“Worth every single penny...”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Selcuk
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Worth every single penny...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hello everyone,

This is the first review I've ever written (yep, the wrapper is now off!) so if it's a bit clumsy, (and wordy) I'll apologise in advance.

We stayed at the Aqua Fantasy Hotel & Spa resort from 30 June for two weeks and I have to say we had the greatest family holiday we've every had. (The reason I was compelled to write this review).

I really can't praise this resort too highly.

We've never stayed anywhere abroad that's been so clean - I read one review where the person was complaining that there are too many cleaners....er.... what!?!?
The cleaners do an incredible job, their hard work allowed our children to pretty much run around for two weeks without the need for shoes (which our 5 year old girl loved!) and not only that, they keep creepie crawlies away because there's nothing to attract them... too many cleaners my eye! I really don't understand the mentality of some reviewers.
Next there'll be complaints about too much beer available on the all inclusive package!

I have to admit, with all-inclusive, you often run the gauntlet a bit with quality versus availability but again Aqua Fantasy delivered with a staggering amount of fresh food every day - fresh kebabs and noodles every lunchtime were a huge hit, fresh omelettes / pancakes / crepes every morning and any number of pastries, with fresh meat / fish / pasta every night... I could go on!
This is one place where you definitely won't go hungry - the kitchen / catering staff do an incredible job.

Ice cream is only available as part of the all-inclusive package for 2 hours a day and while I originally thought we would miss this compared to previous years in Spain etc, we found that the ice-cream was of infinitely better quality from other resorts (not the potted, half melted, mush you often get but real Carte D'or ice-cream...yummy) and because you can pretty much eat from the moment you get up to the time you go to sleep, we really didn't miss the normal deluge of ice-cream that comes with being on an all-inclusive holiday!
The reduced availability meant it actually became a treat to look forward to (as it would be at home) which I found I preferred and I have to say, neither of our kids (8 and 5) complained - they genuinely didn't miss it and grew to look forward to the treat.

The rooms in the hotel were nothing short of excellent (we had a standard family room) which was faultless - the air-con was an absolute godsend and again it was FREE - I had expected and was completely prepared to pay for this luxury. A nice touch was a 2L bottle of water every day in the room - very handy for night-time etc.
There was a mini-bar in the room and although we didn't raid it, the prices were no more expensive than the bar would have been, had we had to pay.

Our room had two flat screen HD TV's in it (one in each bedroom, which is standard for the hotel) and many of the channels provide English as an option (with some fiddling and a little guess-work!) - I got to watch Turbo one evening... (clearly it's the simple things...!)

The Aquapark is awesome!!! Some of the people on Trip-Advisor go on about it being small with huge queues - but compared to what?!?! In the two weeks we were there, the queues sometimes looked long but they are all fast moving and not only that - where do you ever go nowadays where you don't have to queue? This isn't the 1950's.

We booked our holiday through First Choice and found them to be excellent. Admittedly we didn't have any major issues but the one we did have was sorted immediately and with no fuss whatsoever. There was a mix-up with the transfers where we paid for a taxi (2 hours from Bodrum each way!) and when we got there, there was no transfer booked at all - either to the hotel or back to the airport at the end of the holiday. Danielle (the rep at the airport) had us in a taxi within 5 minutes of being presented with the problem and likewise, Pippa at the resort had a taxi waiting to take us back to the airport at the end of the holiday. (Unfortunately, this arrived on the right day - a week later would have been ideal!).

The childrens' entertainment was excellent throughout the holiday with three separate kids clubs (morning, afternoon and evening) and then the entertainment / animation / mini-disco at night.
Our kids only went to the Kids Club a couple of days because there was so much other stuff to do in the complex.
The notable highlight of the entertainment was the 'Smurfs' family animation show - it was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyed by the whole audience. The entertainment team work incredibly hard and how they remember all the kids names is just witchcraft as far as I'm concerned!

First choice offer a selection of excursions leaving directly from the hotel and we went on the Family Cruise - this was incredibly enjoyable and was a really relaxed day - it served as a great change of scenery for us all. On this cruise, both our son and daughter fell in love with Shannon the First Choice rep who went on the cruise with us! They are hoping she is there when they go back next year!!

One thing we did like was that there was a 'swap-box' in the First Choice office - which allowed people to leave and make use of all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff. A simple thing, but a really good idea.

I could go on, but if I write much more, I'll probably get a nose bleed!
This hotel and resort is as the title of this review suggests, worth every single penny you will spend on it and the testament to that is the number of people who go back to it more than once.

We will certainly be back and I for one can't wait.

