“Beautiful Resort”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 2 September 2014

It is beautiful resort next to beach but most of rooms doesn't have sea view rooms. I would rank this facility four star and not five star. However, you will not get bored here due to several ongoing activities specially during night time. Me and my family really enjoyed it and specially the foods are excellent.

2  Thank sharaf2
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your short and inspiring comment. We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and you have enjoyed our food.
Your lovely comments about our activities gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you all back once again next year.
My kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Aqua fantasy hotel is well worth a visit. The hotel staff are very hard working and polite, and are constantly tidying and cleaning. Our room overlooked the adult pool which is in a quiet location which was perfect for us. The room was clean and thoroughly cleaned daily on the two weeks we were there. You cant drink the water out of the tap here, and a large bottle of water was delivered daily to our room. You have tea and coffee making facilities but you need to buy the milk from the mini bar or shop on the complex.The food was lovely and I managed to eat a different meal every day . We were booked on an early all day vacation and I asked for a breakfast box due to food allergies.I was informed that the hotel does not provide these for their guests, despite other 5 star hotels Iv stayed in before having this service. However after explaining my food intolerances and my fear of not finding suitable breakfast while in the local community, a fruit platter and some wine was delivered to my room which was a nice touch. In the restaurant all food was labelled so you could see what you were eating.The restaurant gets very busy but we always found a table and the staff were very helpful. We spent most of our time around the main pool where Simon, Jack and Sausage entertained us, I felt very safe in this environment and you could happily leave your belongings by the pool without fear they would be stolen. I see on another recent write up that there is a complaint about some drunken English behaviour. This did not appear to be typical of the hotel, and it appeared to of been taken care of quickly after a couple of days . The foam party was brilliant, and we also had some professional pictures taken by the photographers based on the complex which were well worth the money. The only down side were the sand fly s and mosquitoes that put us off spending time on the beach, however the hotel does try to deal with this issue by spraying the area in the evening.The entertainment in the theater was fantastic when Simon was doing all the interactive stuff with the audience, however when watching the shows I felt as did others that the management should hire some outside professional acts, especially considering it is a five star resort. When you visit the local market you can pick up some excellent bargains. We bought Vans for ten English pounds and Ugg boot all genuine fakes of course for twenty English pounds.Take English money as well as TL. When buying shoes always check that both shoes are the same size. When buying T shirts even if in the packet take them out and check the sizes or like us you may get home and find out that some of the ones you bought are not the size you agreed. I would love to go back to this resort however due to the new school holiday rules it appears the prices have gone up an awful lot and this will probably put a few people including myself off going back. Bonus points to the First Choice team for their swap box in their office.This is a box where people leaving will leave books, sun creams inflatables ect for others to use and borrow, excellent idea..

Room Tip: Quiet areas of the hotel are around the adult only pool. There is a separate entrance to the water p...
6  Thank middleparker

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review and for your recommandation. It is so precious to us to know, how much our hard work and the efforts of our staff are appreciated by so many guests.
Your lovely comments about our food, our team and service gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit.
Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements
kathynys@aquafantasy.com

My kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed here for last two weeks in August. Flights were good but transfer was a bit too long,2 1/2 hours! Stopped halfway going but none stop on homeward journey. This was far too long! Hotel was very modern and well laid out. Plenty of swimming pool choices and sun beds,but get up early (6.45am)to reserve your bed. Take no notice of the no reserving notices no one else does! Food was very good most days. We were not so keen on some of the theme nights,especially the Mexico night. We have been to Mexico and it was nothing like! Entertainment was mainly for kids and was exactly the same as Mexico,Dom rep,Greece,Spain,Tunisia and probably most other all inclusive destinations. Is there a international university churning out the same old entertainers doing the same old entertainment programme? Rooms were partly cleaned (found a half inch of dust on top of headboard! Bed sheets were wrapped round the mattress and mattress cover was left on bed to use as a sheet???? Over all this was a nice hotel but I wouldn't go again. Not a patch on Louis Phaethon,Cyprus. Biggest complaint from the kids was ice cream for only half of the day?? Why?? Beach was ok but sand was a little strange (clingy like mud!). Wasps around the soft drinks dispensers was a little worrying. I got a wasp in my drink on a few occasions! I was careful but children are not always. I could easily see someone taking a drink and getting a wasp in there mouth!!!!!!! SCAREY or what! THE WATERPARK was excellent. Could not fault it at all! All the slides including the little kids slides were brilliant!! The Aquapark made the holiday much better than it would have been were it just the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank janpaul2

