“Outstanding atmosphere and perfect service”
Review of Dan Eilat

Dan Eilat
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel gives you the feeling of vacation and relaxation, with a touch of luxury, but not too much so that you can enjoy the pools, the food, the internet and the spa as much as you wish.
Two things should be corrected: first, the check-out wasn't well organized and people were not attended orderly. Secondly, there was loud music and people were smoking at the pool!
But besides that everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room faces the pool and the sea, so that you can enjoy the view and the terrace
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear theos10,

All of us here at the Dan Eilat love hearing that guests left us with feelings of calm and relaxation. I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time with us, and will be happy to forward both your compliments our managers. Regarding the check-out, we do our best to help people with both check-in and check-out in an expedient and timely manner, but unfortunately at times it can get a little busy, and as for the pool area we make every effort to follow and reinforce the non-smoking laws and have designated areas where people can smoke. Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see you once more on your next stay in Eilat.

There are newer reviews for Dan Eilat

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was our fourth visit to Eilat - first time Dan Eilat. The hotel has an excellent location, and all facilities on the hotel ground are excellent. Pool area and the garden is first class. The breakfast is outstanding, high quality and loads of food! The room we had was first class, with a nice balcony and view. All staff was nice, maybe not all persons all time showing customer care! It was also a couple of busy days. But we will come back :-)

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room with a balcony and a view to the pool and see. left wing was our preferred pl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Gert4000,

Your kind words are most appreciated; allow me to pass on your compliments to our head chef, Ofir Kedem. He and all the members on his team do their best to prepare culinary delights to satisfy our guests, and he is always happy to hear that he was able to satisfy another person we were hosting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor community, and I look forward to seeing you once more next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The staff on my first visit were just OK, on this visit however they were really nice, very helpful and very attentive. This may have been because I got the guest relations people at the Dan Tel Aviv to book and confirm my reservation.
The room was clean and spacious but very dated, the view was amazing.
The executive lounge is very nice with a good selection of food and drinks again the staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was fantastic :-)
The heated swimming pool is a must in winter and looks really good lit up at night.
The Spa was so relaxing and the staff were really nice and very professional.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear maxonholidayIwish,

Thank you for your warm words! It's wonderful to hear when our guests leave us well-rested and happy. I will be delighted to congratulate our department managers on a job well done, and they will pass the word on to the rest of our team. Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you among our guests again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel is excellent, have been here a few times and always look forward to my next visit.
The food is excellent. I have celiac disease and the chef, Avraham Shaul, always accommodates me with the most delicious meals imaginable.
The room was excellent, a beautiful view of the pool and the beach. I took many pictures from the balcony and watched a beautiful sunset, something I can't do in the city.
We came for Valentine's Day weekend and we enjoyed every minute of our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
1  Thank 831Happycamper

Dear 831Happycamper,

It's always a pleasure to hear that members of our team here at the Dan Eilat were able to assist you. I'll be more than happy to pass on your compliments to Chef Shaul, and to tell him how much our guests appreciate his hard work. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor community, and I look forward to have the opportunity to host you on your next stay in Eilat.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Staff:
Staff were not so welcoming and helpful, sometimes I found them even rude. Most of the staff in the dining area were very nice but one or two were rude. The girl who gave us the beach towels was very nice, polite and helpful.
Rooms:
Rooms were tired, small, and not so well equipped. The floor in the bathroom was poorly cleaned. The shower pressure was good and strong but the shower curtain was very thin, so the floor was soaked after every showering. The bed was not the modern hotel room style. The carpet was old and stained.
I was hoping to be upgraded because of being a Dan E-member, but no, all we got was bottled water.

The common areas:
Lobby, pool, restaurants were very outdated, and not always so clean. The sunbeds were awful, stained and not in good shape.
The lobby gift shop was quite bad.

Dining:
We had ordered half board, and the queue system was somewhat irritating. There should have been more staff at the dinner buffet. it was very difficult to get service at dinner because of the shortage of staff. Friday evenings were chaotic because of Shabbat.