15 Thank cjddadx2
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review. You have written a fantastic one for your first time? I cannot thank you enough for praising our Hotel the way you have.
Your experience and the way you discribed everything from the Hotel is a huge plus for all our future guests who are following us here on tripadvisor.
We are so happy that all our efforts are appreciated by our guests. This gives us great motivation for the future.
In the name of the Aqua Fantasy Team i want to thank you again! We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Kathy Nys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gorgan, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my friend and our families were in aquafantasy for one week. that was our 3rd time in that hotel and again everything were great and lovely. Our children were very happy there and aquapark was amazing. Food was OK but a little repetitive. One of the waiters , named" Murat Bacinoglu" I think, is a very kind and polite person. That was a good vacation and we will come back again next years.

Room Tip: Rooms at main building and VIP suites
2 Thank Saman G
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for your short and motivating moment. It is so nice to hear you had a great holiday. For our guests following us on tripadvisor, don’t forget that we offer Prestige cards for our return visitors.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Well we arrived back in the uk last night at 7pm and this afternoon we have been in and rebooked for next year. This will be our third visit to Aqua Fantasy and we cannot wait.
3 years ago we visited for 11 nights and this time we went for 14 as we loved it so much and we were not disappointed.
We flew into bodrum as couldn't get decent flights to Izmir and although the transfer was long it wasn't yo bad and we did have a comfort stop on the way at beautiful Batha Lake. We had previously emailed the hotel asking for a room on the second floor on World side over looking one of the pools but when we got there we had been put in one of the rooms overlooking the "stream" at the back and for those who have never stayed here befor... It stinks. We went straight back to reception and they moved us no quibble to another room overlooking the pond by the Irish bar and this was lovely.
As before the hotel and grounds were spotless and the staff were lovely we made good friends with our maid and she would make boats on the children's beds from their sheets for them and put my youngest sons teddy to bed for him.
We spent most of our time by the Fontana pool as we made friends with a group of others and our children were more than happy splashing about. They went to kids club a few times and my eldest who is 12 became a regular at football training with Messi. We would break up the day by going over to the water park for a couple of hours, or to the beach for the pedalos.
We went into kusadasi by dolmas on the Wednesday to the market, however this was a lot smaller than the last time we went, but we got some great bargains and came back with 9 football strips from all over the world for 235 TL (about £65).
We did a couple of excursions, one one the lazy day cruise (£87 for the 4 of us) this was a full day out all inclusive food and drink with 3 stops for swimming and jumping off the boat. We loved this although the water slide built onto the boat gave me a slight case of whiplash it was so fierce lol. The other trip we did was to the dolphin show and this was wonderful. I got to stroke a sealion :) I would have liked to swim with the dolphins but at 300TL it wasn't something I'd budgeted for but will definitely do next year.
We went to Planet yukka this time and that was well worth it as they also take you to and from kusadasi which is normally 35TL each way and you are able to go mooching around the shops afterwards too. The food was lovely.
You get a visit to one of the ala carte restaurants per visit and we went to the steakhouse as couldn't get into the Chinese but I'm so glad that we did as the food was fantastic and the small amount we had to pay was well worth it. Cesim was our waiter and he really interacted with our boys. It was a lovely evening.
Onto the entertainment.... It is what you make it. Some people don't take to Simon Sez but we loved him and some of the things he and the entertainment team did were hilarious. They work such long hours and are always smiling. We loved Jack Sparrow and were regulars at Krazy darts and the other poolside games that were held. They would start at 9:30 ish and would still be going at 11pm or later. The evening entertainment was family orientated and something's were not to our taste, but that was not an issue as there were loads of other options, however some of the shows and games were fantastic, especially the Michael Jackson tribute. The food was lovely, to be honest at the end of 2 weeks I was fed up of eating lol.
If I had to make any negative comments, it would be about the rudeness of some of the guests especially from other countries and didn't think twice about barging in front of you in queues or pushing past the children and also in the busier periods it is sometimes hard to get a sunbed. The first week we were there there were no problems, but into the second week there was an influx of guests and beds were being reserved really early.
Anyway these are very minor issues and we loved our holiday so much we've booked to go again.
Ps just a small tip, you don't need to fill your suitcases with towels as there is a towel service provided, so save your space in your luggage for you shopping bargains

Room Tip: World side is newer... don't over look the stream or have a room above the lobby bar as it can b...
7 Thank Kerry S
D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and your recommandation. We are very happy to hear you had a fantastic holiday!
We are happy to hear you liked the restaurants, the steak House and layout.
I am happy you mentioned our location being close to Kusadasi and that you went on some of the excursions. There is a lot to see around the Hotel.
Thank you for highlighting our entertainment. It means a lot to all of them.
We can’t wait to welcome you back next year!
North east Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Love love love Simon he makes the holiday for our family

He needs to have more say over the entertainment as one night the comedy show was laughable for all the wrong reasons. People were walking out rather peeved it was that pants.

