“Vacation at Hilton Eilat”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 8 June 2014

During May 2014 we stayed at the family Room.
Only towards 15:00, nearly two hours from the time we arrived, we received an update that the room will be ready only towards 17 o'clock and "making room until 17:00 is a worldwide network policy." While waiting for my daughter and I attended the four children's club. I asked the operator there if I can jump down to reception to see if our room is ready and if he could look after the child, who was busy drawing. His answer was yes. Less than - 5 minutes from the time I went back with my return I found that I bore disappeared. Operator and I went to look for her at the hotel and a few minutes later we found her moving around the pool. Then he remembered to tell me that he is not supposed to look after the children and that he make me "a personal favor".
Then we discovered that the air conditioner in the room does not work. Only after almost 1 hour a technician came and only nearly another hour managed to fix the air conditioner.
Though we ordered the family room and we were a couple + 3 girls - we got equipment to 3 only (shampoo, towels, soap ...). We pass almost "investigation" in an attempt to understand why we ask for more towels. When we asked for conditioner they told us that they can provide us only three and that if we want more we have to open a new call. During the following days it was the same. Moreover - despite repeated our conversations, every day we continued to receive only three items of everything.
On top – the room have no sign like "do not disturb". At 23:10 (when we were asleep) we woken up by the doorbell and got two bottles of water. 2 days later, at around 8:30 am, a cleaning service wakes us up again.
I turned on the third day vacation to complain, but nothing has been changed
At Check out I found that they charge me for Ice coffee that I didnt get. After long discussion with Receptionist, and then with her manager - after minutes of waiting, they told me that they can not cancel the charge due to technical issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank drordean
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the unfortunate chain of events you encountered during your stay. These do not characterize the service we provide our guiests and will be forwarded to all managers of the hotel to learn from and action on to prevent them recurring.
Our policy is to give rooms from 15:00, though I am sorry this took a while. Our childrens club requires the supervision of a parent for children under 6 years old. The issue with the mistaken charge was fixed as soon as our guest relations agent was notified.
We do have a record of the issues you have raised and we will be contacting you in order to make things right.
I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope we will be able to change your opinion of us.

There are newer reviews for Queen of Sheba Eilat

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The executive suite rooms are pricey but they come with the executive suite service which means you don't have to buy food or drinks if you don't want to. There is breakfast, lunch and dinner, and although it is light, the heat outside precludes any giant meal anyway. The other guests on a holiday week made the hotel noisy and messy but the staff are excellent at keeping the place tidy and smelling nice. The pool area music can be heard up to the top floor at all hours. We were warned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Lisa R
I am so glad you chose the executive suite and service, the lounge truly gives you everything you need for a relaxing holiday. Thank you for your kind comments on our teams service they will appreciate knowing this.
If you are not a hilton honors member please do join and start earning benefits.
We hope to host you again in the near future for another great vacation.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a Hilton Honors member I was treated royally at the Queen of Sheba, with a top floor suite overlooking Gulf of Aqaba. Had a delightful massage, whirlpool especially after a full day traveling by bus and walking in the heat of Petra, Jordan.

Minor complaint. There was no room control for the air conditioning and in the middle of the day, the room was uncomfortable; but in the evening, once the balcony sliding doors were opened and the cool breeze allowed to enter the room, I felt like dozens of Queen of Sheba's attendants were fanning me.

Minor complaint. The outdoor pool closed at 6 in the evening (18:00) allegedly because pool attendants were not working after that time. I never got the enjoy the beautiful pool.

Minor complaint. The restaurant service hours - either opened too late, or closed too early. I understand that this is a family-oriented hotel, but most resort restaurants open before 7 in the morning, and close well after 9 in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack K

Dear Jack K
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad we were abe to welcome and care for you as a hilton honors member. We have noted the minor issues you mentioned, I am sorry these were an inconvenience for you.
We hope to have you again as our guests and extend great Hilton service.

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We arrived to Hilton on the 25th of May and left on the 29th, for our opinion, too fast but only beacuase we had a flight back home 2 days later. The stuff was very nice upon Arrival and they've actually helped us the whole stay long when approaching difficulties. The Location, the view, breakfast, room, loby and pool where outstanding. There were always empty sunbeds to use as this is the most important for me on my Holidays. The weather rounded the whole vacation. We can't complain about anything and recommend it heartily. Thank you for letting us have such great Moments and we'll sure come back again under this circumstances.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 8th floor viewing pool and sea, I guess it was one of the better rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Naomi S

Thanks for a great review and for sharing your wonderful experience with us.
Its great to read that our team is appreciated for all the efforts they make in giving our guests the best service they expect.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very pleasant hotel and rooms. I was upgraded to the executive lounge. The people there were extremely helpful especially the young man who worked there who gave excellent advice. I had a large room with an excellent view. My stay was much better than the description in some reviews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank robw17
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear robw17

Thank you for a lovely review. I am so glad you were able to experience the great service of the executive lounge team and enjoyed a good room.
Your experience proves that we are doing a good job.

We hope you return for another great stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just got back from a seminar in hilton queen of sheba. If it wasn't on a seminar ( speichel price ) probably we had never meet...
It already written the major problem in the hotel for me that's "smoking near the pool" i think that not the hotel problem, It's a matter of education.
pro :
- nice pool. very clean.
- spacious room
- every demand that we had to room service was execute immediately.
an employee named: KAREM (קארם) was the the only person that remind me what is a really 5 star service.
con :
i have hilton hhonors, and at day one i asked for an upgrade and answered " the hotel is fully booked"' i asked it will be like this all my 4 nights stay ? and answered "yes". The day after i found that there is a free suites.. it felt wrong....
- one day, our fourth of 5 there was a chaos in breakfast. we waited more than 30 minutes to be seated and the staff seems hopeless.
To sum it up :
nice hotel, if you got it on special price grab it.. but let me assure you it is not 5 star hilton

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear dingo_27

We appreciate your review and thank you for sharing your experience.
It is unfortunate that we were unable to give you the experience you expected from the Hilton Eilat and hope that you will have the chance to return to our hotel and allow us to prove otherwise.
Thank you for the kind comments about the facilities.
Hilton honors guests are a high priority o us and we do our best to give them the benefits they are entitled to, I apologize for your impression of the way your request was handled, no doubt it could have been managed in a better way.

We learn from your comments to improve and reach the standards you expect.
I thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not that the facilities are not nice, but the Queen would have fired the service staff, at least those that we dealt with. How many times do you need to be promised something that never arrives, before you get the handle of the place. Service is spotty at best. Spend your money elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear sment,

Thank you for your review, it is important for us to know what did not meet our guests satisfaction as well as the good points of their holiday. Please contact our guest relations manager at shiran.sahar@hilton.com so we can look into your experience.
The service we provide is our top priority therefore our team participates in service trainings on a regular basis. We look forwrad to hearing specifics so we can improve. Your comments have been forwarded to all department heads including our training manager for immediate action.

We hope to hear from you to try to rectify your experience with the Hilton Eilat.

Kind regards