“What's everyone complaining about?!”
Review of Corinne Hostel

Corinne Hostel
Ranked #31 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Eilat
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This place was so clean and the dorm room we stayed in was spacious and had brilliant air con. The staff were nice and as we were leaving, the woman was stripping all the sheets off the beds - always reassuring!
The wifi worked really well in the dorm downstairs.
I don't know what everyone is complaining about - its simple, clean and good value for money. Just what the type of traveller that would stay here would want/need.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Corinne Hostel

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed there just one night but can recommend even for a group of people. We were 7 people in total and got one of the basement rooms - it was very clean, the room had its own shower and WC and also a fridge! The room had air-conditioning so it was not hot at all. You cannot expect luxury but definatelly worth the money you pay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Creepy statues and paintings, weird rules: Wifi is only in the lobby, which closes at midnight, but yet the doors are all open. They just wont let you sit in the lobby. So we ended up sitting outside on the curb to get wifi. 24 hour wifi is necessary for travelers in terms of time zones!
The staff weren't very nice, but the room was decent, price was ok. It had AC which was probably it's greatest feature.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My 6 bed dorm room was very nice for the price I paid with lots of space, a fridge and a private bathroom. The hostel did have some very strange rules for no obvious reason and the staff seemed quite unhelpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed here previously and witnessed the unhelpful attitude of the staff towards other guests, but as I was not on the receiving end myself I thought maybe the guests had been confrontational or had unrealistic expectations, so decided on my next visit to stay again.
So when I returned ( with quite a friendly demeanor) I could not understand why the staff were not just so rude and unhelpful but so hostile with it. I asked a simple question to 'David' who replied " I've only been on for ten minutes and I'm already getting grief" He turned his his back on me and walked away into the kitchen with no answer. He did this in plain view of other guests and quite humiliated me. I heard him speaking to others in a similar tone later that evening.
The room had been cleaned but it stank of feet from the previous occupant (not the staffs' fault),
but they could at least have made some attempt to reduce the odour.
Would never stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank blotcho
Reviewed 29 January 2013

You get what you pay for. This place is cheap and extremely basic. Not the cleanest. We stayed in a private room. They misunderstood us when we said two singles and gave us a double bed. Awkward. It was tiny and there was no soap. As is common in Israel, the shower, sink and toilet were on top of each other. They gave us towels, but apparently they usually cost extra.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I had an unplanned stop in Eilat for a couple of days and found this place. I got a private room, needing some peace and quiet after quite an ordeal I had experienced earlier. I found it to be exactly what I needed! Though the cabins are rather small it was perfect for 1 person, has plenty of channels on the lovely flat screen tv and I found the owner to be very helpful. I would advise however if you arrive Friday, make sure u get something to eat before all the shops close due to Shabbat and don't reopen until sat evening and u will be restricted to the minimart across the road.
Great location, there are washing facilities about 2 small blocks away and so close to bus terminal. Bakery across the road is phenomenal also! Internet is very slow though so be prepared. Overall would stay again :)

• Stayed: January 2013