“How can they keep their Hilton branding”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Toronto, Canada
“How can they keep their Hilton branding”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

have stayed here a few times out of availability ; but no more. The hotel outwardly is beautiful but is dated and run down inside ; hotel management and upkeep is quite poor and cannot understand how anyone could run this as a business ; who depend on repeat patrons and reviews of the same. I believe it's about time this hotel and management get their act together before it becomes a known parody of the Hilton brand; I cannot understand to the life of me why they continue to operate this way...foolish.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Jeff,
First I would like to apologize for the impression you left the hotel with in your last stay at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.
Your feedback is important to us and I wish to understand better what exactly the deficiencies were.
I invite you to contact me personally at: Michal.evron@hilton.com
Waiting to hear from you soon.
Guest Relation manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Hebrew first
Ventura, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

generally i enjoy staying at hilton hotels.

we were here on a group trip.
this hotel was very disappointing and in dire need of upgrades.
from the outside it's impressive looking but
the rooms and hotel lobby STINKS from chemical fragrance that they pipe in through the vent systems.

as someone with chemical sensitivities this is a big no no.

after asking to change rooms due to the strong chemical frangranced odor in my original room i was taken to two other rooms to check out
one, the one i opted for
was on a smoking floor? yup. ash tray and all in room.

it was the only one of the 2 that didn't stink of smoke or fragrance
the good news is i was able to open the sliding door window to let fresh air in

luckily, the bed did not smell like smoke (thank goodness) or it wouldn't have worked.

bed is ok
showers/tub is odd, very high off the ground and didn't seem clean enough to take a bath in.
carpets have noticeable wear, stains, burn marks
furniture old.

luckily we were only there 2 nights.
breakfast buffet was big. it was ok. nothing to write home about.

i'd not choose this hotel again.
i'm guessing there are nicer options for a hotel at this level in Eilat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear guest,

As part of the Hilton chain we have a non-smoking floor and as I checked on the pree arrival request from your group there was no record for such request.
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
Please contact the Guest Relations department on your next visit so we can be sure to take care of your reservation on your next stay at Tel: 972-8-6306666
Thank you once again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just spent two nights at the hotel with my wife and 4 kids.
Staff was very helpful and eager to please.
Very good location. Just on the water and very accessible to local attractions.
Food in DR was barely OK.
Restraunt is much better
Funny rules for exec lounge for Gold Honors guests (no kids, etc.)
Spa is very bare. small facility.
Hotel needs major face lift.

Room Tip: ask for newly renovated rooms
Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads, for their immediate attention and care.
Regarding to your comments about the hotel maintenance I am glad to inform that we have renovated 2 floors last year and this days we are starting a new renovation project.
I would like to invite you to our hotel to enjoy our renovated room.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.
Please don’t hesitate and write to my personal mail before you future arrival.
Best regard,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Did not have pleasant experience here. The rooms are old and dated. They charge you for everything, gym, internet etc. Room service bangs on my door at 7am and actually OPENS the door on me. After complaining to front desk they did nothing about it. Overall was very disappointing, stay somewhere else.

Dear guest,

Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel. I am certain that if you had spoken to us during your stay we would have find you a solution.
Regarding the Wi-Fi, I wish to explain that as in most of hotels in Eilat, the Wi-Fi service although in all public Ares is for free.

Please contact the Guest Relations department so that I can personally return to you .Michal.evron@hilton.com

Best regards,
Mevaseret Zion, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

