“very good hotel, I recommend !”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's a very good hotel !
The service is great, reception is very helpful .
Beautiful rooms and have view to the marine.
The pool parties were great.
The location is perfect, and close to the promenades.
Really had fun here, will come back.

Room Tip: All rooms have balcony and view to the pool and the marine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eliran A
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
Our main goal is to satisfy our guests and make their stay as much enjoyable as possible.
I am very glad that you are pleased from your vacation with us and wish to see you again at the hotel for another enjoyable vacation.
Best regards,
Gueta Liat
Public relations manager

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here because of a trek through Israel and this was our base for our day in Petra. The lobby may have been the nicest part of the hotel, and that isn't saying much. I took my welcome drink and went up to my room. When I got in, the first thing I did was use the bathroom. Something seemed off and I couldn't tell what it was. I then went to take a shower. I pulled the sheets back (because I don't sit on comforters) and noticed several PUBIC HAIRS in the bed. I immediately called down to the front desk for them to send someone to change my sheets. I got in the shower and noticed that there was a used shampoo sitting in the shower. The used towels and toiletries were also never replaced.

Several hours later after going out for dinner and returning, my sheets still had not been changed. I called down and told them to either change my sheets or give us a new room. Someone knocked on the door in 5 minutes. They brought one set of sheets and had to go back so they could change our other bed. They "cleaned" the bathroom. The following day, we went to Petra and came back. The bed was made, the bathroom towels were replenished, but they left all of the dirty dishes in the bathroom. Because of all of these issues, I refused to eat anything else at this establishment.

Crown Plaza should be ashamed of themselves for letting this place operate. I didn't care about the loud parties happening throughout the balcony that I could hear all night, but the fact is, the sheets on my bed hadn't been changed, were blatantly filthy, but yet were made up for me to sleep in them and the problem was begrudgingly fixed by the staff was my problem. Filthy!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Nicole H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear ndhawkins,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Eilat.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel was a huge disappointment. When we arrived we were told that the king sized bed deluxe room we had paid for was not available. We could upgrade to a suite for a mere $40 a night. Oops, sorry that room was booked. How about a suite with a jacuzzi for a mere $85 extra per night? Our answer was no. Oh, just a minute, we do have your choice available after all! Uh huh. Our 7th floor room was decrepit. The carpets were disgustingly stained and dirty. The decorative pillows on the bed were stained. The drawers of the dresser and night tables were full of hairs and dirt. The bath tub was chipped and disgusting. The bed linen and pillow cases were clean...one good thing. The lamps were chipped and the bathroom door was falling apart at the bottom from being soaked with water. The fridge was a mess and cracked inside. Breakfast in the filthy dining room was $20 a day each. No way were we eating in the hotel! The pool was fine except for the loud disco music they blared all day long. We would never consider staying at this dump again. Also, if you're Jewish you definitely don't want to stay here. Enough said. Pay more and stay at a nice hotel. If the reviews are generally awful, stay away!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Penny S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Penny S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 28 April 2014

unresponsive service probably due to a fully booked hotel. the room was dirty when we arrived and albeit our repeated request for assistance we got no response. afterwards there was an attempt by hotel personnel to improve our experience. they moved us to a better room however the door of the balcony didn't close and the noise from outside disturbed our sleep until sunrise. unacceptable

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vegedairy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear an_orthodox_rabbi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is with regret to read that you did not enjoy your overall stay with us due to the level of customer service received and maintenance levels being a disappointment. The points you have raised were noted and will be used to consider for improvements on our end to ensure similar incidents are avoided in the future.

Again, we appreciate your review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Don't expect 4 star hotel, it's 3 at max.
The rooms are old and not maintain properly, the hotel needs serious innovation.
the food is unfortunately kosher and not tasty.
The manager was nice and tried real hard to please us, and also the entertainment was ok.
There is no heated pool or sauna.
Wouldn't recommend on it to anyone of my friends, I think 4 stars is a compliment.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan R
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to read your review.
We are now in a process of renovation and i am sure that next time you will come to stay with us, things will be different.
We are doing the best we can in order to keep our guests happy!
We are expecting to see you with us again.

Best regards
Liat Gueta
Public relations manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

So, we checked in, the room stank to high heaven from smoke. I was told it would be fixed. I manage property so I know that it cant be fixed easily. After persisting the manager came out and apologized while offering a different room which did not smell. Ok, they at least try to make guest happy, good!

The rooms: very low end and old furnishings. The bathroom is not in great shape but not terrible. My room faced the gulf and view was decent. Problem is like many others have said, there is a club called Alice that blasts music till wee hours of morning. I was on 8 floor and its was loud with lots of bass. I think they only open at 10 or 11!

I would be upset if I didn't get such a cheap deal,so I get what I pay for I suppose. The pool is nice with ample seating etc. There are kids programs and evening programming. While not good, at least they try! They have free wifi but it didn't work for me.

Breakfast I found to be very good and plentiful, loads of options to choose from.

Overall a fine experience but the hotel needs to renovate the rooms and halls very badly it appears to be almost all original vintage 1980's

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Newmanhwdfl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Newmanhwdfl,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our breakfast good and plentiful. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the previous room assigned to you may have caused and I am relieved to know that your rooms issues were addressed in a timely manner. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel is situated well if you want to save as opposed to spending on the first line by the Sea. If you're going to walk around a lot and don't feel the need to be a few steps from the sea it is worth saving. The room had a great view and was fine. Towels weren't there so I requested and they came. There was an electricity problem in the room (periodically) and after I reported someone called back to ask if I wanted them to fix it. They didn't come but it seemed to have cleared up. There room was after some renovation but they didn't get around to removing tape from the painting or to clean the paint specs from the floor. And on. The staff was nice enough but there was a feeling that nobody is managing. Also the check-in was slowed down because there were two lines and after about 10 minutes we realized that the person servicing one of the lines wasn't returning. If the price is right for when you need it, it's fine. If you're the type who is sensitive to service there are other hotels in the area which have a higher service orientation than there was here at least this weekend.

Room Tip: 9th floor is flagged as quiet. If you're not going as a family worth requesting it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yonatanfields
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I was very dissapointed to read your review.
yet, it was very interesting and sincere.
Our main goal is to make our guests happy! i am sorry to learn that in your case it wasnt so.
Thank you very much for the oppurtunity to learn from your review and improve.
I am looking forward to host you again among our returning guests and show you it can be better.

Best regards,