“Nice hotel, Great location, Amazing Staff”

Isrotel Riviera Club Hotel
Ranked #39 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Modiin, Israel
“Nice hotel, Great location, Amazing Staff”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a very simple hotel, nothing fancy, simple but nice rooms.
The staff was very good and very helpful. They said they will send someone to set up our sofa bed and the guy was there in less then 5 min, opened the bed and made it.
We ask for a microwave (the room had a toaster over) and they got it for us in under 30 min.
The location is great, 5 min walk to the beach and boardwalk, 5 min walk to the Ice Mall. Pool is nice, big enough with enough beds even when the hotel was full. The hotel has no meals and no restaurant. We used that to save money .... we brought with us some breakfast essentials, bought milk at the hotel convenient shop and it was great. Recommend this hotel with families that don't want to spend crazy $$ on Eilat hotels.
Take into account - Kitchen is older, pool on the weekend gets crowded and noisy, no restaurant on premise, no coffee in the room (they have a coffee maker but no coffee). Parking gets crowded on the weekend but we found parking without any problem.

If you like to cook and eat in instead of spending hundreds on restaurants this is a good hotel for you.

Room Tip: We took a room facing the pool on the first floor so you have a small balcony, its very nice but not...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ohad B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The place has a guarantee of cleanliness, but you walk into the room and there is an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. When we asked if non smoking rooms were available, they said there are none. Some hotels in this chain are nice, this is not one of them. Stay anywhere else.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lehavim, Israel
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed at the Isrotel Riviera Club several times, but after my most recent visit, I don't think I'll stay there again. First of all, on at least two occasions when I stayed at this hotel, there was quite a bit of noise from outside. I don't know if all the rooms face the pool, but from those that do, you can hear not only the people at the pool, but also everyone who walks through the pool area to get to their room. In addition, although my room was not on the ground floor, during my most recent stay, I discovered a very big cockroach in my room. As I was a woman staying alone and I had already showered, I couldn't call maintenance, so I spent several minutes chasing it with a shoe, until it ran up under a slab of wood covering the curtain rod. Then I had to wait until it decided to come down, which it eventually did, and I finally managed to kill it. This was not exactly the quiet evening that I had planned.

I must mention that when I checked out the following morning, the manager heard my story and immediately gave me a discount on my room. I will think twice about staying here again, though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in 2009. It was very tired then and in need of desperate renovations. I booked a package deal with an airline in March 2014. I did not realise that I had booked the same hotel. I read online that renovations of the rooms had been carried out in 2012, so I was not too disappointed. When I arrived at the hotel, I saw that the 'renovations' were just a minor facelift. The bathroom is new and the kitchen bench, apart from that, it's the same old room. They put in a few new items of furniture, but they have left the old peach tiles, the lights are old. The hallways has new artwork and door surrounds with the old tiles and carpet. So much potential but it just misses the mark. That said, service was great. Good hotel if you're speeding time in the room to sleep.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Shennys
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is clean, well maintained and rooms are comfortable. This is not a fancy 5-star hotel but my overall impression is very good. The minimarket was ok, the location is convenient and the staff was friendly. The kitchenette was simple yet functional. Updating the minioven and the fridge would make things more convenient. All in all, I found this hotel to be good value for my money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is well maintained and located.
The swimming pool is huge, clean and supervised.
The kids club is brilliant, although it is hard to find so don't forget to ask.
The rooms are very comfortable.
The shop at the hotel sells everything you can think of and is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TomDon2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My General impression of the hotel is quite good. Helpful and friendly staff. Everybody speaks English at reception. They answered my questions and tried to help where they could.
I appreciated that. Lovely pool area with enough sun beds and towel service.
The housekeeping lady on my floor did not speak English but she was always nice and trying to help me where she could.
As a single female traveller I got treated well and did not feel unsafe anytime inside or outside of the Hotel.
I had a very likeable studio with a balcony, pool view. Bed nice and comfi, flat screen with various channels it was nice to watch some good movies on a relax night in.
Small table with two chairs for small meal on balcony and inside studio.
Spacious cupboard with hangers and safe. Bathroom was fine too. Nice hot water available and clean. Change of towels daily with the exception of their Shabbat day, but no issue at all.
I cooked 2 nights in the little kitchen, which has very basic utensils. I would recommend the hotel to provide some more utensils for the kitchen. E.g., bigger frying pan, wine glasses, some better bottle and can opener and cutting knives. However it does work out well for a very basic meal. There is a water boiler, oven, electric cooker for two pans. Cutlery, plates, glass, coffee cups soup pan, little frying pan, soup/yoghurt bowls, salad bowl.
The hotel has a little supermarket where you find the basics for a meal. You can find supermarkets here and there, but the prices are about 15% higher compared to The Netherlands. I found a bigger/more choice 'regular' supermarket in the city centre next to the airport, but not any cheaper really. It doesnt make too much of a difference if you buy in hotel or outside. The promenade is a 5 minute walk away offering a beach area, and plenty of restaurants, different cuisines. Do note they expect a service charge of 10% of your restaurant bill, also I experienced this in the bar when i had a few beers.
In the hotel lobby there is a lady from the Eilat Attractions Information centre at certain hours.
There are a range of excursions you can book, sometimes with discount deals. if she is not there you can walk to their office very close to the marina. Nice and helpful people down there.
Do tell them you are in Isrotel, you get discounts on excursions.
Three Monkeys Pub is nice, they have some nice bands playing and good quality beers and free WIFI. The Irish Pub is also nice, 20 minute walk also free wifi.
My breakfast was a little disappointing as i had a package deal with Coredon a Dutch tour operator.
All the people from this package deal got the nice breakfast buffet at the Royal Garden Hotel next door and i got send to Boulevard, kind of cafe place inside a mall and first morning got stuck with bread, croissant and butter&jam a coffee and a juice. As i am not supposed to eat bread, well it was an issue. Luckily the reception of the hotel organised i could have an alternative which was very fine for me. I do find it strange i was not allowed to have the 'nice' breakfast buffet and the people from same package deal could....same tour operator,same package deal...
Btw you can use the facilities of the Royal Garden next door, but extra costs. I did not use the spa or gym as I found it too expensive for my budget. The massages offered were tempting though.

Overall I had a really nice stay in Eilat and I would not mind coming back to this hotel.
Toda Raba