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you liked our layout and our Aquapark.
I'm sorry to hear you found the service poor in the room and I will be addressing this.
I am also sorry to read that our entertainment concept did not meet with your expectations. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time.
Thank you once again and we hope to meet you again next year!

Reviewed 1 September 2014

went there for a weeks holiday may 2013 as it had a water park - staff very friendly - no English all German the main reason we went was the water park and thought kids would make friends - you had to come out of hotel and then then go to water park - this is open to the public which i found quite worrying as one of the hotel staff warned us not to let the kids go over there on their own they are 13 & 14 as a few girls had been grabbed by the Turkish lads!!!!! every day Germans took all the sunbeds even though there are signs everywhere saying that towels would be removed - staff and food lovely

Room Tip: would never go back,
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jackie19632014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed our food and our staff.
I want to make clear that we do have German guests, but most of our guests are English.
Also for your information and for our future guests following us on Tripadvisor we have a special entrance to the Aquapark for our Hotel guests, so no need to come out of the Hotel to go there. We do have guests coming from outside, but as we have lifeguards all over the park and security walking around, this is a very safe place.
I am sorry to read that you had some issues with the sunbeds. We do have several pools, a nice beach and not to forget our Aquapark.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, kept mainly very clean and tidy. The food was good for an all inclusive hotel. The free beer was surprisingly tasty. There is plenty choice of pools (but get up early to get a sunbed!). The waterpark was great fun with a few unusual rides, drinks in the park were VERY expensive, so make sure you use the snack bar I the hotel instead. There were a few negatives: it was very busy and had a few stereotypical Brits that drank too much and very loud.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank RobbieSloth
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are happy to hear you have enjoyed our food, the beer, the pools and the waterpark.
We can’t wait to welcome you back next year!

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have recently returned from a 2 week holiday at the aqua fantasy, the transfer to the hotel was long but we were aware of this when we booked. Upon arrival we were greeted by several staff that helped us with our bags and served us fresh orange which was beautiful. The check in was fast and we were advised to quickly go to the restaurant before it closed and then the butlers would show us to our room which we did. Our room was in the main building (2234) and was clean and modern but maybe a little on the small side for a family room. The rooms are well equipped with free toiletries and tea/coffee although the milk is chargeable from the mini bar, the room was restocked with a large bottle of water each day. Overall the room was good but the bed we found very hard and uncomfortable, we also asked for extra blankets as the room was cold at night even with the air con switched off but it was no problem to the maid.
The pools are fantastic, many to choose from and although you did have to reserve your sun beds most days there were some free, the slides in the pool are fantastic and we're perfect for my children. We visited the aqua park 2 or 3 times, it was disappointing that you had to pay for a seat pad for younger children if they were too small for the slides as surely these should be free. We brought drinks in the aqua park and they were around £2 for a can of pop, you can go out and have a drink in the main hotel but you are not allowed to take them in. We found the food in the hotel to be really nice, as with all all inclusive it does get a little repetitive but it was certainly one of the best we have been too. We paid for a meal in the steak house restaurant which is always chargeable but it was less than £10 each for 4 courses! And was very nice. We also went to the Chinese a la carte twice as it was so nice, very fresh and the best sweet and sour chicken I've had!
I had to visit the doctor while away and he was very nice, they arranged for us to go to the clinic without hassle.
I would also recommend visiting planet Yukka, it is a small restaurant in the town centre, it is right in the centre of the shops and free transport is provided there and back. Figo is round the pools every day with their menu, the food was lovely and quite reasonable (not cheap) but the portions are big! We found it better to go to planet yukka with the transport to do our shopping as the taxi cost 35tl each way anyway.
The entertainment team work so hard, all day and all night, the shows were great but were on a little late (9.30), the kids club is fantastic auntie Sandra and Sarah were my boys favourite!
Overall I would rate this hotel as a 4*, some negatives were that the cocktails are not in the all inclusive! the fresh orange juice in the restaurant was chargeable! the ponies were not there anymore but it does not say in the brochure the bowling is quite expensive and the carte dor ice cream that is all around the resort is chargeable the free chocolate/vanilla ice cream is only served between 12.30-2.30.
These negatives were nothing that spoilt our holiday and I'm sure we will visit again in the future.

