“Beautiful hotel in Eilat”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were traveling with our family of 5. We had two hotel rooms on the 5th floor. They were spacious and clean. When our flight home was cancelled, the staff at the hotel helped as best they could, even going online with the airlines to try and get us re-booked. The staff also helped us book scuba diving (amazing) and a tour of the Underwater Observatory Marine Park. There were lots of young families staying at the hotel, which we enjoyed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear weiss5fam
Thanks for a great review. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the city attractions. Thanks for complimenting the rooms, you enjoyed our new remodeled superior rooms, which we are very proud of.
We look forward to having you again.
Best regards

There are newer reviews for Queen of Sheba Eilat

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton in Eilat but were disappointed with the concierge, Hadas Broosh, who I believe is an independent. We were looking forward to Petra (which is beautiful and worth the trip) and had been told the tour would be a small group - it was a large bus of 27 with some overnight and some day travellers so added logistics. Our guide was great but we lost time and the added insight we like with small groups. We were also told no food could cross the Jordan border - even the Israeli driver who picked us up indicated bringing food across was no issue. We did stop for a lovely lunch on the way back at 4 pm (starving). These little details she should know. We also wished we had spent an overnight in Petra but Hadas indicated there was no added value in staying in Jordan. We sent her a short email and had no response.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear spoilme13
I would like to thank you for posting your review on the service you received from the attractions agent, who as you mentioned is part of an independent organization. We apologize for your disappointment and the incorrect information you received. I will forward this to the supervisor of the attractions company and I hope they will look into your email and concerns.
I hope you enjoyed your time at the Hilton and hope to have you again.

Thanks again

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Eilat Hilton Queen of Sheba Hotel last week. As requested, our room faced the sea and the pools, and we were told that our room (on the 7th floor) was one of the rooms on the lower floors that have been remodeled. We did not experience any noise! Our room was clean, well maintained, and had all the amenities we needed. The elevators were very quick, so you didn't really have to wait. The buffet breakfasts and dinners provided an unbelievable variety of choices, and we really enjoyed the opportunity to sample so many kinds of delicious Israeli foods. Megan who works in the office was a great help to us in planning where to go for snorkeling, arranging for special treats for us to help us celebrate our anniversary, and following up to ensure that we were happy. All the staff was kind and friendly, and Megan was especially helpful to us in planning for our snorkelling excursions, visit to the Observatory, getting a quiet room with the view of the sea and pools, and much more. She arranged with Davina, the hotel's general manager, for the hotel to send special gifts to us to help us celebrate our anniversary. The Hilton in Eilat is very fortunate to have Megan, and I suggest you ask to meet her. In the 1960s, I stayed at the Queen of Sheba Hotel that, at that time, was one of only 2 hotels (the other was the Red Rock) there. So, it was fun to come to stay at its successor hotel while we were in Eilat. We were very happy we chose to stay at the Queen of Sheba.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room, with view of the sea and pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear travelover18

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for such a lovely review.
Its great that you enjoyed your anniversary and the city's attractions and I am so glad Megan and I were able to contribute to your enjoyable holiday.
Thanks for complimentng our rooms, the remodeled ones are truly beautiful and comfortable. I will forward your compliments to the chef too, and housekeeping manager.
I am so happy you chose to "return" to the Queen of Sheba and that the experience lived up to your expectations.
We look forward to having you again.
Best regards,
Davina Semana
PA to General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed during 5 days for a conference .
Entering to the room we noticed the left overs in the refrigerator from the previous guests .
Bathroom was dirty with hair on the floor( same was on the children's beds )
I saw cigarets on the carpet next to to elevator for 3 days nobody cares to pick it up. Same with dirt in the corridor .
Worse was the housekeeping knocking at 8:30 , insisting to wait till we will open the door and ask him to come later ( no "do no disturb sign was available" )
Guests smoking around the pool ( next to my kids ) but seems no body cares but me.
They call it children's paradise , the place was empty , all games were broken .

We are arriving to Eilat for conferences for the last 6 years always stayed in the royal beach , which was unfortunately full this time , nothing to compare .

