“Disillusioned”

Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Ra'anana, Israel
“Disillusioned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I recently booked a 4 night stay at Leonardo Privilege. We were eagerly looking forward to this vacation and based on the reviews on tripadvisor and the description on the hotel site we were in for a real treat. We wanted a relatively economic vacation and therefore were excited about the all- inclusive deal. We realized that we were not going to the fanciest hotel in town but that was ok, because at least it was a four star hotel with unbelievable reviews! What really convinced me was that it was #8 out of 65 hotels!! It had to be an amazing place.
The good things I can say about the hotel is that it really can be so much fun! We enjoyed the around the clock food and drinks - after all we came to Eilat to relax - BUT the hotel is not at all as portrayed. I don't know how the reviews can be so misleading but we felt that the hotel did not live up to our expectations. The lobby is hardly a lobby at all and very cold in many meanings of the word. The dining room is sparse in terms of decor and also a general cold feeling. It resembles a high school cafeteria. It's too bad because the food is very good and plentiful, but a little more warmth, imagination and furnishings could go a long way. A little more thought in how to present the food would add such a nice touch. It was very nice to have unlimited wine with dinner and even lunch if you want it, but the room didn't have a cozy warm feeling that should go with the wine... In my opinion they would do well to hire a decorator.
The sports bar was a really nice idea - we would have enjoyed the around the clock unlimited coffees, wines and cocktails but the room was rowdy - full of a large group of noisy people that made our stay unpleasant.
To sum it up - nice idea for a relaxing vacation - but not very high quality - certainly not deserving of the four star rating or to be in the top 10 hotels of Eilat. We feel a bit cheated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SaraK20142014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I went for 3 nights with girlfriends. The location was fine close to the Ice Mall and seashore about 5 min walk. The problems started when they did not offer accommodations with 3 single beds, so I had to share a couple bed with my friend and the other slept in a open couch which is made for children accompanying the parents...horrible. The furnished was dated, dirty carpet looking like a cheap motel...I could not feel on a 4 stars at all.... The only thing that saved the place was the food, great and because was "all included" service, meaning you can get as much food and drinks as you want for the whole day.
I would not recommend this hotel for a couple in romantic weekend , nor to friends, nor to parents with kids.... I would only recommend this hotel for someone with a really tight budget that is planning to stay out the whole time.

Room Tip: The rooms have a balcony so ask for the ones at least with pool view, otherwise you will see the str...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo Privilege Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff and myself for not succeeding in creating a fulfilling experience during your stay.
I regretted to read your comments on the issues regarding the service you received from the hotel staff. Your description does not meet the level of service we aspire to offer our guests.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed the food. Regarding the room, regretfully, we do not have rooms with 3 separate beds.
We aim for excellence in all aspects and aim to lead our hotels to the highest level of hospitality. Our guests comments regarding the level of service and the hotel in general is an important tool, one that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests needs.
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hosting you again at our hotel.
Best Regards,
Guy Marom
Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed with my boy friend last weekend. This was a gift from him and a surprise. At the begining I was very surprised from the warm welcome. The room was very nice with a great pool view. The food was amazing in all the meals. The staff were very proffesional and with great service. I wanted to stay more but we had to leave. We defiantly will return

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hadarrrrr
orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were supposed to stay at another Leonardo property in Eilat but a few days before our arrival, we were notified via email that the original property was closed and they were going to move us to the Leonardo Prestige. I checked with TripAdvisor to see what kind of reviews it had and since they were really good reviews, we decided that the move would be fine. I don't know if we were in an older part of the hotel that hadn't been renovated, but our room was really a disappointment. It was a dark and small room with very dated furnishings and stained carpeting. The bathroom had peeling paint and the mirror was corroded at the bottom. There was a very small balcony with one plastic chair on it. Inside the room, there was only one comfortable chair. We were awakened after midnight to yelling and door slamming in the hall way. We called the front desk and they got things quieted down, but by then we were already wide awake. The staff was fine and the all inclusive food was fine as well...it wasn't gourmet but it was good enough and there was plenty of it. The dining room itself was high school cafeteria style furnishings but the staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to take pride in their work. Although it was too cold to swim, the pool area needed some attention. The deck was stained and the chairs were old looking. We had just come from the Intercontinental in Aqaba and there was no comparison. If you don't care what the room looks like and you want a lot of food and beverages (including wine and beer) included in the price, this might be the place for you!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dimona, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

On 14/11/2013 We stayed for the weekend.
it is Wonderful hotel and it was a great time for us.
Really good food with a large selection.
Large and spacious rooms and very Clean rooms.
Large pool and good service.

I really recommend
Have a nice vacation

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eilat, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was afraid to arrive since it is not summer but me and my family have enjoyed our stay very very much. From the proffesional check in with a big smile. The rooms were clean and nice. The pool was great and the food was amazing. We definatly will come back

• Stayed November 2013
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The service was very average and most of the staff didn't speak almost any english. The cleaners forgot to bring new towels after cleaning the room and they didn't change the sheets even once. Drinks were served in cheap plastic cups and those tasted bad. There was plenty of food but the quality wasn't anything special and the menu stayed almost the same day after day in both lunch and dinner. The dining area was similar to a poor school cafeteria. The balcony was almost useless because it was very small and there was only room for one chair.

The location of the hotel was decent. The pool was ok although some of the chairs were broken. The breakfast was very good and there were a lot of choices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maikson
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Front Office Manager at Leonardo Privilege Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,
We aim for excellence in all aspects and aim to lead our hotels to the highest level of hospitality. Our guests’ comments regarding the level of service and the hotel in general is an important tool, one that enables us to continually improve and adjust our service to meet our guests’ needs.
Best Regards,