“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just back from a 2 week holiday with my husband and 9 year old daughter. Fab hotel, food was of a very high standard,alot of choices were made fresh I front of you, good selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner, pancakes are fantastic at breakfast. Pearl snack bar does the best kebabs in the afternoon, but there is usually and queue, but worth it. Highlight of the holiday for our daughter was the kids club, Erin LOVED LOVED LOVED auntie Sandra, Sarah and Ozzy, they do a fab job running the kids club and my daughter couldn't wait to go to the clubs, best hotel kids club I have ever seen and those girls deserve their weight in gold. The water park is dab as well, and it's on the hotel premises, but your all inclusive isn't included in Waterpark, but you literally walk 100m and ur at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families. Also would recommend going for a Turkish bath in the hotel Spa, it was great. A 5 min walkalong the each every Sunday there is a small market, definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Club side (I think) and the rooms were gorgeous
3 Thank 551Julie1973
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words and your recommandation. We are very happy to hear you were impressed with everything we are doing to make our guests happy. Comments like yours gives us all great motivation.
Thank you once again (especially from our Kids Club team) and we hope to meet you again in future!
Kathy Nys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed there for three days/ Rooms were clean and staff was wonderful. Food was average for Turkish but wonderful for a european or american. most of the rides were for 120cm and taller children. The safety was very enough and there are too many lifeguards and constently were advising and helping guests. The beach was also very safe and clean. animation team was also good. 3 or 4 days was enough for us. But I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: club rooms were better and nearer to every thing
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your short and inspiring comment. We are very happy to read about “the best family Hotel”here at Aqua Fantasy.
Your lovely comments about our team and service gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit. Thank you for noticing everything we are doing to keep our guests safe.
We look forward to welcoming you all back once again next year.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We just arrived back after a 2 week visit and must say I can not find fault with 99% of the stay. The 1% is tiny issues and something the hotel could work on.

Food - 14 days and not one meal that bored or made me want to try one of the restaurants that you pay for. I honestly could not see the point with such a lovely buffet selection every evening. Oh sorry we did try the Chinese. Very nice but would not worth paying for. This was our free visit ☺

Staff - Excellent restaurant staff. Irish bar down stairs Onur was great and loved the interaction with guest. Cleaners great and none stop....that is probably my first complaint. Cleaners start at 8am and will talk, vacuum and knock door. Our lady replacement on her day off even knocked the door with do not disturb on the handle. Then when we said please come back later she said "No" "Tomorrow" this was sorted later at reception. Reception staff nice and we never had any issues that they could not help with. Without going on... all bar, house keeping, restaurant, life guards etc all excellent.

Kids Club. Firstly thank you to Aunty Sandra and Team. Brilliantly well run, fun and professional. They always smiled and made every child special.

Entertainment - all the staff work so hard but I feel the hotel let them down by asking for too much. Simon should be a frontman all the time and then at least twice or three times a week professional acts brought in. This is no way a reflection on the staff because they try so hard and I still enjoyed it.

Gym - Handy but 4 or more machines broken and the water and towels not there before 8. Vital to fools like me training on holiday.

Really handy to get free towels daily and changed when required for pool and beach. Really handy!

My basic summary is 4 star yes without a doubt. To make it to a 5 star will just need that little extra but maybe we can see if we get to go back next year.

Last thing. Tip if you can, the staff deserve the respect and it often helps to get that little extra service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Matt H
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous and valuable review about your recent visit to Aqua Fantasy Hotel.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are glad to know that we were able to fulfill all your expectations. I am happy to read that the efforts of our staff in every department were highly appreciated. We have a huge team who are working very hard every day to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you all back once again next year.

Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the 2nd time for 1 week on the 12th July we all had a fantastic time we got 10% discount with loyalty card as it was our second visit handy for paying off mini bar or water park purchases all the staff work so hard always cleaning up grounds and pool areas kept spotless food was excellent plenty of fresh salad, fruit, breads, desserts we always found something we liked had a visit to steakhouse 70 Turkish lira for 2adults 2 kids well worth visit couldn't get Chinese so book early when you arrive kids clubs seemed great all work extremely hard though we didn't use my kids loved the slides and spent most of time water park which is first class shows in evening were good usual for holidays you can pay for things in euro or Turkish lira food at Izmir expensive all in all we will return some day to this resort thanks to all for making our holiday special yet again the Sayers family room 2117 hopefully see you again some day

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank A S
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for these beautiful, warm words. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are glad to know that we were able to fulfill all your expectations.
We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.
kathynys@aquafantasy.com

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ok this was our 1st time to this hotel we went with family that had been before. And my 1st impression of the hotel were very clean and tidy, we were there for 2weeks stay and must say the staff at the hotel are very friendly although the receptionists not to knowledgeable but guests relations helped out, the food was very good and the à la carte was very good, the entertainment team were very good and a big thanks to jack sparrow, gemma, james, simon, sausage and jerry for all the fun and games, also the water sports on the beach where very good and enjoyed getting dragged behind the boat even tho some times im sure they were trying there best to make us fall off, lol. The water park was good but like most people say the queues for some of the rides were very long would be nice if all the rides opened at 9,
while there also went to the markets in the towns and did try the planet yucca again could not fault the sevice recived from them free transport to them and then back even alowed to go shopping.
but overall very good holiday.

