We have arrived at the hotel on Thursday afternoon and after about 10 minutes of waiting got the keys to our room. It was located on the top floor of the hotel, and as we soon found out - was a room fitted for the needs of handicapped guests. The bathroom has been also fitted, and as soon as I tried to take a shower - water spread through the whole bathroom. I presume that they left a mop in the shower exactly for that. There was some mold on the floor, a sign of constant moisture in the area - this is something the hotel didn't care for very well. Shortly afterwards we discovered a chewing gum on one of the reading lamps.
After calling guest services, a nice lady did arrive to check the room, and eventually we decided that we would like to switch rooms - and received keys to a new room within a couple of minutes. The hotel took care of the issue - however, it would have been best for it not to have happened, as it (especially the gum and the mold) left a sour taste for the whole length of the vacation and came to testify that the hotel is not very well kept. The new room we got was cleaner, although it had another problem - the only sitting furniture was a single chair (and, of course, the bed). I decided not to test our luck again and we stayed in the room.
It has a great location, though, right in the central part of the Eilat promenade, close to the airport and the shopping mall, and has a nice pool and a private beach. The food at breakfast and dinner was fine, with a good variety. They also have excellent coffee, but unfortunately you can't have it on Saturday morning, as apparently the kosher laws wouldn't allow the operation of espresso machines.
Finally, the parking. The hotel has its own parking lot. It's free, though not private and is quite dirty. I was kind of worried to leave the car there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of the Red Sea, in the tourist and entertainment area of Eilat, stands the Rimonim Neptune Hotel, recently totally renovated. This classic hotel, known for high standards of service and warm hospitality, provides its guests with 278 modern rooms, overlooking the beautiful Eilat Bay. Other facilities include a well-equipped Health Club, intimate lobby-bar including wireless internet connection, large outdoor pool, children and kiddies pools and an array of activities and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rimonim Eilat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimonim Eilat Hotel Eilat
- Rimonim Neptune Hotel Eilat
- Eilat Rimonim Neptune Hotel