“Great hotel, wonderful location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great hotel, wonderful location”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We came as family, the entertainment was one of a kind, the food was great, service was wonderful and the facilities were perfectly maintained. We can't complain, during our stay the management took care of all our needs. Can highly recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 16 September 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words.
We do our best to keep our guests happy and a review like yours only tells us that we are on the right track.

Public relations manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We decided on Tuesday to spent the weekend in Eilat. We got a very good deal from an agent just to find an hour later that we could have got a better one at Tripadvisor, but at list we got two meals.
It was our second time in Eilat, the first was 8 years ago. We were quite surprised by the development and by the many more hotel compare to our last visit.
The hotel was a good surprise too, we had some expectation but not much, we pay an off season price of 200 Euros for two adults two nights and in Eilat its always the season. The hotel is a bit old but very well maintained and clean, the crew is nice and willing to serve you. The food, two breakfasts and two dinners was very good and in huge quantities, Israeli style.
There are activities for kids and all togather we had a very good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and 2nd floor and up
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank israel b b

Vigo
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a very good place to stay in Eilat.

Rooms are large, well equipped and reasonably clean, despite some clear signs of aging and lack of maintenance (carpets, furniture, toilet equipment).

WiFi is free and of good quality (good enough for skype and occasional email and web browsing), though not excellent.

Location is very good, in the marina and with most rooms with large balconies towards the red sea. Possibly the second-best location at Eilat, right after sea-front hotels.

Check-in and check-out were fast and friendly. Same for other staff.

Breakfast was of good quality, with plenty of options.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.

Cedarhurst, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I just returned from Israel and felt compelled to briefly inform others about my stay at The Crowne Plaza Eilat. My daughter and I love to hike and received assistance from the front desk on locations nearby. They suggested Timna National Park (a must see for hikers) and were spot on!
The room was perfect and we were upgraded without request from us. The breakfast was fantastic! There was even entertainment at night!
The pool area was really nice and the pool looked sooo inviting but we didn't get a chance to swim due to the cool temps (not complaining though about 78F mid-winter).
I look forward to my next stay at this excellent hotel!

1 Thank DavidMP1960

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is a bit old, the rooms don't have too many electricity sockets, the air condition is not always doing what it's supposed to do (for example i put it on heating and it cools the room further), the blankets are not always enough, the beds are not comfortable.
Wifi works OK, not too fast - if you would try to watch a Youtube video expect many pauses.
It's more quite than the hotels on the sea front because there is less clubs/bars with loud music next by, but it's still a bit noisy, specially in the lower floors, even floor 5 can be noisy. The windows are not double glazed.

Room Tip: 9th floor has the better rooms - they renovated only the rooms on the 9th floor. If you want a nice...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear guest,
First, I was very disappointed to read your review.
We are doing everything in our power to give the best vacation to our guests, according to the Crowne Plaza Hotels tradition.
I was very sorry to learn that it wasn't so in your case.
I hope that next time you will come to Eilat you will come to us and see that things can be different.
We are expecting to see you again among our returning happy guests.
Gueta Liat
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed 3 days in Eilat with my family. We had a very good assistance from everybody in the Hotel as we asked so many questions in order to have the best from the short stay. In particular Mr. Sawad was very friendly and available.
I will suggest this place to my friends!

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Our main goal is to make sure that our guests are satisfied and happy!
We are more than glad to know that it has been a very good vacation for you and hope seeing you again at Crowne Plaza Eilat among our returning happy guests.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was visiting Eilat for a business congress and needed a Hotel as the congress Hotel was fully booked. Using a booking site, I saw the Crowne Plaza name and chose this hotel! BIG Mistake!
I guess alarm bells began to ring when I arrived at the front door by taxi and the doorman did not even raise from his stool to say hello or offer to help, when I checked in, my original room was already occupied or not ready and so I was "upgraded" to a newly renovated room on the top floor. When I arrived at the room, the first thing that greeted me was the door lock which looked as though it was about to fall out (although it did lock if you pulled the door hard!), next was the bathroom which had never been cleaned properly since the renovation was done I would guess, the floor was filthy, the seal around the bath / shower was covered with black mold, the wall in the shower was covered with soap scum buildup, the cornices were pealing away and the light fitting in the entrance was about to fall out. I deliberately left some dirt near the wash basin, which was still there when I checked out! When I went to the local supermarket and bought some cleaner, the lady in the shop was horrified, but know that the hotel was "S*&£y" - her term not mine, as did all the local taxi drivers! After giving the floor etc. a thorough clean I felt that at least the nasty dirt was "cleaned" but I could not move the mold or ground in dirt on the floor. On checking out the manager was very nice and did accompany me to the room and also took pictures of etc. She has told me she will offer me a 50% discount on my next stay - but did not offer to reimburse the cost of the cleaning product I purchased or even take something off this account. To be frank I don't think you could pay me to stay there again! - Oh yes the added bonus is "Alice" night club across the pool - great if you are there on holiday and do not need to sleep, but not great if you have to get up to work, when the music doesn't stop till 03H00 in the morning.
The one thing positive I can say is that the food at breakfast was lovely! Just a pity that there were birds flying around inside the restaurant.
Overall I do not think that this hotel is worth to bear the Crowne Plaza name as it is most certainly not up to the standards that Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn customers are used to!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David S
Dear Guest,

We at the Crowne Plaza Hotel are doing everything in our power to make our guests happy.
I am terribly sorry to read that it wasnt so in your case.
We are expecting to see you again at our hotel and show you that we can do it better.

Gueta Liat