1 Thank Allan M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay. . I am also happy to read that the efforts of our staff in every department were highly appreciated.
Thank you once again and we hope to meet you again next year!
Landskrona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our second visit to Aquafantasy, first visit in June last year. I think that the fact that we return directly is a good a sign as any.... My husband, nephew aged 13 and me spent two weeks here in the World part of the hotel, larger family room with dividing doors. Due to a strike at Copenhagen airport we were 3-4 hours late and arrived at 5 AM in the morning, but the check in was very quick and efficient. Hotel staff helped us carry luggage to room directly! Perfect! As we where here last year, we knew a little which part of the hotel we wanted to stay at and had contacted the front desk about it. They very efficiently obliged and we had an even nicer location of our room than last year.

This is a perfect hotel for families with children all ages. They arrange a lot of activities for all ages. The animation team is great and hard working! My nephew took part, daily, in the Chill out club under the supervision of NAZAR our Nordic travel agent. He loved it, so much that we hardly saw him!

I have a long review from last year, nothing have changed from that with the satisfaction I have with the hotel, but there are a few changes. The newspaper doesn't come anymore. It is broadcasted on the TV, which would work fine if it wasn't for two things; a/ Sometimes the tv-set doesn't work very well and b/ They don't change the programme until about 11 AM. That means that the mornings activities are yesterdays. For me wanting to take part in the yoga that was a bit confusing the first few days. So a suggestion for improvement would be to have two newsletters or update the newsletter earlier in the day.

Another change was the evening shows. Last year the shows were grander, this year they had changed the format. No more circuses or shaolin munks. It was mostly animation team (luckily the FANTASTIC fire show and its fire works was on the programme) internal shows. My nephew loved it - we not as much. The children's shows are great and Auntie Sandra still does an amazing job. How she can remember all those names, I cannot understand! But there were smaller entertainment, like the very good guy with his guitar and oldies night in the Beach Bar.

The pools are still fantastic, we actually didn't make it to the water park this year, due to the fact that Nazar went there with the kids. So, much more time spend at the adults pool! This is perfect: A quiet pool, no one under 18 allowed, even though a few got through the net, no music, a nice bar and plenty of sunchairs and parasols. Good size pool too, it was!

Always very clean and neat; Toilets cleaned around pools and in the public areas. Drinks cleared away around the pool almost hourly. Plenty of sun chairs. Of course, many are taken early, but if you get there before 9 AM you will find good sets. You do not have to jump out of bed at the break of down to get a place by the pool :-)

Also, the food is good here. Always things to choose from. Even though it isn't French cuisine, the food is generally plentiful and well presented. What would be nice for the kids were if they could have ice cream as a dessert option in the evenings.

Would I go with a family again? Definitely! Would I go with my husband again? Maybe. This hotel has so much to offer that a couple can enjoy this place too. Especially with the adults pool on the map you can get the peace and quiet you won't have around some of the other pools.

Room Tip: Get a room on 2nd or 3rd floor to get more privacy!
2 Thank NillaJ
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous review about your recent stay here at Aqua Fantasy. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our layout and ambience and happy to read that the efforts of our staff were highly appreciated.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.
Alkmaar, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent 10 days at the Aquafantasy hotel and I want to write a honest review about my experience in this hotel.
I travelled with my husband, my mother and 3 kids, 14 years, 12 years and 19 months.
I want to keep it as short as possible so I will write a list of the positive and negative aspects,starting with the positive ones:

the garden in beautiful
the weather was perfect
there is plenty to do for the kids
all the swimming pools have a safety gate for small kids
there are enough slides and games to do for kids of any age
there are always free beds by the swimming pool
the animation team is present but not pushy
the entertainment in the evening is good
there is enough choice of food at the buffet
there is a kid buffet
the miniclub looks fantastic and the girls working there do an excellent job , we did not use it but I observed them because I was often with my toddler in the swimming pool near the club
the place is so big that it never feels crowded.

Negative aspects:
Even if they are always busy cleaning the floor and the garden and the place looks clean the machines for the coffee or the drinks were dirty, they were not well taken care of.
the quality of the food is very average. Not a 5 star.
the restaurant opens at 12.30 which was a problem with a toddler awake since 6 and in need of a nap.
the airco system works in a horrible way and you can either freeze or cook in the rooms that were really really hot.
we were in the room 1254 and we were close to evertyhing but we were kept awake till 2.00 in the morning from the loud music on the beach. if we closed the window and we started the terrible airco, the room was a freezer. we all came back with a cold.
even if we were our from 8 to 12 in the morning the room was never done when we came back and the roommaid was always coming by around the nap time so we had to ask her to come back later. two days the room was not done at all.
the foldable bed broke and when we asked for a new one (and got it) it broke again, our son had to sleep with the mattrass on the floor.
last but not least, but not Hotel's responsability, the flight was 2 hours late on the way to Turkey AND on the way home, we were NOT happy with Arke service.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep don't take a room in the builing with 1254 because you will be kept awake b...
1 Thank Silvana_I_12_12
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read you had a fab holiday and have enjoyed the pools, the entertainment, our food and our grounds.
I am sorry to read of some issues you had in your room. For your information and for our future guests, we have a Guest relation department at your service for anything you need. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time.
Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#30 of 155 in Kusadasi
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,104 reviews

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!