“Old hotel, large rooms and friendly staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melony Hotel

Melony Hotel
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Old hotel, large rooms and friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were here for just one night, we arrived in the afternoon and left the next morning. We were given a big room with three beds on the top floor. At night the power went down in our room so we didn't have any A/C. The kind receptionist tried to solve it for us and when he couldn't offered us another room but we didn't feel like switching rooms in the middle of the night. The next morning the floor and walls were wet because it had rained that night. Location was OK, not a very nice neighborhood, but enough parking space and some highly rated restaurants on tripadvisor nearby. Breakfast was average. However: we didn't pay much and for the price we paid the hotel was fine. The wet floor and walls were just bad luck I suppose, as it hardly ever rains in Eilat.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the top floor when it rains.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Givat Brenner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at Melony for 4 nights - couple with tow teenagers. In the room there is a kettle and fridge, which we used to store groceries from nearby stores. The area is quiet - off the busy (and noisy) clubs area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Middle Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The pictures of the Melony Motel are much better than reality. I was not pleased with this hotel as the rooms were not very clean and the linens didn't seem to be fresh. The room was an ok size, but had 2 double beds and 2 twin beds in it which made it very crowded. There was a small refrigerator which had no door on the freezer part, so it didn't freeze. There was no microwave, but it had a electric pot. The staff was friendly and helpful and the bathroom was the best part of the room. We bought breakfast for both days that we stayed and it was ok for the price of NIS 25. I was glad we were staying only 2 nights as I would want to stay in this hotel for a longer time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at the Melony hotel on Wednesday, July 24th (1 night) with my boyfriend since I came in a day early because the hotel I originally booked was sold out on that evening. Check-in was done by this really rude lady which I wish I had remembered her name. The location of our room was a few steps away from the lobby area which we could of heard every little noise. We had 2 single beds which was obviously a mistake so when I went back to the reception and asked for a king bed, she refused by saying that my reservation was done for 1 single occupancy and since I was 2 people, I needed to pay extra which she used in her own words " Don't try to screw the system". I felt extremely insulted since i'm in the hotel industry and that would be the last thing I would do. I demanded to see the manager and her answer was " you think the manager has no life". I was in total shock to hear such an answer when you work in the hospitality industry. After disputing with her for several minutes, the owner of the hotel arrived. I explained the situation but instead of apologizing for this incident and giving me a sort of compensation, he claimed the double occupancy amount which I ended up paying with no hesitation. The issue was not the money but the lack of respect I received from them

Let's not talk about my room. Dirty floors. ants on MY bed, bed linens and shower towels with stains, bathroom was renovated in sort of a way but POOR lighting in the bathroom. I basically had to ask my boyfriend to use his cell phone as a flash light.

Breakfast was included and their "buffet" as they called it was bread, butter, cheese and vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce). It really didn't look appetizing.

I have NEVER been so insulted as I have been in the hotel industry for over 20 yrs. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anybody even if it was the last hotel available. There are so many other hotels in the area that are worth your money.

Tripadvisor is my tool every time I travel and I really hope I can make a difference by helping others with my sincere comments.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Sunny T

Travellers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

We had been there for one night, we picked a car at Telaviv and drove to Eilat, to go to Jordan.
The hotel is simple, well located, small room, the bad is very soft and the room is quite small, but the toilet is okay. We find the price high for this type of hotel but I think Eilat is quite expensive city to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcos S
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

My family and I spent two nights at Melony motel (10, 14, my wife and I). We looked for cheap hotel in Eilat for 2 days of travel vacation (The hotel only used as nights base).
The hotel was just as we expected, simple, convenient and nice.
It really recommended for family that want spending money on the right things, and not for bed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ofer777
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were doing a couple of day trips and so we just needed somewhere simple to crash in the evenings. There were 3 of us staying in our room and I was quite impressed with the room. We had plenty of space and the washroom was very nicely updated. I found the staff very helpful in answering questions and directing us on where to pick up some groceries and grab a quick bite to eat. Our room was very clean as well and the hotel is in easy walking distance of the town center.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family