I took my 16 year old son to Aqua Fantasy from 2nd to 9th July 07. This is definitely not a 5 star Hotel. I have been to All Inclusive Hotels and have never seen such disgraceful service as we had in the 2 main Restaurants! The plates and cutlery were never clean. The waiters weren't particularly interested and never re-set the tables unless we asked them to and there were hundreds of people using these restaurants every meal time so as the tables were used, they were just left with no cutlery and none left out for guests to take to their table.
The A.I. drinks only included vodka, beer, wine, a few cocktails they would make and soft drinks inc tea and coffee. If you wanted any other type of alcohol you had to pay for it. There were no other locally produced alcoholic drinks as mentioned in the brochure.
The alacarte restaurants were much better, athough they were not A.I. but for a mere £3.50 - £4 a head they were well worth a change from the mediocre buffet style of the A.I. restaurants which had permanent queues and flies everywhere!
The bar staff were on another planet! The bar drinks around the pools were served in plastic tumblers which were never washed properly, just rinsed out and never washed around the rim. It was amazing we didn't get upset stomachs. Some people did get ill whilst we were there including children which didn't surprise me considering the unhygeine standards.
The Reception staff were excellent. Always happy to help and couldn't do enough for us, as was the girl who booked the Alacarte meals - pity they didn't work in the Restaurants!
The entertainment staff were also excellent, very hard working but were always trying to sell their DVD/CD whilst people were relaxing by the pools- bit of a nuisance.
The beach bar is lovely, especially at night. The 2 guitarists were a welcome change from the evening entertainment and sang songs everyone knewl. This was a very relaxing place to go in the evening.
The shops underneath the hotel charged very high prices but as the nearest shops are about 8 miles away in Kusadasi, if you run out of sun tan cream you can't always be bothered going for a dolmus or taxi to get you to town.
On the coach on the way to the hotel, the rep was selling phone cards which seemed to be great value at £5 for 100 mins back to the UK, the only thing they didn't tell us was that this 5 star hotel didn't actually have public telephones - you had to go down to Kusadasi to use the phone boxes or use the one in your bedroom at £1.70 per minute failing that your own mobile phone.
The bedrooms are clean but again not 5 star standard. An old T.V. set awaits you, not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel and the service isn't excellent. We had old rough blankets on the bed and had to ask for 2 days to get a plain sheet to cover us and in 45 degrees we didn't think that was a lot to ask even though the rooms were airconditioned.
This was my first visit to Turkey and although I have heard other areas and hotels are really nice, I really do not think this hotel is good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk
- Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA Turkey/Izmir Province