“Stay away from this hotel”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The rooms are gross, the breakfast was below average, the hallway smelled like smoke and we could not wait to get the heck out of there. The Hilton in Tel Aviv was much much nicer. I don't know if there is a nicer hotel in Eilat, but this one is one of the worst we have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, i would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review, we welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding the breakfast and the hallway smell.

We shared your feedback and comments with the relevant department heads and we will take immediate actions.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Kindly be assured that we are serious as we always to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion for renewed and impression, do let me know how I may be of assistance for future reservation

I invite you to contact me personally at: Michal.evron@hilton.com
Waiting to hear from you soon.

Guest Relations manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Hilton Queen of Sheba and we will definitely be back. Staff were extremely helpful, especially Liza on reception who went over and above expectations when we asked to move rooms as the first one was very noisy and we have a one year old, so needed a quiet room as he went to sleep early, the hotel was full but she managed to find us something, which was an upgrade and totally unexpected, this definitely enhanced our stay. Breakfast was amazing, especially on Shabbat... the choices were excellent. The pool area is great as they have a toddler pool in the shade, as well as a pool for older children and another one for adults. We only ate in the main restaurant once, on Friday night, but the food was absolutely amazing, so much choice and everything was delicious! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank laurenh121

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to read your glowing review about the food, the quality and neatness of our rooms, and pool area.

Particularly pleasing was reading your impression of our Team members - especially Liza from the Reception desk.

Our staff makes every effort possible to please our guests and ensure that they have a wonderful time at the hotel.

It is great to read reviews such as yours that values our efforts, and sharing them with the rest of the Trip Advisor community, and for that let me say from all of us here at HILTON EILAT QUEEN OF SHEBA HOTEL, thank you!

Looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you and your family,

With best regards,

Guest Relation manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Overall I was extremely disappointed! I have stayed in other hotels in Eilat and I know what 5 stars are like and what expectations to have, yet in comparison to this Hotel, I would hardly rank them a 3 star hotel. I also have stayed in other Hilton's and this one comes nowhere close to their level of service and quality.

Check-In: We were greeting by a very nice lady named Sarah, who was American, and the check-in went smooth and fast. She made sure explain all of the info about the hotel, rooms, etc. There is no entertainment staff like the other hotels, so had to go out and find some.

Room: After spending an additional $300 for an upgraded room (Superior), we got a nice and clean room that included entrance to their Executive (crap) lounge. The bathroom was well designed and clean. The bath was a bit awkward, as the design made the bathtub half size inside, making getting in and out difficult. The view was nice (Lagoona), yet the size of the balcony was just enough for one person at a time.

Room Service: There was a nice american who was working for them, He was very polite and professional, we tipped him good :)

Executive Lounge: First off, the wine is really cheap and the food is not first class. The special cheeses they serve are not that special, as a cheese expert I know that you can pick up any of these cheeses from your local grocery store, nothing special and tasted cheap.They write that they restrict access children under 18, which makes sense as the lounge serves alcoholic beverages, yet on many occasions we saw them letting kids in from 13 years to small children for breakfast. After speaking with the reception, they said that just for the breakfast, children are allowed in, WHERE IS THE VIP IN THAT!

Dining Room: Friday night dinner was really nice, the meat there was suburb! However, their rice was really dry :( There was a great selection of salads and deserts. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

Pool Area: They offered a pool heated at 27 degrees Celsius, however we decided it was too chilly outside and didn't want to risk getting sick.

Spa: We took a couples massage, which was about the same price we pay in Tel-Aviv (500 NIS), and was very nice and professional. Didn't go into the Jacuzzi as it was crowded with the elderly.

The overall feeling was okay, but didn't get the feeling of VIP. I would have preferred to have stayed in the Dan Eilat, had a much better experience there in the past.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding the Executive lounge.

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

Thank you for the warm words about our staff and I will be happy to share them with our team.
If you are planning on returning to us, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.

My mail address is: Michal.evron@hilton.com

Reviewed 4 January 2014

have stayed here a few times out of availability ; but no more. The hotel outwardly is beautiful but is dated and run down inside ; hotel management and upkeep is quite poor and cannot understand how anyone could run this as a business ; who depend on repeat patrons and reviews of the same. I believe it's about time this hotel and management get their act together before it becomes a known parody of the Hilton brand; I cannot understand to the life of me why they continue to operate this way...foolish.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Jeff,
First I would like to apologize for the impression you left the hotel with in your last stay at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.
Your feedback is important to us and I wish to understand better what exactly the deficiencies were.
I invite you to contact me personally at: Michal.evron@hilton.com
Waiting to hear from you soon.
Guest Relation manager

Reviewed 1 January 2014

generally i enjoy staying at hilton hotels.

we were here on a group trip.
this hotel was very disappointing and in dire need of upgrades.
from the outside it's impressive looking but
the rooms and hotel lobby STINKS from chemical fragrance that they pipe in through the vent systems.

as someone with chemical sensitivities this is a big no no.

after asking to change rooms due to the strong chemical frangranced odor in my original room i was taken to two other rooms to check out
one, the one i opted for
was on a smoking floor? yup. ash tray and all in room.

it was the only one of the 2 that didn't stink of smoke or fragrance
the good news is i was able to open the sliding door window to let fresh air in

luckily, the bed did not smell like smoke (thank goodness) or it wouldn't have worked.

bed is ok
showers/tub is odd, very high off the ground and didn't seem clean enough to take a bath in.
carpets have noticeable wear, stains, burn marks
furniture old.

luckily we were only there 2 nights.
breakfast buffet was big. it was ok. nothing to write home about.

i'd not choose this hotel again.
i'm guessing there are nicer options for a hotel at this level in Eilat.

Dear guest,

I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

As part of the Hilton chain we have a non-smoking floor and as I checked on the pree arrival request from your group there was no record for such request.
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
Please contact the Guest Relations department on your next visit so we can be sure to take care of your reservation on your next stay at Tel: 972-8-6306666
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just spent two nights at the hotel with my wife and 4 kids.
Staff was very helpful and eager to please.
Very good location. Just on the water and very accessible to local attractions.
Food in DR was barely OK.
Restraunt is much better
Funny rules for exec lounge for Gold Honors guests (no kids, etc.)
Spa is very bare. small facility.
Hotel needs major face lift.

Room Tip: ask for newly renovated rooms

Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads, for their immediate attention and care.
Regarding to your comments about the hotel maintenance I am glad to inform that we have renovated 2 floors last year and this days we are starting a new renovation project.
I would like to invite you to our hotel to enjoy our renovated room.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.
Please don’t hesitate and write to my personal mail before you future arrival.
Best regard,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Did not have pleasant experience here. The rooms are old and dated. They charge you for everything, gym, internet etc. Room service bangs on my door at 7am and actually OPENS the door on me. After complaining to front desk they did nothing about it. Overall was very disappointing, stay somewhere else.

Dear guest,

Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel. I am certain that if you had spoken to us during your stay we would have find you a solution.
Regarding the Wi-Fi, I wish to explain that as in most of hotels in Eilat, the Wi-Fi service although in all public Ares is for free.

Please contact the Guest Relations department so that I can personally return to you .Michal.evron@hilton.com

Best regards,