Stayed at Aqua fantasy for 14 nights from 28th July to 11th August.
Travelled as a family of 4 with 2 children age 11 and 8 and we all loved it!
Being a large hotel it was very busy, but this suited us at there was lots of things to do and lots of variety of pools, bars and restaurants/ snack bars to choose from.
The hotel has two sides - world and club. Both lovely, the only difference was the different style bedrooms/accommodation
We stayed in the world side (room 2102) on the ground floor.
Room was a family room with partition from min bedroom to annexe which had a double sofa bed and a single. This led to balcony with table and chairs and a clothes dryer (very handy!)
Ample wardrobe and storage space (we don't travel light!) but lacked coat hangers so take so e with you if you like to hang lots of clothes.
The bathroom was modern and clean and hand and bath towels are provided and changed daily.
Air conditioning was great, worked fine. Top tip - electricity does not work when you are not in your room so make sure you charge electrical items overnight. The beds were made daily and the room cleaned every other day. There is a mini bar in the room but is additional charge and quite expensive but we didn't need to use it. You are provided with a 2lt bottle of water per day per room which was handy.
Two main buffet restaurants - tropicana and oasis.
Both very similar, both very busy! Food variety and quality was excellent, we didn't get bored. Lots of staff monitoring and serving the food and irked the fact that staff wore gloves to serve, demo started high hygiene standards.
You could help yourselves to drinks or waiters would serve you at the table.
We ate mostly at tropicana as it was next to the ampitheatre so my daughter could watch the evening entertainment while we finished our meal in peace!
We also ate at the al a carte Italian, sea food and steak restaurant, all really good and cheap! Steak restaurant well worth a visit (£6 for a 5 course meal with drinks) and just added a bit of variety to the two weeks.
The pearl bar is where we had lunch most days- in fact my children were never out of it! Served from 1230 to 5 everyday, serving, pizza, spag Bol, chicken nuggets, burgers, toasters, hot dogs, kebabs, stir fry, salad, fruit, Cakes. At 230 everyday they served sweet waffles, with chocolate, syrup, strawberry sauce - a real hit with my kids! There was another snack bar but we didn't eat at this but I think it served the same things.
Lots of bars scattered around all the pools and beach so always readily available drinks.
This was only free 1230 to 230 everyday from the two main restaurants but this was ample. You could buy ice cream at other times if you wanted.
7 different pools to choose from so you can't go wrong! We used the mAin pool on the world side as it was nearest our room but they all looked lovely. Smaller pools with slides for younger kids too. My children even used the indoor pool as this had a slide and an escape from the heat!
You had to put your towels out before 830am if you wanted a sun bed! This is something I don't like doing! However as everyone did it I didn't feel guilty about it! We never had a problem getting
a sun lounger by the pool and there were always ones available on the beach too. Pool towels are provided and I changed these for clean jones every 3 days.
Something different every day/night. Lots of water stuff in the day (we didn't bother!) and always a childrens show at night at 830pm until about 1030pm. Usually disco, karaoke, bingo, live entertainment for families from 1030 in one of the bars (this is all well advertised on boards). The foam party on the beach was great too!
Absolutely great! Opens at 1030 u until 545. Lots of greAt slides and pools for all ages. There was only one slide that was 140cm restriction most of the others were 120cm so most kids age 5/6+could use them.
Separate entrance for hotel guests and you could come and go as you pleased. Not all inclusive in the water park but this was not a problem for us, we just nipped out for a drink if we needed one. We used to go to the water park at 4pm most days and spend the last 2 hours. There was a bit of queing but it is summer holidays and was expected. Watch the Q jumpers though (not British I have to say!). Never had a problem getting a sunbed in the water park either.
There's lots more I could say, I could go on for ages but all I all this was a fab hotel, fab staff, very clean, high standards, great variety, perfect family holiday. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family. We had a wonderful, relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk
- Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA Turkey/Izmir Province