“Not so good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
New York City, New York
“Not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed in Hilton Eilat in May, 2014.

Very disappointing stay. Found dirty socks and feminine napkins in the drawers. First thing I saw when I walked into the mini-suite 426 was a dirty, stained mattress in the front room. The breakfast was the worst I had in any hotel in Israel. Very poor quality food. Service at the front desk and in the dining room was way below average. I would never stay there again.

Location is very good, outward appearance is beautiful but it is not enough to have an enjoyable stay in Eilat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adagio777
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Adagio777

Thank you for your review. Your comments do not reflect the standards and service we work so hard to maintain and I apologize sincerely for your dissatisfaction.
I am sorry you didnt enjoy the breakfast, tis is actually surprising since all our products are fresh and of the best quality available. Sorry that the room you received was not clean, I can only think this was an unfortunate error and I hope this was fixed immediatley.
Please contact us at shiran.sahar@hilton.com so we can do our best to change your opinion.
Kind regards,
Davina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Hebrew first
Eilat, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The room was pretty small but clean and well-equipped the bed is xl size, very comfortable and quiet.
The ugly thing is the noise from the next hotel air conditioners, which didn' let us open the balcony at night for a fresh air. Avoid the even number rooms at the range of 258-290, 358-390 and so on.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sergio C

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion of the hotel.
We have many different sized rooms, please be sure to check them out on our website or ask about them at our reservations center. I am glad it was comfortable and sorry that the outside noise disturbed you.

Thanks again for your review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We got a large room and a nice view. The hotel is very clean the only problem was the cats that we're going around the pool kitchen (the Cooke says there's mice there as we'll)
The breakfast was large and nice and the Kids liked it a lot.
All and all it was nice :)

Stayed May 2014
Dear Omernoy

Thank you for a great review. I am glad you liked your room and enjoyed the breakfast.
We put a great emphasis on the cleanliness of the hotel and its great that our hard work shows.
I am sorry the cats disturbed your stay, in this case our actions are limited and since they are a safe kept species we handle them according to the law and the municipality regulations together with the city veterinarian.
I hope we can have the pleasure of hosting you and your family again in the future.
Kind regards
Cagliari, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you want to be in Eilat this is the perfect location. Walking distance from most of the attractions in Eilat.
service was great, including their effeort to show you waht's near Eilat (from Petra to diamonds' mines etc.). room was very large, and both breakfast and the meals very abundant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear MadameMiriam

Thank you for a lovely review. We do believe our hotel offers the best location in Eilat and the best service and accommodation. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the great meals we offer.
We look forward to having you again on your next vacation.
Kind regards
Lehavim, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although this is not my favorite hotel in Eilat, it's up there among my favorites. The location couldn't be better, the staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly and the overall atmosphere is pleasant. The rooms are a bit small, but reasonable. I would gladly have taken the extremely comfortable king-sized bed home! Breakfast was good and if you're lucky enough to eat in the executive dining room on the 12th floor, the view is great! We had a very nice three-night stay here and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear abnlehavim
I appreciate your comments and value your opinion.Thank you so much for a great review.
Our team is doing its best to give guests the vacation they expect and I am glad you enjoyed your time here. For next time please check out our superior junior or family rooms, they are spacious and beautiful.
I hope we become your favourite hotel in Eilat :)
Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to any families. The hotel upgraded us to a one bedroom suite and the front check in staff could not have been more helpful. The morning breakfast is amazing and probably the most extensive selection of food of any of the hotels we stayed in Israel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeremy A

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your family stay, we have may different rooms suitable for families and our suites are lovely.
Have you joined the Hilton Honors loyalty scheme... https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/join/joinHHonors.htm
Thank you for your compliments and we hope to have you again for your next family stay.

Best regards
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is my third visit only because the Royal Beach and Dan were full and it was last minute. I am presently here and arrived yesterday, the hotel seems more organized cleaner, more helpful staff and the breakfast brunch was "A" plus this time; the only caveats which in America is hotel 101 is to have bottled water in room( even if u have to pay for it) missing kleenex box and the pool staff were disinterested, unhelpful and one Russian gent ( staff) could not speak english nor cared to while he played with his cell phone.I had my cots ( sun beds) unilaterally taken by some guests by removing my items ( not hotel's fault) but requested assistance and no seemed to even care. Finally, and agin the hotel seems better attended too, albeit the hallway carpets are stained all over on at least the fourth floor where I am staying: but still falls shorts of western expectations of a hotel that seemingly would be maybe three star back home. and I would therefore, attempt the Dan or Royal again, very sad for the management does not seem to have the understanding of real hotel management and considering they are branded as an Hilton chain. I'll update for I am here for two more days

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeff w
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear jeff w
Thank you for your compliments and descriptive review. I am sorry for the faults you encountered and have noted them to take action so they do not repeat. I am sorry our team was not able to assist with the unfortunate interaction with other guests, we are sometimes unable to control other peoples actions. We have taken your comments into consideration and will do our best to restore your faith in our product.
Thanks again