Dan Eilat
US$286
US$237
  • Pool
US$1,450
Isrotel King Solomon(Eilat)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$180
Agoda.com
US$483
Isrotel Royal Garden(Eilat)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$222
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel(Eilat)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$60
US$253
Hotelpower.com
1,649 results
All reviewsswirl poolgreat hoteluntil noonterrace roomprivate beachbreakfast buffet ispool areafamily roomexcellent foodthe executive loungeroom was largestar hotelisraeli hotelskids clubhigh levelgreat vacationnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Dan for three nights in April. I don't really understand the rave reviews. Beautiful beach in front. Other than that, I guess if you have small children or a big group with kids, this would be a great place. It's akin to a cruise ship type atmosphere, or Las Vegas. It's crowded and noisy. The rooms are oddly decorated (very Spartan and not luxurious). We had an ocean front view, but it was blocked in bed with a wicker screen that I guess whoever decorated the rooms thought would separate the sitting area from the bed? Too bad. The décor is like a cruise ship (80's style?). The shower honestly was gross, smelled like mold/mildew, but I didn't feel like changing rooms, so I lived with it. All in all, this was not my cup of tea. We had a very large balcony with lounge chairs (4th floor I think) which was a good feature, but it too, needed some sprucing up/maintenance. The breakfast buffet was huge, again, a bit like a cruise ship. So, if you are looking for something luxurious/upscale, the Dan is not a good choice. If you have lots of kids, and are traveling with multiple families, I could see where it could be fun. I am a member of the e-Dan club, but did not receive the promised "gift" either at the King David, or at the Dan Eilat, even though I stayed multiple days in high category rooms at both hotels--I did ask about that at the front desk of the Dan Eilat and I still didn't get anything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear sanfran58,

Thank you for leaving your thoughts with us; it is important to hear the entire range of comments from our guests so we can know not only where our strengths are, but also on what to improve. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront area, as well as our breakfast, which our head chef, Ofir Kedem, works tirelessly to prepare with the help of his team every morning.

It honestly surprised me that you did not receive your gift for being an e-Dan member, and I would like to rectify that and send you one specially if you would e-mail us and send us your address. I am also happy to inform you that we are in the initial stages of renovating all of the guest rooms in the hotel to an entirely new style that will hopefully fit your tastes better, bringing the hotel to a more contemporary style.

I look forward to seeing you again, and hope that on your return you will like the new style we have chosen as much as we do. It will be our pleasure to host you once more in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The best quality of the Dan Eilat is its excellent location, on the beach and in the center of all the action. The view from the pool and our room was gorgeous. The ambience is eclectic, a cross between the Jetsons and the Flintstones. Our room was comfortable and the bathroom was the best we had in Israel. The breakfast buffet is lovely and ample and the tall, British manager in the morning should be running the place. We found the service elsewhere throughout the hotel lacking. The pool area could have been cleaner. The lounge chairs were filthy and leftover food sat for hours making the fly problem even worse. The free Internet service is circa 1998, but you can buy faster service for $10/day. We tried this and found it didn't work. Upon check out the PR manager blamed us and let us leave the hotel annoyed instead of refunding us the $10. This was after spending three nights and close to $3,000 at the hotel. This was an extreme contrast to the personnel we encountered at the smaller boutique hotels we stayed at throughout Israel. It was a shame because she was the last person we dealt with prior to going home after a fabulous two weeks in Israel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Eileen,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your recent stay; I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to interact with Jean-Marc, our Food Fair restaurant manager whose team works effortlessly to deliver only the highest levels of service possible.

It was with regret that I read your more constructive comments which have already been taken on board by the relevant managers in order to reinforce guidelines with team members at the pool.
On departure, with regards to the internet, I understand you spoke with one of our public relations representatives, who checked with our internet service provider, who informed her that the code given to you had been used during your stay. I'm not sure as to the specific circumstances but if there are any further issues, please talk to us immediately so we can rectify everything and ensure that you have only the most pleasant of stays.

Thank you once more, and I hope to see you among our guests again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I visited this wonderful hotel some years ago and was dreaming to come back. This time, when I came back with my spouse, I discovered a huge hotel which was functioning very well, but still lacked something very important: the front desk people lacked basic knowledge of Eilat. When asked about places, addresses etc. it turned out that they actually had no idea of the vicinity. When we asked for a map of Eilat, the only map they could offer was in Russian. This was a bit disappointing.
I really expect that this kind of hotel would provide its guests with all sorts of information - whether directly connected to the hotel or not.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liora293983
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Lioa293983,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback; it was wonderful to hear that you had a pleasant time with us, and I'm glad we could be of service. Regarding your comment about our reception team, I wanted to turn your attention to the Concierge desk located adjacent to our entrance, where there is almost always someone to help with anything located in Eilat. They have maps in English, Hebrew, and Russian for all of our guests' needs, and can recommend a variety of different places to go to.

With that said, I will be happy to forward your statements to the reception manager, Mr. Julian Woolf, who will be sure to reinforce our policies and ensure that everything runs smoothly. I'm glad that you enjoyed the majority of your time with us, and hope to see you again among our guests so that we might truly give you the Dan Eilat experience once more.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very clean, good location, fabulous breakfast (From 07:00am up to 12:00 noon) excellent service. The food is tasty with all kinds of fruit that Israel have. Roon reservation comes twice a day. The hotel has its own privet beach and two swimming pool. on for swimmers and other for playing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benzi R
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear benzi56,

Thank you for the lovely review, and for sharing your thoughts about us with the TripAdvisor community at large. Is it our pleasure to be able to host our guests, and everyone who is part of the Dan Eilat team makes every effort to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and pleasant time. Thank you once again, and I hope to see you among our guests again on your next stay in Eilat.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We came as a family. The staff was very friendly, they reacted efficiently and quickly to every request. The location is excellent, and hotel is highly recommended. My wife had a birthday
there, and the staff made a very nice surprise on our request.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank רונן א
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Ronen A,

Thank you for your lovely review! It is a pleasure to receive reviews such as yours, and it fills me with pride that we were able to cater to your every need and fulfill your requests to satisfaction! It will be our honor to host you again next time you are in the area, and we look forward to seeing you again among our guests!