“Great option for budget traveler”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I was on a shoestring budget when I took some time off from a temporary work placement in Jerusalem to travel across Israel. I looked for a room somewhere between a hostel and a luxury hotel, and I found the Americana. It was by far the most reasonably priced hotel in Eilat.

It was exactly what I expected: reasonable accommodations at a reasonable price. The breakfast is traditional israeli-style and on most days I ate a late breakfast that also served as my lunch.

The pool was nice, although I did not spend much time there because I was wandering around the beach, which is a short walk away. The staff was friendly and the room was neat and clean.

I highly recommend the Americana for travelers like me---don't need all the bells and whistles, just a place to stay while you explore a new corner of the world. It's totally no-frills, and that was just fine with me. So know what you're getting in for and you'll be satisfied.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 October 2010

Ideally located hotel just a short walk to the beach and shops. Nice friendly and helpful staff particularly Adina and Denys at reception. Room was cleaned every day and towels changed daily, Good air con and large a T.V. in the room. Comfortable bed and cleanliness levels high. Pool and SPA facilities good. This is a basic hotel but has more to offer a traveller who really wants to explore Eilats restaurants and other sites as it is centrally located and unlike the huge 5 star hotels isn't all inclusive so you get chance to see Eilat and not be tied to one hotel for your entire holiday! I would definately come back to the americana next year!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Stacey039
Reviewed 6 July 2010

The hotel is a simple very place for accommodation. It is cozy, nice and for the most part quiet. the rooms are average by size and quite clean. The rooms are small, unless you pay for the P/V supplement, and then you might consider a better hotel for a similar price. The beds are quite comfortable as well.
The pool is small but nice, the small jacuzzi and tiny dry sauna located at the SPA are nice as well (and it's free).
The service is good and the staff provides very good attention. It took them less then 10 minutes to fix the T.V. from the moment I called.
The food level is far below average and it's the biggest downside of the hotel. I wouldn't eat anything other than breakfast there. Other than that the neighboring hotel is sometimes noisy but most of the rooms are not exposed to the noise.
In conclusion: Clean and cozy rooms, good service but no WI-FI (common among 3* and below in Israel), and mediocre food at best. Good value for it's price level.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and 2 year old son in January for this year. We paid for 5 nights but only stayed for 3.

I would strongly recommend against this hotel and would rate it as a 1 or 2* if pushed. The whole hotel has seen better days. The pool was dirty with chipped tiles, flaking paint etc. We had one of the better rooms overlooking the pool and it was filthy. We had to lay towels and blankets over the carpet as it was actually sticky with dirt. Tiles were hanging off the wall and there were fag burns on the furniture etc.

The breakfast was inedible and we are not fussy people. Most mornings there were no bowls or coffee. Allot if the food was not appropriate for breakfast time and was obviously reheats from the previous night.

The one good thing about this hotel is the location, a short walk to the shops, beach and harbour.

There are so many nice hotels in Eiliat, - give this one a wide berth!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank joolywoolyseidel
Reviewed 1 February 2010

we went to eilat for New Year thinking that this hotel would have a party like the rest of places-but they didnt. All we wanted was some music and dancing-we didnt want to go to another place and pay cover charge and meal since we had brkfs+dinner in this hotel.
Were really dissapointed by absence of evening entertainment.
the food is very good for 3* hotel-and the pool is wonderful. since it is a 3* we were happily surprized to find a jackuzi and sauna-all free of charge.
Location is very good-close to shopping strip and to the mall and to the beach.
Hotel is cheap and unpretensious-if u r not into paushness and 3* is ok for u-then it is as good as can be expected.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SvietkaR
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I have stayed here a couple of times in winter time and will be coming back. The location is nice with only a few minutes walk to the beach. The people in the reception are laid back and nice. The rooms are avarage - decent size and clean. It is the cheapest hotel in Eilat with a winter rate of 67 USD a night including a nice breakfast - can't be beaten. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TravellerFromDK
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I booked a room for one night through a travel agency and paid a single supplement-
when I arrived they were not full and they gave me a horrible room in the back part of the hotel )it is like a two story motel)--- It was dark, burn marks on the rugs, furniture, etc. smelled of smoke-- an old tv and filthy air conditioner--- I went to the desk and complained and reluctantly they gave me another room because "it was only for one night" they said--- then the next room was quite nice--- bright, balcony facing the pool and a new plasma tv--- small frig -- very clean---- what a difference--- but they neglected to put my requested wake up call on the new room and never phoned me-- and the tour director arrived the next day and I barely made it!!!! and I missed the included breakfast I paid for.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo