“Ok stay with some questionmarks”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotels location is very good, if I would be on holidays, it would definitely have a good spot on the beach. The exterior and interior public areas are there to give you a feel for Queen Shebas palace. The reception was quite efficient and friendly. The room I had was on the third floor, facing the road, but being on business, I did not care. F&B: I cannot point out anything in particular about the main restaurant, but the Chicago Grill is definitely something to be recommended. The food at Axum was anything, but average. My room in particular had but one flaw: the constant humming coming from the fuse box. And it was not the AC as there was no need for it... Here are my questionmarks:
1. The hotel pool, closes at 17:00. Really? In a resort? So if you are coming back with your family from the beach and want to take a final dive and a drink before dinner, you can forget that...strange...
2. The Executive Lounge closes at 20:00. Really? In a Hilton? In most Hiltons they keep open until there are guests. Here we were told to leave at closing time, like in some pub in Britain.
Anyway, the fixtures in the bathrooms could use a tune-up. Not necessarily a change, but in some places a good polish may do wonders...

Room Tip: If I have the choice and I am willing to pay additionally, I would opt for a room facing the sea pos...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Mighty83
Thank you for your informative review, I appreciate you taking the time to point out your opinion.
Thanks for your comments about the hotel and restaurant (Chicago is also on TA) the room and public spaces.
We are in summer time so the pool is open till 18:00 and in summer months till 18:30.
Sorry the lounge couldn't accommodate you after 20:00.
The bathroom fixtures are actually being replaced as part of our rooms renovation. We already have three floors done so I hope your next visit will be in a superior room.
This information is helpful to us and I will pass it on to the management and team.
Thanks again and we hope to have you again in the future on business or holiday.
Regards,
Davina

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Never have I had such a negetive experience in an hotel in Israel. Most of it service related.

Our entire group had its orders misplaced due to a bug in the system, even though we had vouchers made directly with the hotel reservation center (no agent or third-party involved). We had to wait for hours for them to find our orders, and we got our rooms hours after 3 PM. Even though we came as a group with one person paying for all of the room, each person had to sign in, give name and address and have their ID photographed. Reasonable if each room was paying his own way, but not reasonable with only one credit card used.

Even though we got the rooms eventually at 7 PM (They were probably available earlier - but we were in a convention by that time), some of the rooms weren't cleaned properly. Full trash cans, etc.

They only agreed to change the check-out time for one room out of 7 rooms. (Another hour and a half) and the attitude of the staff was terrible. Just terrible. They didn't offer any compensation during the delay. They were snotty, they were rude. No words. The entire hotel seem mismanaged, no senior manager on site.

We ate at the hotel restaurant (food was excellent, no complaints, the price was accordingly). We arranged in advance to off-set the dinner price from the dinner at the hotel dining room, but it still took 30 minutes to arrange when we were at the restaurant

Everything was slower tham heck, managers wouldn't come out to speak with us.

Bought lunch at the pool, it took 35 minutes to get a freakin' burger. One person cooking and serving for 20 people. When I wanted the money back (paid by credit) because I was short on time, the computer was 'down'. It remained 'down' for 35 minutes.

I went to get a massage. Massust was good, no complains, but as I had to check-out by then, I asked in the front desk whether there would be shampoo available at the Spa for me to shower before my flight. They said yes. Post massage, with oil in my hair, it turned out that was NOT the case, no shampoo available. The girl in the spa was the ONLY one in the whole freakin' hotel thinking outside of the box, went to housekeeping and got Shampoo and Conditioner for me. Great thinking outside the box and helping out a custumer. Wish they were all like that.

Overall - bad experience. Every encounter with the hotel staff was just unpleasent.

I come to Eylat every year for this convention, and this was by far my worse visit. I will not come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Or L
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear guest,
I am truly sorry to read of your disappointing experience with us. Unfortunately the switch to a new computer system took longer than planned and this caused delays in checking guests in to their rooms. As we were aware of the situation caused our entire team was doing its very best to speedily handle all issues including the front office management team and guest relations manager.
Our hotel policy requires identification from all guests at the hotel dispite the method of payment.
I apologize that the rooms you received were not cleaned properly and on the day of your departure we were not able to grant you late check out for all your rooms. These were to be prepared for future guests.
Your comments to the attitude of our team members is not taken lightly and we are dealing with this as a first priority. I am sorry you had trouble in the restaurants too. All you comments to are passed to the relevant managers to action to improve.
We would certainatley appreciate the chance to change your impresion of us and hope you will reconsider. Please feel free to contact me at davina.semana@hilton.com.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

A very nicely appointed hotel seriously let down by the rudest and most unfriendly staff I have encountered in both Israel and abroad the pool staff are particularly bad and don't even smile - not the foreign workers who try ,but the Israelis who have no excuse - I speak fluent Hebrew and have lived in Israel for many years so it's not a case of not understanding the mentality or communication difficulties it's just really poor training unfortunately when you are paying a 5 star price you expect a 5 star package including helpful and pleasant staff god knows what they will be like in peak season when the hotel is at full capacity , this was my first stay and my last I prefer the Dan Eilat or Herods where you get treated like an person not a nuisance.

Room Tip: Floors 7/8 recently renovated
1  Thank Martin aryeh W
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. Your comments and impression are very important to us. I apologize sincerely for the lack or friendliness you encountered from our team during your holliday.
The Hilton is a five star hotel and we put great efforts into training our team members to professional and courteous service. Your comments are not typical for us however we do not take them lightly and I assure you that this issue will be addressed by the director of human resources and each department manager.
We would certainatley appreciate anothe opportunity to change your opinion of us and should you decide to return please contact me so I can personally make sure your stay is what you would expect of the Hilton. davina.semana@hilton.com.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great upscale hotel in excellent location. Service was wonderful. Food quality was very good. Would have preferred longer Executive Lounge hours. Breakfast selection is enormous. Ingress / egress to boardwalk should be remedied with room key to enable quicker access. Bed and amenities were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,
Thanks so much for a lovely review of our hotel.
Your comments have been taken into consideration to improve our facilities and service and your compliments forwarded to the chef and entire hotel team.
We hope to have you back again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Allow me to thank you all for the relaxed stay we had last week at your hotel.
Duty Manager Mr Danny Keren was most helpful, rooms are comfortable all together
a good five star hotel
Dalia Levy
Tel Aviv
Israel

Room Tip: Facing the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for a nice review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you again in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is very nice, the staff with whom I dealt were all extremely helpful, the location is a short walk from the beach (5-6 minutes, tops), the breakfast buffet was the second-best
I've ever seen (try the Daniel Dead Sea hotel for the biggest and best), and our whole stay was delightful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear guest,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for a nice review.
We hope that on your next stay we get that first place for breakfast buffet!
Your kind words are forwarded to our entire taem for a job well done.
tes, tops), the breakfast buffet was the second-best
We hope to host ou again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

What to feel special? The staff at Queen of Sheba in Eilat will make you feel very special. Rooms are very clean, staff is very charming. By far my best hotel experience, and I stay in hotels every week for the past 15 years. Great job!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for a lovely review. Our guests satisfaction is what makes our efforts fulfilling.
Your kind words will be conveyed to our entire team and we all look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.