My 12 year old son was able to get beers from the bar. This obviously was an issue for us as a family (he brought them to us for us but that's not the point)

the food is a bit rubbish day in day out. But we all managed to eat well even the fussy one in the family was happy enough.

The staff (all of them) are friendly approachable and sweet.

The first choice reps are amazing. Guest relations are fab.

We will hopefully go back again for a 3rd time if prices don't soar like they appear to be doing.

The rooms were beautiful and spacious

I miss being there. Perfect for families

We never had to leave the complex

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous review about your recent stay here at Aqua Fantasy. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our ambience and happy to read that the efforts of our staff were highly appreciated.
We all thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back in future.
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great place with excellent facilities,food is ok but a little repetitive,if you want a decent drink then you have to pay,the all inclusive beer is very weak!.the turkish shave I had from the club side was poor,was in and out in 5 mins and cost me 30tl,.the best night entertainment wise was the beach party on wednesday night and also the turkish belly dancers,the entertainment is aimed at little kids really,mine are 15,14,and 12 and didn't enjoy it,the water park is the reason we booked,there is lots to do there but the que gets annoying and long winded.The beach is nice and soft but the sand is so fine that it makes the water cloudy and not very clear,but the sea is very warm and shallow all the way to the end of the pier,I don't want to put anyone off but after reading so many good reviews I was expecting much more,I feel that the place is all geared up to make as much money from you as possible,in the water park you can only pay for drinks on your room card and not with lira,and I feel it lacks a bit of the personal touch from management,upon arrival at my last resort(Palm Wings Beach Resort Altinkum)the coach was welcomed off and greeted with a refreshing cocktail and when leaving the manger came out shook our hands and wished us a safe trip,a simple gesture but shows their appreciation,I would recommend to families with children 12 or under but if you have £4k to spend try Palm Wings Beach Resort,top class resort.

3 Thank Lee F
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments about the facilities, the food and the beach.
I am sorry to read that our entertainment concept did not meet with your expectations. Regarding your kids age, we have a fantastic Teenage club run by 'Tarzan' from 10 am to 10pm, 6 days a week.
Regarding our all-inclusive concept i believe this is clearly communicated in all the promotional material about the hotel and the brochure/web description.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Returned yesterday after staying for two weeks.
Where do I start , had the most amazing holiday 16 of us went in total ranging from two up to 55 and each and everyone of us want to return next year,
The hotel is spotless, all the staff are pleasant and helpful. Rooms are spacious.
The entertainment team work so hard, there is Aunty Sandra and her team with the kids club. Tarzan for the teens and I really need to mention Simon, Alisa, Jack Sparrow ,Gemma, James , Armani , Jerri, Ersa and last but not least Sosige who work from 10am until midnight and really are a talented bunch.
Can understand why people return time and time again.
Keep up the good work .Hope to see you all next year.

3 Thank Lynda R
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire Aqua Fantasy Team thank you very much for these wonderful compliments and your recommandation. We are very pleased that we could meet all your expectations and we are delighted with your comments!
We are also happy to read you enjoyed the layout, our staff and not to forget…our animation team!
Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday!.

fife
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have just spent two weeks here with my husband and two teenagers 15 and 14, the hotel is beautiful and spotlessly clean. Staff are friendly (but as always with Turkish men, a bit too friendly with the girls). The aqua park is great and not overly busy. Restaurants were ok with something for everyone, although food didn't last long and queues formed waiting on something to eat.
Downsides for us were firstly lack of good entertainment, simon sez is straight from 70s, no entertainment for teenagers and no real reason to stay at the pools. All inc wasn't really that as food only available at certain times and not after 930 pm unless you want hot soup at 1230! Although you can use overpriced mini bar! Staff were reluctant to give ice in drinks and many of the female bar staff did not speak English therefore couldn't tell you if you had any alcohol in your drink. Guest relations and reception staff (except for Aaron) also had poor English therefore hard to communicate any issues. It was Definately a nice holiday but nowhere near the best I've had

Room Tip: Free wifi available in free wifi lobby but is often not working but paying for wifi didn't guar...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alyaudbod
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments about the Hotel, the Aquapark and … our staff. You made Aaron very happy!
I am sorry to read that our entertainment concept did not meet with your expectations. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time. But i just would like to mention that the vast majority of reviews are extremely complimentary about our animation and entertainment department.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in future.
Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#28 of 154 in Kusadasi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,028 reviews

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!