Eddi

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Adi M
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Adi M
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
I apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered in the room, and for the lack of care you felt at the pool.
Your comments are being forwarded to the department managers for their care and attention to prevent these incidents from recurring. These are not taken lightly and help us improve our service.
I hope we will have the chance to prove that these do not reflect the high level of service and standards we aim to keep.
Thanks again for your feedback,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Other than location there is no reason to stay here. Although the exterior of the hotel is attractive, it feels like the interior belongs to a 3 star, not a 5 star hotel.
Although we booked a non smoking room, when we checked in our room had a heavy perfume smell that was used in an attempt to cover up an obvious smoke smell. When I questioned the front desk about this they told me that I was on a non smoking floor. They did agree to change our room which also had a similar but less intense odor.
The outside temp when we checked in was 45C (113F) , and the hallways are not air conditioned. In addition the air conditioning in our room when we checked in was also turned off. The desk subsequently explained that the system in each room is designed to turn off when the room is not occupied. As a result it took our room about 6 hours to cool down to a comfortable level. Although I am all for being environmentally correct, with an outside temp of 45C this is ridiculous. If nothing else the system should be set up to allow the temp to rise to a certain maximum level, but not completely turn off.
The hotel was evidently full during our stay but you would not know it from the front desk that usually had no more than one employee at the desk at a time and often had lines of people waiting for assistance. Equally, if you tried to telephone any desk from your room you were usually placed on hold for long periods of time.
The breakfast buffet although well stocked was a free for all, like I have never witnessed, even at hotels in Las Vegas that accommodate thousands of guests.
In summary this property brings the Hilton brand to new lows and should certainly not be rated as a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ZZZZ10
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear ZZZZ10
Thank you for your review and sharing your comments with us.
It is unfortunate to read your review and I am truly sorry for the impression you have of us after your stay.
The hotel is in the long process of renovating rooms, its a shame you did not enjoy one of them.
The hotel team does all it can to enforce the non smoking in these designated room, I am sorry this was a discomfort for you.
All rooms are cooled on the arrival day of guests, I am sorry that yours was missed.
This review was forwarded to all department heads to take action to rectify the faults.
During summer time and holidays our hotel is usually fully booked and as we are a large hotel we accommodate a large number of guests. I suggest finding deals at less busy times even though this is unpredictable.
I do hope you will give us another chance to prove that the hotel is definatley a 5 star Hilton hotel as the issues you mentioned do not characterize our facilities or service.
Please do not hesitate to contact mme at davina.semana@hilton.com for anything.

Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The impressive exterior of this palatial hotel really set our expectations high. Sadly, they were not met. The lobby and public areas are beautiful, invoking the great Egyptian empire that once rule this area. Our upgraded room was large, but otherwise below expectations. The furniture was worn. The AC did not work all the time. The water in the bathroom never really got cold and the handheld shower didn't work at all. Surfaces and closet doors were greasy-amazing because there was an army of housekeepers constantly polishing windows and doors in the public areas. The breakfast buffet appeared vast -at first- until we realized the same five greasy items appeared again and again. The omelet chef could not understand English (this is the reason we choose Hilton), nor could she cook an omelet. The pool was lovely, but very warm. The staff did meet our needs, but the strange Israeli attitude-like we were bothering them-was pervasive.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Mike S
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read that your expectations of our hotel were not met. The events you describe do not characterise our hotel and service team since we make great efforts to live up to the Hilton standards and invest many resources in our team and facilities.
Your comments regarding the bathroom, the air conditioning, the cleanliness of the room and furniture have been forwarded to the maintenance and housekeeping managers for their attention and immediate care.
Your comment about the breakfast was also brought to the attention of the Head Chef for his care.
Our guests satisfaction is our goal and therefore we would like to have the opportunity to change your impression of us. Please contact me at davina.semana@hilton.com

I hope to hear from you and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Where should i start?
The hotel staff at the lobby need to learn how to give service, i do except from 5 start hotel that the staff will be kind, i had no issue with them but every time i asked a question i felt like they doing my a favor that they answer.
The room wasn't looked clean when i opened the windows i notice that there is cigarette butts at the window rail.
The carpet at the floor looked old and dirty the little piece of floor before looked like it need a good sweeping.
The room come with a little coffee corner but with no milk so i called the lobby to ask them if they can send milk they agreed but told me it will cost 10 NIS i told them that i will pay but then i asked them how much milk they bring and they told me half a cup.... 10 NIS for half a cup?!?!?!?

The pool, what can i say, if you think about holiday that include relaxing at the hotel pool, this place is not for you, the pool is small there is not even one little square of grass this is not the kind of hotel to come and stay in.

The hotel come with parking but since it is a small parking place i found myself every time search few minutes for a parking and few times i couldn't get to the parking since i was told it is full, it happened few time until one time i told them that i want to get in and look by myself , guess what, i did find a place, i think they have a deal with the people that work at the mall and at night they do save some parking places for them.
i know that parking is an issue at the hotels in Eilat but i also know that most hotels send you to a different place to park if they have no space, here they even not try to help you finding a different place.

The lobby it self was very hot it seems like the A/C is not working in the public areas of the hotel.

What can i say, i think it was first and my last visit to this hotel, i do not recommend any one to spend his money and holidays at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbarak2
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear rbarak2,

Thank you for your review. it is important for us to know our guests opinions of their stay and our hotel.
I apologize that the hotel service did not meet your expectations and the staff was unpleasant to you. This does not characterize our team as we invest many resources in training and building our team to give the best service the Hilton brand promises.
Sorry for the poor cleaning you described, we will take this into account to improve.
Our room service charges a service fee for each order, this is not the price of the items you choose.
Your comments regarding the pool are surprising as it is not small at all and the area is surrounded with lawns and sunbeds. I am sorry you were disappointed with it.
Unfortunately in the summer season our parking area is very full as most guests drive to Eilat with their own vehicles. We do not save parking spaces for anyone except disabled parking spaces. There are other parking options surrounding the hotel which I am sure you were informed of.

Our hotel team makes great efforts to give our guest the best service expected from a 5 star hotel that we are. I apologize for your disappointment in some arease of your holiday and hope to be given the chance to prove otherwise.
Should you decide to try again please contact us at davina.semana@hilton.com.

Thanks again for your time and sharing your review