“Good Family Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Selcuk
Ashington, United Kingdom
“Good Family Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just came back from this resort , we all had a fab holiday, there was some great points but there is some points that they can and will improve on. The great points was the Aqua park is fab for the kids, the kids club and staff were great to and plenty of choice for the food for everyone and the drinks were brand names the bar staff worked hard and the pool area was always clean and so were the pools . The grounds were also lovely and clean and the other family's that go made our holiday, everyone was friendly and I never heard one word spoke out of order. Now not so good points the tiles around the pool when wet are deadly. The ice cream is limited to 2hrs a day and the entertainment staff for the adults need to do more activities with us and Simon needs to go not only can he not sing or entertain but also I found him rude and full of his self importance. But anyone going here I am sure you will have a great holiday with your family. The weather was lovely too.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view ours was spot on.
1 Thank BarryRowley1969
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read you had a fab holiday and have enjoyed the Aquapark, the Kids Club, our food and our grounds..
I am sorry to read that one of our entertainers did not meet with your expectations. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time.
As you mentioned yourself, we are glad you had a great holiday and hope to meet here in Aqua Fantasy again.

Kind regards,
Kathy Nys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have never left a review for a hotel before but after reading a few negative ones before I went myself I thought it was only right to share my experience. This was our family's first visit with a 15 year old and 3 year old. We were really impressed with every aspect of the facilities and we found the staff extremely helpful and always making sure you have a good time. The choice of pools were great and the access to the water park was an added bonus. The hotel alone would have been more than sufficient for our needs even without the water park. The choice of food was great there was endless quantities of freshly made food with a large variety. We didn't feel the need to use the al a carte restaurants as the buffet was brilliant. On our last day we had to check out at 12pm but we didn't leave till 8pm, although we could have paid to extend our check out there was no need as we had access to very clean showers and could leave our luggage in a staffed room. We were also entitled to access the all inclusive up until we left the resort. It was also re-assuring to know there is a doctors surgery on site. I cannot recommend this place enough and I will be booking to go back next year.

4 Thank Laura P
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words and your recommandation. We are very happy to hear you were impressed with everything we are doing to make our guests happy. Comments like yours gives us all great motivation.
Thank you once again and we hope to meet you again in future!
Kind regards,
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Arrived on the 7th June for a week at this hotel (wasn't long enough!!!) We had emailed the hotel prior to arrival asking for 2 rooms together which we got. Found it to be a really nice hotel,very big took us a few days to find where everything was. The water park is brilliant, plenty of pools 2 choose from aswel in hotel grounds. I found the food OK always found something to eat but didn't feel there was as much choice as previous hotels I've stayed at and also the food quite repetitive. You get 1 free al a carte whilst there we wanted Chinese but it was fully booked so opted for Italian this was nice. The whole place was spotless. The first choice reps are brilliant n are always nearby if you need anything. There's also a swap box were people leave toiletries,books,inflatables,etc which I think is really good we didn't use it but did leave inflatables toiletries at end of our stay. The weather wasn't too good during are stay and rained 3 nights so entertainment was put on in club side above restaurant I personally thought it was to cramped as it filled up quickly so we didn't go.On the nights we did see entertainment it was good, enjoyed the garden party on our last night, all in all had a great holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your inspiring comments. We are very happy to read that you had a “fab” holiday here at Aqua Fantasy.
Your lovely comments about our team and service gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit.

Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

First thing to note is that you need a visa to enter Turkey. It is less expensive to buy this on the internet and it saves you queuing.
Be prepared for flight delays – The cost of anything to eat in Izmir airport is extremely high.
Now to the hotel – transfer time about 50 minutes from Izmir, rate quoted to get a taxi is €75 but you can negotiate this down a little.
Reception was efficient but they do not take you to your room and it can be very confusing to find your way around after a long trip. There is a mini bar including drink, chips and chocolate- sometime they leave chocolate out on the counter which can be a bit tough on the kids – I was also charged for an item we had not taken. I recommend that you ask them to empty or lock the mini bar from the start unless you intend to use it and then it saves all the hassle. They supply tea & coffee in the rooms and a bottle of water daily. Food is available from 7am till 10.30am then from 12.30pm until 10pm and then there is soup and sandwiches served at 12pm so you will not be hungry. Apart from the main restaurant check out the various pool bars they do burgers, hot dogs, kebabs etc at lunch time. Early evening at the Peal bar they do pizza & toasted sandwiches. The hotel is wonderful and without question for variety, range, quality and availability of food this is the best we have every had all inclusive (12th all inclusive holiday). The only comment I would make is the trip we had to the À la carte restaurant – you choose from Turkish, Chinese, Italian for Fish was not up to much. It was pleasant to be served but the quality in the main buffets was just as good. There is also a steak house with an additional charge. You only get one visit to these restaurants per trip no matter how long you are staying. Note all of them except the steak and Chinese are in the same room. Many people have commented on Planet Yakka they try hard to sell this to you around the pool ever day. We went, food ok but not amazing. Good atmosphere but Very expensive. It is cheaper to get a taxi in and out and choose your own restaurant. When eating in the hotel restraints – there are two main ones do check outside as there is always something on a BBQ or spit – Fresh Tuna or chicken on a rotisserie or kebabs, Amazing salads, deep fried ice cream or donuts … the list goes on and on. The hotel supplies beach towels which you can change at the spa or at the beach so you do not need to bring any. Dress is very casual but you are asked to cover up and were shoes in the main restaurants. Note around the main pool there are some areas with new tiles – they are whiter than the main tiles, these are extremely slippy. The gentleman who helped me up after my fall said I was the fifth person to slip that day! Entertainment – for children 3 – 10 / 11yrs the kids club seemed to be very good. We had a 12yr old with us and there seemed to be little or nothing set up for them but with the waterpark available it did not seem to matter much. The evening entertainment is good and if you are not into the “shows” there is usually some music at the beach bar – some of this is fantastic. The main pool is very loud but there are Lots of options so look around if you do not want endless noise and music. Rooms are nice – clean and bright with balconies it does not seem to matter much where you are located as everything is within 10 to 12 minutes walk. Access to the water pack is at the back of the Club section or near the front entrance of the hotel. Do note they have Special rings for little children so they can use some of the slides, there is a small charge but work checking it out but all ages are catered for in the waterpark. The team from the Falcon Thompson were are site most of the time and were helpful But if you are willing to travel to Kusadasi you will find any trip at half the price including pickup … Pickup will be from the security gate rather then the front door of the hotel. Ephesus is very close and worth a visit and the day boat trip from Kusadasi are great value - €15 per adult & €7.50 per child including lunch and non alcoholic drinks. Pickup for these is at 8.40am and back to the hotel 4.30pm, super day as it is lovely and cool at sea. Internet access is poor but be very careful as you will get a big bill if you dont pay for the hotels wifi. Gripe they started hovering outside our room every morning at 8.45am, this was not nice if you wanted a sleep in. Lots of Mosquitoes - come prepared. Tipping at the restaurant and bars makes a big differance to service levels! I would highly recommend the hotel it is a good standard and enough to cover all requirements.

Room Tip: World side nearer to the main pool and activities (& noise). Club side more peaceful. Ask to be...
5 Thank SSL
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Aqua Fantasy.
I am glad you have liked the food, the entertainment and the layout. Thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review about everything. This is precious information for our future guests following us on Tripadvisor.

Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My partner & I have just got back from our 2nd visit to Aqua Fantasy & yet again we have had a great time.
I'll try & keep the review brief, I can't comment or rate the things aimed towards the kids i.e. swimming pools,activities or the entertainment team etc but from what we saw their is plenty of it. Obviously if you don't like children then this isn't the place for you.
But what they do have is a amazing Adults only pool with its own bar & plenty of sun beds for everyone, ideal if your looking for a peaceful area to sunbathe,read a book, or just sit & have a quite coffee.
The water park on site is great although be warned the new ride does have a weight restriction which does involve you being weighed (the only stressful part of my holiday).
The beach is lovely the water is warm & the sunsets are stunning.
The best meal we had was at the Chinese restaurant & if you fancy venturing out then I recommend a night out to planet Yakka the hotel will provide a free taxi to take you & drop you back to the hotel.
If you like a cocktail then go to the swim up pool bar & ask for a 'baileys cocktail' definitely my favourite drink on this holiday : )
The hotel & the surrounding grounds are always spotlessly clean their is always plenty of staff on hand & we found from front reception, waiters, bar staff & cleaners all to be very friendly & polite.
The only tiny negative we found was the evening meals can get a little repetitive hence the reason we ate out 3 night but you most certainly won't starve there is something for everyone & I'am a very fussy eater.
We stayed on the newest part of the complex called the world side which suited us as it was nearest to main pool, 24hr bar & hotel lobby (maybe not suited if you have young children as it can sometimes gets a little noisy).
Looking forward to hopefully our 3rd visit sometime soon.
Top tip : Fly to Izmir airport the transfer is only 45 mins.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kat N
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a motivating comment for all our team, comments like yours shows us that we are on the right track.
Thank you for highlighting our layout and the location of the Hotel, which is a huge plus for our guests being closer to Izmir airport.