One curious incident: one late evening, my daughter was already asleep, someone spoke in Hebrew in the loudspeaker. We didn't understand and got a little worried so we phoned the reception. A man answered and he didn't say a word to me, after some time a woman came and explained that it was a mistake and she's so sorry it will not happen again. After 10 minutes he did it again...

One more thing, the executive lounge. Nobody had told us that it's only for "special guests". We went there and were very rudely told that it's not for us, without much of an explanation.

I'm sorry, I had expected this to be a wonderful hotel but it sure was not.

The best thing in Eilat was the warm weather, the beach and the sun!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Editalovestotravel
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Editalovestotravel,

Thank you for leaving a review; it is only through reviews such as yours that we can continue improving our level of service and the quality of hospitality. I'm sorry that you didn't have quite the experience you were hoping for, and I wish that you had contacted me during your stay in order to smooth any bumps you might have felt during your time spent with us. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate managers who will make sure to reinforce our policies among the various departments.

Beyond this, I am happy to inform you that we are in the preliminary stages of renovating all the rooms in the hotel, and hope that the next time you join us here in Eilat, you will be able to experience the new style which we have chosen. The Executive Lounge that you mentioned is specifically reserved for guests who have reserved an "Executive" room or higher, and is part of the package that they receive. Please contact me before your next stay in Eilat so I can make sure to personally oversee your reservation and make your next trip an enjoyable and relaxing one.

With kind regards and thanks again,

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels m in Israel, Best location in Eilat just next to the beach, The family room is enormous-perfect for a family with 2 kids and the service room has a special courtesy menu for the todlers (soups etc). The breakfast is fantastic ( until 12:00) the swimming pool is great and heated in the winter ( open space )
A lot of activities for the children recreation for all ages also during the evenings.
Strongly recommend bit a little bit expensive

• Stayed: February 2014
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear 677629474,

On behalf of everyone here at the Dan Eilat, we are so pleased to be able to give you such a pleasant experience during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our high quality of service and I will be happy to forward your compliments to the relevant managers so that they might share it with their team. Thank you, and I hope to see you again in the near future among our guests.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We spent Wednesday to Sat night at the Dan attending a conference. Besides the fact that they ran the conference most professionally, the stay in the hotel was really hard to fault. We got a room on the 11th floor with a magnificent view of Eilat, Akaba and the sea going all the way to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. The sunsets and sunrises were breathtaking with the sun rising and setting on the beautiful stark mountains. The room was very fancy with a beautiful bathroom. The pool in the hotel was heated which is rare in Eilat this time of year. I used the water slide many times (the only 60 year old to do that!), they also have a whirlpool as well as a lap pool of 23 meters and a Jacuzzi . The hotel is on the beach and I also went swimming in the sea. They have 2 excellent squash courts which guests use for free. I put my name on the board and found a partner. There is a Turkish Hamam and a Finnish dry sauna all included (yes some hotels charge!!). There is also a privately run spa where I enjoyed an excellent treatment with a wet and dry sauna there as well. The food is one of the best features. The breakfast buffet is hundreds of meters long and it takes a few days just to learn where everything is. My only complaints are that they dont provide fresh squeezed juice, instead they have Prigat sugar water with a taste of fruit and they also dont have decaf latte (hafuch), just a bad powder substitute (Haag). We were there for full board. Lunch was meat (except Friday) as was dinner. No end of beef veal chicken and lamb, soups, delicious sides and salads either pre made or all the components with which you can make your own salad. They have a beautiful Synagogue which they service very well. They didnt charge extra for staying until after Shabbat went out at 6pm instead of checking out at noon. The front desk was always helpful as well as the dining room staff. In the summer its way too hot so I recommend going in the winter. Join the eDan club. Its free. You get a better room.

Room Tip: Get a room in the miidle and high up.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear jerusalemtravel,

Thank you so much for your kind words; whether it's for business or pleasure, the Dan Eilat makes every attempt to please its guests, and I'm glad that you leave us refreshed and relaxed. Our pool staff and kitchen staff both do their utmost to facilitate our guests in whatever they require, and I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time. I'll pass on your comment about the juice to the relevant manager, and hope to see you for your next stay in Eilat.
Thanking you once again,