Orchid Reef Hotel
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Good place - and good service. Good location and very nice rooms. Diving is pretty good to, and there are 2 dive shops few meters from the hotel. Breakfast is very good to. And the price is pretty fair

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights in December. Great location on Coral Beach, away from the "Las Vegas" glitz of North Beach in Eilat. Outstanding breakfast, and very nice rooms. My only complaint was the single, small, and very slow elevator.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was our second stay at the beautifully renovated Reef Hotel - once again we were very impressed by this hotel. Upon arrival, we were lucky enough to be greeted by Chava, the Hotel Manager, who made us feel at home immediately and was nice enough to upgrade us to a Junior Suite, which was simply fantastic - an enormous ,modern,spotless,beautiful room with two terraces and an amazing view. The Hotel beach is simply gorgeous, with lovely sunbeds and futons spread out along the sand, a wonderful beach bar/ restaurant serving a wide range of food, and lots of water sport rentals.Although it was November we enjoyed wonderful warm weather and this beach has a truly relaxing atmosphere - absolute nirvana......
It is evident that although the hotel prides itself for its laid back atmosphere, behind the scenes the staff works very hard to ensure that things run smoothly.The Hotel grounds and rooms are kept very clean and the maintenance crew are always busy.The Hotel staff are very efficient and extremely friendly and always willing to help.It is apparent that the Hotel is managed spectacularly- once again,we must thank Chava for that......
If you prefer an intimate,boutiquelike atmosphere during your hotel stay then this is definitely the place for you - we have stayed at many hotels in Eilat and this truly ranks among the best.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My father and I had a wonderful time at the Orchid Reef Hotel -- beautiful rooms, excellent location, relaxing setting. Hava, the General Manager, was especially nice and went out of her way to make sure our stay was very pleasurable. We will definitely return to the Orchid Reef Hotel when we're back in Eilat!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Beautiful small, quiet hotel situated on the south beach away from all the brou-ha-ha of Eilat. The rooms are excellent, kept sparklingly clean, thanks to the superb team of Sudanese (?) staff who perform their work quietly and unobtrusively; not only in the rooms but also also in the dining-room.
After a tiring 6.5 hour journey from Northern Israel we were allowed to make check-in at 14:00 and not at 16:00 as advertised, wonderful.
At this point my partner asked at what time dinner was served (we had booked half-board), only to be told that this week there's no dinner! But we've ordered half-board?! Chava, the shift manageress was called and she confirmed that there was no dinner this week. We were left speechless. No apology but.. you can eat dinner at the beach restaurant up to 6 pm (but not fish or steak) or you can eat at the sister hotel 10 minutes' walk away, (my partner is disabled and we flew to Eilat so were without transport). Once we explained this we were told that we could travel to the sister hotel with their transport at 7pm.
If we had known in advance there was no dinner maybe we would have made other arrangements. Eventually we cancelled the half-board and made our own arrangements for dinner, it worked out great. Just a really unnecessary stress at the beginning of a short holiday break. I'm 32 years in Israel and thought that my English "corners" had been rubbed smooth years ago but, it seems, I'm still not inured to Israeli "Manners".
How it must be for foreign visitors I can only imagine. Such a shame when all the rest of the package is perfect.
PS. The "Carpet-polishing" from 15:30 to 18:00 right outside our room one afternoon was also a little annoying, the guy who was doing the C-Ping also thought it somewhat wierd that he'd been called to do the work at such hours.

Room Tip: Room 202, on the south side, has not such a good view but is very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Relatively small - 79 rooms, the hotel is located on the coral beach in a quiet area. It's modern installations make the stay comfortable. All rooms have a balcony overlooking the sea, with a siting area. Well decorated, the rooms seem new and clean. There are 2 restaurants, one on the hotel's premises open for breakfasts and dinners, and other on the beach. The beach one is very good and the atmosphere is nice and friendly. There is also an excellent restaurant next to the hotel - the last refuge, one of the best seafood in town, highly recommended !
The service is a little bit absent and concentrated mostly on Russian clientele, highly represented during our stay.
The beach is ok, rather stones than sand, but relaxing and has a beautiful view on the Jordan red mountains. You may arrive early on the beach to take your chair, otherwise is crowded from 10 especially during the weekends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Reviewed 15 October 2013

First off do not confuse this hotel with the Orchid hotel which is a bit further south of Orchid Reef and has been around forever. This is a renovated hotel acquired by the Orchid group in the last few years. It is a small hotel with 79 rooms but good amenities.

They did a fabulous job renovating the rooms. My nephews loved the blue accent lighting in the bathroom. Our rooms included a mini fridge and large flat panel TV as well as a balcony overlooking the pool. The pool is immaculate and masks/snorkels are available for free from the front desk. the breakfast was the best we had in our two weeks in Israel.

Now for two not so nice things. When we used booking.com we asked for two beds per room. Some how we ended up with a double bed and couch for room. Not what we asked for. The night staff promised that management would follow up with us on this. I'm still waiting.

While getting ready for bed we found dried blood on the sheets and duvet and other assorted stains. We told the staff the next day and the sense of indifference conveyed by the staffer made us feel like pampered western tourists. Its just not good enough to hide the bloody duvet inside a new cover. Clean it or throw it out please.

A note about the location. The hotel is very far south on the strip. You can't really walk to central Eilat esp. not in the heat of the day. We had a car so we didn't care too much. That reminds me, there is very little free parking at the hotel; the lot in front requires you to buy a ticket from a rather ornery machine. The beach is rocky and unappealing but frankly that's par for the course in Eilat. Once you get in the water put on a mask, the dazzling array of fish will make you forget about everything else.

Finally, prices vary radically at this hotel. We paid $530 for 3 nights including three breakfasts. for whatever reason, other web sites had the same room at $1500 for threee nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013