you had a good holiday and have enjoyed your room, our Aquapark and our service.
I am sorry to hear about your daughter and i hope she is doing beter now. Concerning your comment about our lifeguards, i just want to tell you that we had a meeting all together.
Regarding our all-inclusive concept i believe this is clearly communicated in all the promotional material about the hotel and the brochure/web description.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and have since tried to return but eventually this July we are going back and we all cant wait.We have been on other holidays but by far this is the best and caters for all our family's needs. This time we are flying to Izmir which is closer transfer. The staff are great and the food has something for everyone especially the Pearl Bar during the day the pizza and kebabs are amazing. We also ate in the Steak restaurant which you do have to pay for and I cant wait to eat here again this year. The selection of shops is ample and you really dont need to leave the resort everything is here. The waterpark is fab as it is only a short distance and you can come and go for food back to the hotel. It is great on the beach and you can or choose not to take part in activities no pressure its great for kids we didnt use the kids clubs but plenty for children to do.The room was always clean as is the rest of the resort We really cant wait looking forward to it. See you all soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank A S
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments about the Hotel, the Aquapark and … our staff.
We are all looking forward to see you this July!
Please let us know if we can help you with anything:

Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#30 of 154 in Kusadasi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,107 reviews

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!