“great location”
Review of Rimonim Eilat

Rimonim Eilat
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great locatin just on the beach, a fine hotel .
Arrangement of the rooms takes time, we returned from the beach at 14:30 and the room was not ready, the room smelled strongly of cigarettes. The food was good and nicly presented.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rimonim Eilat

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to visit Petra in Jordan. When we arrived the check in was tedious and cumbersome. The staff member did not master the check in process. In addition the associate spoke little English. We were there for a night on a package arranged by one of the companies specializing in Petra tours.
After checking in we proceeded to our room which should be an un-eventful trip. There is one elevator for seven floors; making the wait long. The rooms are spacious with subpar fixtures and bed. The mattress was uncomfortable, not what is expected of a 5 star hotel.
In this hotel to use the gym you pay an additional charge.
We visited the spa and was average at best.
Definitely not a place to visit in the future.
We should rather cross the border right away and stay in Petra if not Aqaba.
Beware of the companies setting up this packages. There are better choices in Eilat if you choose to stay there.

Room Tip: There is lots of noise in the beach during the evening. Pick a room away from the public beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel itself is nice, modern and in a good location. The real standout, though is the amazing service we received on two different occasions from the staff. Jana, Adi and especially manager, Orna Solomon, went out of their way to help us solve several logistic issues when unexpected rain wreaked havoc with our planned itinerary. I can't say enough about how helpful they were.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sierratravels
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have arrived at the hotel on Thursday afternoon and after about 10 minutes of waiting got the keys to our room. It was located on the top floor of the hotel, and as we soon found out - was a room fitted for the needs of handicapped guests. The bathroom has been also fitted, and as soon as I tried to take a shower - water spread through the whole bathroom. I presume that they left a mop in the shower exactly for that. There was some mold on the floor, a sign of constant moisture in the area - this is something the hotel didn't care for very well. Shortly afterwards we discovered a chewing gum on one of the reading lamps.

After calling guest services, a nice lady did arrive to check the room, and eventually we decided that we would like to switch rooms - and received keys to a new room within a couple of minutes. The hotel took care of the issue - however, it would have been best for it not to have happened, as it (especially the gum and the mold) left a sour taste for the whole length of the vacation and came to testify that the hotel is not very well kept. The new room we got was cleaner, although it had another problem - the only sitting furniture was a single chair (and, of course, the bed). I decided not to test our luck again and we stayed in the room.

It has a great location, though, right in the central part of the Eilat promenade, close to the airport and the shopping mall, and has a nice pool and a private beach. The food at breakfast and dinner was fine, with a good variety. They also have excellent coffee, but unfortunately you can't have it on Saturday morning, as apparently the kosher laws wouldn't allow the operation of espresso machines.

Finally, the parking. The hotel has its own parking lot. It's free, though not private and is quite dirty. I was kind of worried to leave the car there.

Room Tip: Do not take a special needs room unless you are really handicapped. Otherwise you'll have to cle...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vladi D
Reviewed 21 March 2014

this hotel has the best location in eilat/ the view of the bay is perfect
the overall service is ecxellent so to stay at this hotel gives you a perfect holiday in eilat
breakfast is the best we ate in our country
the deaner is very good and the veriety of the food is very good

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben Zion w
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

dear Ben Zion w,

Thank you for your custom and for your generous review of the facilities, service, location and food.
Delighted with your high opinion of us and looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Nir Naimi-General Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at The Rimonim Eilat (February 2014). Firstly, the good points. The hotel is in a great location – I love you can step out the swimming pool onto the beach front. The food was very good quality and had a great variety.

Now, for the bad points. With 2 kids we decided to upgrade to a suite. Last time we stayed at the hotel we had a separate bedroom, with a nice lounge and a large whirlpool bath. This time – even though we upgraded, what we were given was a room which rather pointlessly had a half wall in the centre of the room to give the illusion of privacy from the kids (which is certainly did not). Once the sofa bed was down and stayed down for the week, there was not any place to sit comfortably in the room. The bath was a standard size – although it still had a whirlpool I could not help thinking it was a rip off as I assumed upgrading we would get a better room - which we certainly didn’t.

The man who checked us in was a nice and gave us a warm welcome. Unfortunately, that is as far as I can go with complimenting the staff.

During our stay, there were several incidents. One evening as we were going down to dinner, the floor by the elevator had been mopped but no wet floor sign put out. My son slipped and banged his head on the hard floor. When I complained to reception, the girl I spoke to didn’t say anything and then disappeared into the back office – I assumed to speak to the Manager but failed to re-appear. Disgusting service.

One night my youngest son was very ill with an ear infection and I had to take him to hospital. The next morning I had to go and get his antibiotics and painkillers. I asked the two girls on reception what time the Pharmacy opened. One said to me 11am. I said that can’t be right – they both looked at each other and repeated that it opened at 11am. I didn’t believe them and went to the pharmacy at 9am and it was open. Not one of them could be bothered to pick up the phone and check and made up a lie to me. Disgusting service.

One night we needed a babysitter. I asked a member of staff from the kids club how much the hourly fee was. She told me 30nis per hour. The next day she told me she had asked reception and it was 40 - 50nis. We proceeded with the babysitter but I couldn’t help thinking that 50nis was very expensive but I paid up. (200nis for 4 hours). The next day I asked reception how much a babysitter was. I was told with 2 children it was 40nis. I feel I was lied to and ripped off. I am not going to name the member of staff involved as I feel its not worth getting her into trouble over 40nis but can’t help feeling a rather bitter taste in my mouth.

Finally - to the pool staff. My children had lots of fun in the pool – my youngest was in the shallow end all week with arm band where we could monitor him. The pool staff as far as I could see (especially two of them) seem to be there not to guard the pool but to pose to all their ‘admirers’ walking up and down the pool with shirts off talking on their phones. One guy who seemed to set his hair in a bun like a sumo wrestler spent his days performing exercises on the lounge equipment and the metal swimming pool steps (that already seemed quite weak) once he felt he had a sufficient audience. I did not feel at any occasion they were taking their job seriously. On the final day, one of them came up to me (without his shirt on so I was unaware until this point that he worked there) and told me my son could not be in the pool alone. I told him he was with his older brother but he did not care and said I had to be in the pool with them. I suppose on day 7 it was nice that one of them decided to take their responsibilities seriously. The hotel management need to break up this ‘posing mentality’ and get them to do their jobs.

Would I stay in this hotel again? Well yes I would. I like the location but have learnt my lesson in expecting anything in terms of professionalism from the staff who, seriously need to up their game.

Room Tip: If you have kids do not go for the upgraded suite - absolutely no privacy from the children.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan62r
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a small summer vacation. We were celebrating our engagement and since we wrote this in the hotel reservation form - received upon check-in in the room a fruit dish and wine which was lovely, and free entrance to the spa.

The room was nice, basic and clean, and had a lovely view of the sea. We had 1/2 pension and both the breakfast and dinner buffet was delicious. We got special deals on attractions with the Rimonim, and were advised of what great things there was to do in Eilat.

All in all lovely hotel, great food, lovely and professional staff and great location right at the heart of the Shuk and near the beach.

Room Tip: We had the Sea Star room which was basic, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merav L
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Merav L,

It was truly a delight to read your review; Thank you for the kind words and for the time you took to share your wonderful experience at Rimonim Eilat hotel.
We strive to deliver the best service to all our guests and it is always great to hear when we succeed.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards