“Very good but old”
Review of Dan Eilat

Dan Eilat
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is good however, rooms are old and need refrbish. It is one of the expensive in Eilat. Swimming pool is great and rhe beach is one step from hotel. Food is fantastichad dinner which was perfect and the known Israeli breafast. . Not enough free parking.
Wi Fi is free. In such hotel I expect to have several kinds of pillows (hard, soft etc. .)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Itain
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Itain,

Thank you for the warm words; here at the Dan Eilat we make every effort to please our guests, and it's great to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast and dinner, as well as our marvelous swimming pool. I am happy to tell you that we are beginning to do a full-scale renovation on all of the guest rooms in the hotel, and I do hope that when you return to us, everything will be entirely new and fulfill every expectation you have a 5-star hotel such as ours. I hope to see you soon once more, and look forward to greeting you next time you join us.

Public Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the dan hotel in April with my family. We took two rooms with connecting door. The room was in the tenth floor, the view from the room to the red sea golf was beautiful.the room was in a good size and well a equipped. The pools are lovely and clean. The services in the hotel are like first class. The only thing that I didn't enjoy is the food. Lots of verity but nothing is really tasty. The food was recycled between the meals.
It could be because of the 'passover' holyday but still I expect from this expensive hotel to be versatile enough. Im not sure if I'll be back again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ofirtal
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear ofirtal,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our quality of service, which is one of the things we emphasize most with our team members. I am honestly surprised to hear that you found the food we serve less than perfect, as it's one of the things of which we are most proud of, and I do hope you'll give us another chance to pamper you with our Dan Eilat treatment. I hope to see you again among our guests next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love the Dan. It is located right on the best spot of the beach promenade, not too isolated, not too busy, and next to great restaurants (try Moses for gourmet burgers and La Cuccina, for fine Italian cuisine and pizzas). The beach itself is great because the rough sand is covered by a comfortable deck, with shades, trees and showers. Amazing breakfast with more options than one can think of, great staff and beautiful rooms (they all have a balcony with table and chairs, perfect for a late afternoon drink). Looking forward to next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with view to the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BetinaMaccabim
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear BetinaMaccabim,

It was wonderful to hear that you had a positive experience! Our team members try their very best to make our guests feel welcome and at home. I just wanted to mention that if you are a member of our e-Dan loyalty club, you get a 12.5% discount when eating at the Moses and charging the bill to your room, so make sure to take advantage of that on your next stay with us! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Location - perfect, just next to the action but without the fuss.
Food - breakfast perfect for every taste and request.
Clean and very well taken care of .
Decor- this is the time for an update .
Wi-fi - free in rooms and the lobby.
All together- maybe the best hotel in Eilat .

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade in order to have a more spacious room .

Dear mira 1,

Thank you for your detailed critique of our hotel. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and I'm glad that we were able to make your vacation a pleasurable one. Regarding the decor, I'm happy to inform you that we are in the initial stages of renovation, and are redoing all the rooms in a more modern style. I hope you visit us again in the near future once the renovations are complete, and look forward to greeting you on your next arrival.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Dan Eilat for 2 wonderful nights.
Everything about my stay was perfect......., room, , spa, pool. views, employees and Especially food They treated me like royalty. Excellent hotel and I will be back. Kudos to the management staff!!!

Room Tip: Choose Room with Bay View
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience here. It was clean, the workers were friendly, the location was awesome and the food was delicious! This was my husbands second trip to Israel and he has stayed here both times. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Kim B,

It's great to hear that we were able to give both you and your husband the kind of vacation you both deserve! It was truly our pleasure to host you, and I hope we remain your home in the area and we see you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It is nice to be back at the Dan Eilat. I must admit that I came with high expectations remembering that in February 2012 the hotel's management promised a total renovation of this aging hotel. Well... the renovations have not started as of yet, and if you like 20-30 years old decor, you will feel at home in the Dan.
On the good side, the Dan finally realized that WiFi is part of any modern hotel's basic service, and it is provided for free! Speed is not ideal, but enough to read and write mail. The buffet is still quite impressive and they have extended the breakfast hours, 07:00-12:00, so even if you slept late you still enjoy it.
The level of service in the dining hall dropped a little bit since my last visit. My breakfast table was set without teaspoons, which can happen, but when I asked a waiter for the missing spoon he promised to return, and vanished... leaving me with the bitter coffee.
There is also a feeling of tighter security at the hotel. Both at the entrance and at the dining hall I was asked not only for my room number, but also for my name.

Room Tip: Not all delux rooms are alike. The room on the 5th floor have big terraces while the view is more li...

Dear GolfBravo,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our free WiFi Internet available to all of our guests, as well as of our luxurious breakfast. I will be happy to forward your comments to the relevant managers, but wanted to address the renovation situation. We are in the preliminary steps of renovating the rooms in the hotel, and had a few example rooms ready, but decided that we wanted something even better for our guests who deserve only the very best, and are now deciding on which of the new example rooms to design our model around. Beyond that, we are also upgrading our Internet connection, giving everyone in the hotel must faster access to the Internet in this age of globalization and interconnectedness. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again on your next stay in Eilat.