We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned back home to England from Turkey and this was our first holiday at this special hotel. Prior to us arriving on the 2nd of June 2014, I emailed Karen Nyas(?) with a request of a room with a garden view and easy access to the pool and upon our arrival we were accommodated in a room that met our requirements. The only downfall with the room, was the hard mattress according to my wife but I found it comfortable myself and the double size duvet on an almost king size bed didn't help either as it didn't cover the whole bed resulting in my wife and myself having a tag of war with the duvet. We reported the 2 problems to our holiday rep, who informed us that she would take immediate action and get things rectified for us as she was also aware of another couple complaining about the small duvet. When we returned to our room, we found that an additional bed sheet had been left on the side of the bed for us(must have been a breakdown in communication) but we didn't let this minor issue affect our holiday and we managed to have a laugh about it. On day 3, we approached our holiday rep and during our conversation about the mattress, the rep informed us that the hotel was more than happy to move us into a different room, but we declined this offer as we had already unpacked and made ourselves at home. I swapped my side of the bed with my wife and this sorted out the problem.lol Enough waffling now and let's focus on the hotel. The hotel staff were all exceptional and seemed to care about the guests and they all had a smile on their face and always at hand to help if needed. Special mention to one of the waiters Murat, who always ensured that all our needs were fully met and we interacted with him on a first name basis. Also a big shout out to Auntie Sandra and her team at Croco Kids Club who provided an outstanding service to all the parents who used their kids club. The Croco Kids club can benefit from having an adventure playground to compliment the hard work being done by Sandra and her team. The hotel was always kept clean to high standards and the facilities were second to none. E our housekeeper always ensured that our room 2515 was kept tidy even if we hadn't requested for her to clean the room. The hotel entertainment led by Simon and the team of various entertainers Sausage, Gemma, Jack Sparrow, Alana, James, Tarzan,etc. to name a few, always kept us entertained in various activities including the club dance which we can't get out of our heads and we were even doing it at the airport yesterday whilst waiting for our plane back to Blighty. Overall experience of the hotel was excellent and for those that don't like to go out of the resort, everything is at your disposal eg, shops, aqua park, beach, but I would recommend that you visit Kusadasi town for your shopping as obviously the prices in the hotel shops are higher than on the high street/market. The food and drinks were in abundance and there's always something for everyone. I know we have just got back, but we are already looking into booking another stay at this beautiful hotel next year and we are also inviting our relatives and their families to share this amazing experience with us. So we will be out in full force next year, but will choose a better time of the year as the weather wasn't too kind to us until the last 5 days of our hotel and we also had downpours which resulted in some parts of the hotel flooding, but this was rectified immediately and we were told by Sandra from Croco Kids Club that this was the worst weather she had experienced in her 20+ years in Turkey, but you can't pin the weather on the hotel. Just book it and don't hesitate coz this hotel is certainly the best 5* star hotel I have stayed in and if I could rate it myself, I would give it 10*. Let me take this opportunity to thank all the staff/team who made our stay pleasant and we look forward to seeing you all next year. We seem to have brought the good weather back to Blighty with us, so we still feel like we are still in Turkey but the sad reality is that it's back to work and also preparing our own food now.lol Let's sign off with the club dance. #singinganddancing

• Stayed June 2014
9 Thank TSibanda
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review and not to forget… that Aqua Fantasy is the “Best Hotel in Turkey”. I am glad i could help you with your room request and i do apologize regarding the bed sheet. This must have been a misunderstanding. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our layout, entertainment, cleaning, staff, as well as the service.
Our entertainment team works very hard to please all ages. Thank you for putting them in the spotlight. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
We thank you again and look forward to your next visit. Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements

Trim, Co.Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I absolutely loved this place. Hubby and I went here with our two boys an 8 year old and 17months old for a week. There were so many things I loved about this resort so I won't bore you and I will keep this brief. Staff were unbelievably and GENUINELY friendly. Food was amazing and there was something for everyone. Despite there being over 4000 people at each meal time, there was never a long wait for anything. Right on the beach. Fantastic children's club, lovely evening entertainment. PLENTY of loungers with cushions through out the resort. A free wifi area in hotel lobby with 6 screens showing various shows. 189 channels on the tv in the room, some of which are in HD and language can be changed to suit the occupant. Rooms made up everyday. Easy to get milk for bed time for our toddler. Waterpark was amazing with the most relaxing wave pool. And I must add, falcon holiday staff were wonderful no question too silly to ask and were helpful and informative every step of the holiday. All in all we had a wonderful break here and will certainly recommend this resort to anyone whether it be a family with children, young couples or even a lone traveller, theres a wonderful and relaxing break waiting for all here. Sorry, that wasn't too short like I hoped :)

Room Tip: If with young children ask to be in 'Club' side, much quieter, literally beside the beach,tr...
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous review about your recent stay at Aqua Fantasy. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our layout and ambience and happy to read that the efforts of our staff were highly appreciated.

Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#29 of 154 in Kusadasi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,029 reviews

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!