“RIPPED OFF”

United Kingdom
“RIPPED OFF”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

BEWARE OF THIS HOSTEL!!!
I made a booking at this hostel for one night in October through hostelbookers. the booking was made in FEB 2013. but after a change to my plans I phoned the hostel in APR 2013 to cancel the booking for which I received a cancellation notice by email from the hostel. So basically all I should of lost was my deposit that I paid to hostelbookers. but when I received my credit card statement in October I noticed this hostel had charged me for the room. so I have emailed them and sent a airmail letter and another copy of the cancellation notice. But still they just ignore all my attempts to resolve the issue. The room cost me 35 euros which is not a large amount of money, but it is the principal of the matter. I have been travelling for 25 years and this is the only hostel that has ever ripped me off. I have never been dishonest in my life so this sticks right in my throat. PLEASE THINK AGAIN!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank hollywood_9

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Disguisting sinthetic sheets, poor common area, no breakfast, no towels, no lockers, even such a detail like no personal light near bed! If you need to wake up very early like me and go to excursion, you will wake up all others in the room. Compare to another hostels in Israel and in the world-horrible experience. Try to find another one to stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hostel is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The location is fantastic; 2 minutes from the Bus Station, 5 minutes from a big supermarket; 10 minutes from the beach and central town.
The dorm rooms are nice and clean (cleaned every morning by a lovely woman) and the bathrooms are unlike other hostel bathroom horror stories. A friend was staying in the private rooms so I also went in them; they were also very nice and probably worth spending the little extra if you are tempted stay in one instead of a dorm.
The cleaning lady and the owner, David, are absolutely lovely and extremely helpful. I was staying at the hostel for quite a few days and they made an effort to get to know me and have a joke. The other worker, a man with an odd Oz accent, was one of the rudest people I have ever met. He would shout at customers AND other employees to an unnecessary and ridiculous degree.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Eilat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Long Beach, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

This hostel was very inexpensive, yet provided a lot. There was free wifi in the lobby, a kitchen for guest use, and a bathroom in the room. Rooms were well air condiioned, too. It was directly around the corner from a cheap supermarket and the bus station and only a few minutes' walk from the airport. The beach wasn't much further than the airport, either. I have no idea what the other reviews are referring to with the rude staff, as they were generally very nice unless you were doing something ridiculous. My only real complaint was that the beds were pretty uncomfortable, but this was pretty minor since you will probably be so exhausted anyway.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Poor. Poor. poor. The Australian sounding manager with the grey moustache showed a complete lack of respect to his customers and was extremely rude to us. For example, he gave very monosolabic answers and spoke about us to other staff members infront of us. The place had an unfriendly atmosphere and the rooms were impossibly small. One ray of light emerging from the hostel from hell was the American woman who was very kind and helpful because she probably felt sorry for the appalling manner in which customers of the hostel were treated. In summary, dont stay at the Corinne unless all other hostels, park benches and bins are full.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Conrad213
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel is cheap, and so are the accommodations. All the other reviews are exactly right. Sometimes you get friendly staff, and sometimes you get some that are having a bad day. Yes, the shower, toilet, and sink are all in one, and yes, the room is tiny, and a double bed means one big bed. However, it is very cheap and while in Eilat you don't want to stay in the room anyways.

Good place to sleep and extremely close to the bus station (a plus). It does take a bit to walk to the central pier, but whatevs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This place was so clean and the dorm room we stayed in was spacious and had brilliant air con. The staff were nice and as we were leaving, the woman was stripping all the sheets off the beds - always reassuring!
The wifi worked really well in the dorm downstairs.
I don't know what everyone is complaining about - its simple, clean and good value for money. Just what the type of traveller that would stay here would want/need.

• Stayed June 2013