4  Thank Hayley H

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review. It is fantastic to hear you had a fantastic family holiday here in Aqua Fantasy. We are happy to hear your comments regarding the rooms, the pools, the food and the service.
A word about the drinks – those included in the AIl Inclusive package are brands that are produced locally. International drinks do not form part of the package, again this is as advertised prior to booking. If guests are expecting a full range of international drinks then you will be disappointed, however, if its more alcohol you are after then just ask the barman to serve you a stronger drink. A wider selection of imported brands can also be purchased from the bar.
Sandra and Sarah will be pleased to hear how much your boys enjoyed the entertainment. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time.
Thank you also for your nice comments about the Aquapark and the restaurants. It is nice to hear all our effort is appreciated by our guests.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our second stay at Aquafantasy as we had been before in May 2011 when it was a little cooler & the outdoor pools had not had chance to warm with the sun, plus in the May, we needed a thin cardigan as it did get pretty nippy by 9pm...so wanted to return in the height of summer....

Will try & make this review as honest as possible from our viewpoint..

The first thing is the transfer time if you fly into Bodrum rather than Izmir....it takes nearly 3 hours on the coach (including a 20 minute comfort break) we didn't really mind this, but does make it a long day of travelling. !!

We were not disappointed with the holiday as a whole....I think this hotel offers a little of something for everyone....It has all the regular kids clubs with entertainment, although with our being nearly 13 & 11, they did not want to do too many of the activities....The entertainment team did offer a lot of activities throughout the day without being too pushy & appreciated when you wanted to relax also....They work very hard and Simon is one of the nicest, inoffensive people you are likely to meet & adds a really lovely light-hearted atmosphere & always listens to guests & takes on board ideas - Jack Sparrow recognised us on arrival & I was also amazed to hear him saying to a few other guests that he recognised them from such and such year, which just goes to prove, they show interest in their guests.....Although they work amazingly hard, I do think that the evening adult entertainment could be improved slightly by having outside acts appearing (eg) we have paid less for other holidays who have brought in outside tribute bands or reptile shows, etc.... However most shows were good & fun to join in & the Foam Party & Beach Party were brilliant.....(downside to this is every time we seemed to go near the beach/beach bar, we were bitten horrendously by Mosquitos or Sand Mites)...The hotel actively try to help with this & spray the areas but take plenty of repellant...

The hotel itself provides a variety of food that can cater for most peoples needs - the only thing I had to do was bring my own milk as I'm lactose intolerant....but the food was of a good standard...The drinks are all ok except the morning orange juice is more like orange cordial unless you pay extra for freshly squeezed....

For those of you wanting to stay somewhat fit whilst on holiday, there is a gym & wellness centre & they eve have a run route marked out through the complex that is 2km long, so if you don't bring any Garmins etc, you know how far you have run

The waterpark is very good and has a selection of rides for everyone - although if staying in Aquafantasy, make sure to eat & drink prior to or after your visit to the park as their food & drink is not included in All Inclusive....
We are hoping to return, however the only downside for us now is the tour company prices that seem to be rising each year & especially in light of this new law that states you can-not take children out of school.....unless prices start to come down we may very well not be returning, but would definitely recommend this holiday !!

6  Thank Amanda1906

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review on Trip Advisor saying what a lovely family holiday you had; myself and the rest of the team agree it is a place that offers a little of something for everyone! We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed a great holiday.
The staff do work hard at giving the best possible service and will be pleased to hear how much they are appreciated. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to your return visit.
Kathy Nys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Sunis Efes Royal Palace Resort Hotel & Spa
Ramada Resort Kusadasi & Golf
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#32 of 155 in Kusadasi

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!