An eye-opening experience in greed and exploitation of the good name of Hilton. We booked a room for 2 adults and 2 toddlers (3 years old) for 3 nights 18-21 Sep. The room cost 7,000 NIS ($2,000 - two thousand U.S. $) for Bed and Breakfast. We checked out of the hotel after 2 nights.
These were a few of the problems: 1. We could not sleep owing to the fact that the hotel allowed very raucous events directly in the open terrace next to the swimming pool under our window (extremely loud music way above the accepted decibel levels allowed by law). Although we were on the 8th. floor (room 859) it was impossible to sleep. On the first night I went down to the front desk at about 10.30 p.m. to beg them to keep the noise down to acceptable levels. Nothing was done. At 11.45 p.m. I went down again and asked to speak to the duty manager. She was a rude and arrogant young lady who basically told me that the Hilton has the right to hold events next to the swimming pool even if it interferes with the guests. She told me to keep the windows closed. I told her we had them closed but the noise came right through. Our 3 year old twins could not fall asleep. Eventually the music stopped at past 1 a.m.
2. The following day we went to the swimming pool. The pool seemed poorly maintained and dirty. The pool was way too small for the number of people in it, and the smaller part of it was packed wall-to-wall with parents and their small children. Obviously the size of the pool has little relationship to the number of rooms in the hotel, and when there is a full house too many people are in the pool at the same time. (It is difficult to understand how the hotel ever passed the standards of the Ministry of Health for swimming pools).
3. The second night at the hotel there was another party outside under our window. Again the children could not sleep owing to the noise.
4. Apparently as a result of the lack of sleep and the unhygienic conditions at the pool, one of the children developed a painful ear-ache, which afterwards turned out to be a full-blown ear infection. At 7 a.m. on the Friday morning I went down to the Reception desk to ask if they knew how to get hold of a doctor. They said they did not know. I then asked if there was an Emergency Pharmacy open. Same answer. At 7.30 and 8 a.m. I again asked if the hotel did not have the name and tel. number of any doctor for emergencies. The staff at the Reception desk could not help me. They said I should go to the hospital. Eventually I managed to find a doctor on my own without any help from the hotel. It is difficult to understand how any hotel would not have information at their fingertips to help their guests in emergencies.
5. All this was just too much - so we checked out of the hotel at 9 a.m. , went to the doctor, went to the pharmacy - and went home.
6. About a week later I wrote a letter to the hotel summarizing the above, and asking that I be refunded for the last night.
7. Despite repeated efforts to contact the hotel, and also to contact the travel agency - Eshet Tours - which booked us, and despite various phone calls and promises by Eshet Tours to set things right with the Hilton - until today 30 December 2013, more than 3 months later, we have heard not one single word from the Hilton - no apology and no refund.
Signed
David Frank

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated, and are of good quality. I don't know exactly which floor/s. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Only through guest reviews such as yours we can find the opportunity to improve our services.
I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Considering your comments about the maintenance and cleanliness of the swimming pool I would like to inform you that the hotel is under a supervision of the Israel health department and the Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba stand successfully in all Parameters.
I am terribly sorry, but I have never received a letter from your or your agent.
Please forward to my personal mail your letter and I would gladly take care of all the issues you have raised. The address is: Michal.Evron@hilton.com
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
Guest relation manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

If I would have to provide an "executive summary" descibing the four days vacation my wife and I spent at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba it would be: We will be back. The pleasant experience started for us while reserving the room through the HHONORS (Hilton's loyalty program) system and continued with the check-in, the room, treatment by the hotel staff and excellent food at the hotel regular restaurant even for breakfast, not a common experience. In addition, the hotel is located at the heart of the Eilat northern beach promenade so we did not have to use our car to go around, just walk. I would also like to mention the pampering of HHONORS members which adds to the enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for lagoon view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AVIP6
Dear gueast

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from , the room,the treatment by the hotel staff and the excellent food. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.
Best Regards,
Guest Relation Manager
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Excellent hotel, excellent food, wide and comfortable rooms. The only aspect that could be improved is the wifi internet access that is not free in the rooms but only in the lobby, with ony 1h sessions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

sessions.
Dear guest
Your review is very stisfying to red and I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Service is the most important part of ones holiday and I am glad our professional and friendly team was able to make your stay pleasurable and enjoyable.
I look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Sincerely