“Our Family Holiday Stay In Eilat”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Toronto, Canada
“Our Family Holiday Stay In Eilat”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to any families. The hotel upgraded us to a one bedroom suite and the front check in staff could not have been more helpful. The morning breakfast is amazing and probably the most extensive selection of food of any of the hotels we stayed in Israel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Jeremy A

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your family stay, we have may different rooms suitable for families and our suites are lovely.
Have you joined the Hilton Honors loyalty scheme... https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/join/joinHHonors.htm
Thank you for your compliments and we hope to have you again for your next family stay.

Best regards
Davina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is my third visit only because the Royal Beach and Dan were full and it was last minute. I am presently here and arrived yesterday, the hotel seems more organized cleaner, more helpful staff and the breakfast brunch was "A" plus this time; the only caveats which in America is hotel 101 is to have bottled water in room( even if u have to pay for it) missing kleenex box and the pool staff were disinterested, unhelpful and one Russian gent ( staff) could not speak english nor cared to while he played with his cell phone.I had my cots ( sun beds) unilaterally taken by some guests by removing my items ( not hotel's fault) but requested assistance and no seemed to even care. Finally, and agin the hotel seems better attended too, albeit the hallway carpets are stained all over on at least the fourth floor where I am staying: but still falls shorts of western expectations of a hotel that seemingly would be maybe three star back home. and I would therefore, attempt the Dan or Royal again, very sad for the management does not seem to have the understanding of real hotel management and considering they are branded as an Hilton chain. I'll update for I am here for two more days

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jeff w
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear jeff w
Thank you for your compliments and descriptive review. I am sorry for the faults you encountered and have noted them to take action so they do not repeat. I am sorry our team was not able to assist with the unfortunate interaction with other guests, we are sometimes unable to control other peoples actions. We have taken your comments into consideration and will do our best to restore your faith in our product.
Thanks again
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

You know how they say "don't judge a book by its cover"?
well, the cover is actually nice, and misleading. the hotel looks big and impressive, right on the boardwalk, next to the beach... unfortunately, the "book" - the hotel is just boring, un impressive and just disappointing.

Defiantly not a 5 star hotel!
- Small rooms, lame bathrooms

- pretty small and un interesting swimming pool

- using the gym is not free for guests - requires extra fee per day (about 15 USD)

- staff people are pretty useless

- breakfast is big but not special

- there is no beach to the hotel, so you need to use other hotels beaches, if you want to sit by the lovely Eilat's sea, and pay for beds, cause you aren't a guest..

- the stair case that leads to the boardwalk and the beach is locked, so you need to use rather the main entrance all the time and walk all around the hotel or use a very un convenient lifts that go through a little but busy shopping center.

- expensive, and dose not worth the value

overall a disappointing experience in a Hilton hotel.
too bad though,cause Israel is amazing, Eilat is a cool city with great weather and things to see and do.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Chen D
Thank you for your review. Eilat is one of the most beautiful resort locations and the Hilton Queen of Sheba fits in perfectly.
We appreciate your compliments and criticism as one.Our hotel is in the process of renovating rooms and as w have already completed three floors we still have many left. We have different room types to suite any purpose and I am sorry these were not to your satisfaction.
Some services and facilities require seperate fees and the health club with gym and spa is one of them. Our breakfasts are rich in variety and taste but thats an individual opinion.
Unfortunately we do not have a private beach but our swimming pool and garden areas make up for that. Eilat has many beaches that do not charge entrance to.
All hotel entrances are guarded or locked mainly for the safety of our guests.
I am truly sorry for your disappointment though we do hope to receive the chance to change your opinion of us and prove that the ilton Eilat Queen of Sheba is the best place to be in our lovely city.
Best wishes
United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

While the staff at the hotel tried to be helpful, their knowledge and in general the convenience of this hotel for religious guests is of a very very low standard.
It is almost impossible to enter the dining room on the Sabbath or receive any type of food without having other Jews do forbidden work for you such as writing or making phone calls.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Doronspielman

Thank you for your review. The Hilton Eilat approved by the Religion council of Eilat. We have many solutions for our religious guests that allows them to enjoy their stay on Sabbath with out causing the desecration of Sabbath by other Jews.
I am sorry this was an incovenience for you. Our hotel has one of the most beautiful synagogues in Eilat and the comfort of our religous guests is a high priority.

I hope we have the chance to prove this in the future.
Thanks again for a helpful review.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel ever.Bedouin tent is better!!! I was waiting for room 4 hours.I called to clean my room at 10:00 am I returned at 23:15 pm is not cleaned!!! On breakfast I almost throw up.And for the end I hope minister of tourism will read it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Fil B

I am so sorry to read your review. Should you wish to elaborate on the points you have mentioned I would be happy to hear and do my best to try to change your opinion. Please contact me at davina.semana@hilton.com

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Came back from few days with my family. the hotel is very nice - rooms, food, location, but they currently family a very seveare service problem: we arivved at evening time and the room was not ready yet!!! they told us to go and come back at around 21:00..... they explaind that they are lacking employees, so they didnt had the time to clean the rooms....!! the receptiontionist also added that the hotel is acctualy not functioning and they are sorry ..... unbeliveble situation.
the service problem continued but got better with time....

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Neta1
Dear Neta1
Thank you for your review. I am glad your overall stay was enjoyable and wish to apologize for the faults you encountered.
We do not hand over rooms so late in the evening therefore you either arrived on Saturday, after Shabat or there was a specific problem regarding your room. We have installed a new office system and this could have caused the delay, not lack of team members. I apologize for the inconvenience.
We are committed to our guests and the Hilton brand and therefore our team takes training sessions all the time to train and learn the Hilton standards so they can give our guests the experience they expect.
I hope that should you return you will contact me at davina.semana@hilton.com so I can make sure you receive the service you expect from Hilton.
Kind regards
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel on Saint Valentine day last year. It was so good, that this year, when we decided to go to Eilat, we had no doubts where to stay. We ordered it again and were not disappointed this time too. This time my aunt came from abroad and we took her to Eilat. We stayed there two nights March 16 – 18, 2014. We ordered two rooms, one room for my aunt and another room for me and my wife. Both rooms were in perfect condition and had perfect beautiful view. I will describe our room (the second room was pretty much the same). Our room had beautiful, stylish, cozy interior and was very comfortable. The bed was huge and comfortable and the bed linen were in perfect condition, clean and fresh. We slept very well. The room was clean and quiet. It also had a clean and very well equipped bathroom. It had nice balcony with very nice view on the mountains, other beautiful Eilat’s hotels and Jordanian Aqaba. My aunt’s room also had a balcony with a beautiful Gulf of Aqaba view. The service was excellent. The rooms were very well equipped and had all the guests need. Hotel also has beautiful lobby, whose interior reminds ancient queen’s palace. We had dinners and breakfasts in beautiful hotel’s restaurant with enormous choice of tasty dishes, which can satisfy most demanding taste. All the food was fresh and tasty. The hotel has SPA facilities, which we did not use, so I can’t tell anything about them except that I believe that they are as perfect as the rest of the hotel. We enjoyed hotel’s beautiful swimming outdoor pool with heated water. The hotel has underground parking for the guests, who comes by car. It is free of charge for the guests. I found only one disadvantage in this hotel. WIFI with access to the Internet in the rooms, as in all Hilton hotels, is for a fee. However, there is a free WIFI and the Internet in the lobby. This hotel is rated as 5 stars and is not a cheap one, but it worth every spent penny. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for "Executive lounge" on the eighth floor