“Renewing - good direction”

Isrotel King Solomon
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 7 December 2013

At last, this big hotel is renewing its rooms. We received the old room in the beginning , which is really depressive, but changed it to the renovated room which give a much better feeling. The lift's are old and also must be changed. Much improvement with the food, especially dinner. Very surprising - no free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: North rooms are very noisy if terrace is open (no matter which floor).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eyal T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I can not say enough about the quality of this hotel! This was the first time that I had ever traveled to Israel and I came with a very large group so I was a little hesitant at first. However, all of my fears were quickly swept aside as the staff provided the best service that I have ever experienced. They were friendly, courteous, and more than willing to help out with every need that we had. The hotel itself is gorgeous and in an incredible location! I had a wonderful view of the city/mountains from my balcony. Plus, we were only minutes away from fabulous shops and endless entertainment. My room was in excellent shape and very modern. The cleaning staff kept it miraculous for my entire stay (which was over a month). I also can't say enough about the food. Every morning we were greeted with unlimited fare that was both different and delicious. Breakfast included an omelet bar, coffee bar (choice of coffee, espresso, cappuccino, etc.), bread bar, cereal bar, and your choice of fresh juice or milk. The hotel also had a full spa that both my wife and I took advantage of due to the reasonableness of it's price. I did not travel with any children, but if I would have they would have had an amazing time as I saw numerous activities/events for youth to allow parents time by the pool. As stated before, this was the best experience that I have ever had with any hotel and I have traveled all over the world for work. I will not hesitate to choose Isrotel again whenever I am back in the area (which I hope will be soon!!).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel King Solomon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Hello David M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Isrotel King Soloman on your first trip to Israel. I am thrilled to read your experience during your 1 month stay was excellent and each service you received was better then the last.

From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is located in a great location, walking distance from everything. What really sets apart King Solomon from other hotels was the staff. The staff made me fill like I was flying first class for the duration of my trip (3 weeks). They are some of the hardest working most professional group of individuals I have encountered in the hotel business. I will absolutely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Eilat.

Room Tip: King's floor makes for an even better stay. The King's Lounge and the staff are amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

we returned to this hotel after a gap of 8 years -previously service and fabric had deteriorated.
This visit (for 6 days) showed huge improvements -the quality and size of room, the excellent service from a rapid check in and throughout our stay.We only booked for breakfast which was of amazing variety and quality.The pool area and pool itself was clean quiet and swimming was a pleasure.Location, always good, enhanced by the new ice shopping mall.
We promised ourselves a return holiday next spring.

Room Tip: corner suite worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shosket
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel King Solomon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear shosket,

Welcome back to Isrotel King Soloman Eilat, we are delighted you returned after an eight-year hiatus. I am pleased to read your stay with us was exceptional and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next spring.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The only way to enjoy this hotel is by staying at the King's floor. The rooms are renovated and modern. Staying at the King's floor entitles you to free entrance to the lounge that is open almost all day and also entitles you to have VIP breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and not at the crowded dining room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel King Solomon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Dr_Iris_B,

Thank you for your tip on the King’s Floor. We do hope you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

never given such a bad review and I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. need a holiday after my ‘supposed’ 3 day holiday in this Isrotel hotel. ill start with the positive, we had half board and the food at the breakfast and dinner were very good and a lot of choice, although you can’t stay in the dining room for a long time as it’s very noisy and they sit the tables very close together so you will constantly get bumped. The service staff were also very good and really tried their hardest, apart from the hostile and unfriendly manager of the hotel – despite it being her job to listen to criticism, she was very sarcastic and unpleasant. So the rooms and the hotel itself is out dated and tired looking and could use an revamp badly. Bed was uncomfortable, safe in the room is so old, broke twice on our 3 day stay, phone didn’t work and the shower curtains were merely a sheet which did not prevent the bathroom from constantly flooding. Long lines and crowds for everything in this hotel – the worst was the lift – I spent at least an hour a day waiting for the lift – and when it finally came it was full or going to a higher floor. I would eventually split up with my husband, he would cram in the lift with the baby and I would cram in another lift, having to fold the stroller so I could squash in. worst hotel experience I have ever had, money down the toilet and it wasn’t cheap. long lines to check into the hotel, there was also no parking available when we arrived at the hotel so we had to park very far. pool was very crowded and not shaded that well so was too hot to sit by the pool until late afternoon. kids running down the hall all day long so rooms were very noisy
Do yourself a favour and don’t stay in this Isrotel hotel. there are much better hotels in eilat

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bondigirl-sydney

Dear bondigirl-sydney,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the multitude of food options we provide and the service from our staff overall. I am disappointed however that the majority of your stay was not pleasant, and for that I apologize. If you would like to discuss your stay directly please contact me on hanis@isrotel.co.il.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The room and facilities are grate the service of the workers are grate the food very taste but the lines of waiting to entrance to dinining room so long that you regrat about order your vacation in this hotel. We came to eat diner at 21:30 because we it was terrible to wait in the lines.... For us it is o.k but to eat at that hour for small children it is unacceptable. For sure we will not come back to this hotel although that all the athers thing was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hani S, Sales Manager at Isrotel King Solomon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello Levish,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to read you experienced wonderful service from our team and enjoyed the room and hotel facilities. Thank you for also mentioning the high quality culinary options. I am disappointed to read you had to wait in line to enter the restaurant, thank you for highlighting this and it will be passed along to management for review.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.